Paite Chapter 4

Paite Chapter 4

A Story by PaiteAuthor
"

I had to rush the editing for this chapter. Sorry, if there are any mentions of a character named Drake. He was an early characted who has been terminated. But, I'm not sure I got all the mentions out... Sorry about that.

"

Illusions


    “Train tickets are how much?” Bekkah gaped.
    Bekkah stood huddled inside her jacket as rain poured down all around her. The train station was wet, and uncomfortable. But, at least she would be out of Lucielle in a few hours.
    “Two hundred and fifty dollars,” The man selling the tickets asked.
    Bekkah sighed. She would have to spend most of her saving here.
    It was either this, or an over night bus ride.
    “I’ll have one ticket please,” Bekkah sighed, handing a few crumbled bills under the glass window.
    The ticket salesman counted the money quickly and smiled.
    “All right, then,” He smiled. “I’ll just need you to show some I.D.”
    Bekkah swore and reached down to rummage through her bag. Praying that the ticket salesman wouldn’t look at the birth date on her I.D. Or, the Lucielle high school logo.
    “Here you go,” Bekkah said, holding the small plastic school I.D. out to the salesman.
    “Fifteen, eh?” The salesman asked, arching one busy eye brow.
    Bekkah groaned. She had been expecting this. She was a minor, and no one seemed to believe her story about how she was going off to meet her aunt.
    “You got parent permission you can show me?” The salesman asked.
    Bekkah sighed and shook her head.
    “Listen,” Bekkah pleaded, desperately. “I have to go visit my aunt. She’s sick. On her death bed actually. Her last request was to get to see me before she passed away. You have to let me on this train.”
    Bekkah felt bad about lying to everyone she met. She had had to lied about this and that her entire life. But, she had never lied about something else. She had never tried to hide something this big before.
    The ticket salesman shook his head. “I’m sorry, honey, but, I can’t let you on without parent permission. You gotta be over eighteen to get on alone. It’s regulation,” The man shrugged slightly, and lit the cigarette in his hand.
    “You have got to be kidding me,” Bekkah spat as she took her money and walked away.
    What now?
    Bekkah wished for what seemed like the millionth time that she had her friend, L’wren with her. L’wen could get them train tickets. She could figure this out.
    Bekkah needed L’wren now more then ever. She needed someone to confide her secret in.
    She needed a friend.
    It seemed like everything had gone down hill since the night she slept with Taylor. Things between the two of them had definitely changed. Suddenly, everything was ten times more… serious. And, it seemed like the Taylor that Bekkah had known before-The Taylor who had save her that day on that day on the helicopter-was gone, and in his place was a more serious, more dramatic Taylor who only worried and complained all day.
    Then Bekkah had found out she was pregnant.
    Things had never gone back to normal.
    And, they never would go back to normal.
    If something like sex was enough to tear Taylor apart the way it had, what impact would a baby have?
    It wouldn’t be good for Taylor.
    It wouldn’t be good for her.
    And, it would not be good for the baby.
    Taylor wasn’t cut out for to be a dad. He was too scared. Scared of love. Scared of commitment. Scared of life. Taylor wouldn’t be able to handle taking someone else’s life into his own hands, if he were too afraid to live his own.
    Taylor was in one world and Bekkah was in another. But, at some point their to words collided, Now all that was left after the collision was a baby.
    A start of a new life all together.
    Bekkah wished she had someone to talk about this with. Part of her yearned for home, where a simple pinky swear kept all her secrets locked away with her most trusted friend.
    Emmie would understand-at least-She would try to.
    Even said, Emmie was thirteen. That simply too young for a baby. Weather it was hers or not.
    Bekkah watched as the train pulled in. She would miss this train. She would miss this one window of escape.
    The large train roared by reflecting Bekkah’s own reflection back at her in it’s stainless steal exterior.
    Bekkah looked worse than she had in years. Her pasty white skin made her look wraith like and even smaller than she actually was. Her long blonde hair seemed to conceal her small face, taking her over and nearly hiding her small green blue eyes.
    In the reflection, Bekkah looked like any other girl, just a bit scarier. She could be anyone. She could be a girl on her way to see her sick aunt. Or, she could be a pregnant teenager with a crazy backstory and an unclear future. Anything was possible in the reflection. She could have any life.
    Bekkah found comfort in the fact that passerby may not see what she really was. A runaway. A disgrace. A mistake alltogether.
    Passerby didn’t know anything.
    It seemed like Bekkah hadn’t gotten two minutes of peace when it hit her.
    Suddenly, Bekkah was extremely nautious. She was sick. Sicker then she had ever been before. The discomfort was herendous, and Bekkah was on her feet, racing for the bathroom before she even had time to figure out what was happening.
    Leaning over the toilet in the smelly bathroom stall, Bekkah threw up over and over, until her stomach was empty and her tongue was dry.
    Bekkah reached over to grasp a wad of toilet paper from the dispenser and run it over her lips. She hardly had time to clean herself up before she felt her stomach began to heave, and it started all over again.
    This was her life from now on.
    Throwing up in a train station bathroom.
    Fantastic.

Tanya looked over up at the sound of a scream.
    It was Mona.
    Tanya glanced over at Zane who stood atop the boulder, smiling slightly.
    “What did you tell him to do?” Tanya asked, as she drew nearer.
    Zane laughed. “Did you see here? She was hiding something. Being selfish. I don’t allow people to keep things to themselves. It’s stingy.”
    “Talk about self choice,” Tanya snorted, and leaned back against the boulder.
    “You know, Tanya, sometimes you really push your luck,” Zane glowered.
    Devon would probably say the same thing to you, Zane,” Tanya laughed, dryly.
    Nico was drawing nearer now, getting ready to steal whatever Mona had in her hand.
    If she rufused. She would be beaten.   
    “It’s nothing, Nico,” Tanya heard Mona try. “It’s just… really… personal…”
    “All the more reason you should share it with the rest of us,” Nico smirked, drawing nearer.
    “Come one, man, leave her alone,” Drew groaned.
    Nico was almost two times the size of Drew who was a measley five eight. And, Tanya could see that fear in his eyes as he over shadowed the both of them.
    “You want to get into think Andork?” Nico asked, raising his fist.
    “Don’t hurt her,” Drew pleaded. “Mona, just hive him whatever you have. It can’t be that bad.”
    Mona bit her lip and hesitantly handed a small cardboard box to Nico.
    Nico grinned, “That’s what I thought,” He mumbled triumphantly.
    Tanya watched as Nico handed the box to Zane and resumed his place standing guard.
    “You want me to get her out of the way, boss?” Nico asked, motioning to Tanya.
    “No, she’s fine,” Zane sighed. Nico nodded.
    Tanya watched as Zane opened the small box and chuckled. “What is it?” Tanya asked, curiously.
    “It’s nothing really,” Zane shrugged, handing the box back to Nico. “You can return this to Mona, tell her that her secret it safe with me.”
    Tanya raised an eyebrow in suspicion, and shook her head.
    “What’s wrong?” Zane asked.
    “Oh nothing, Zane,” Tanya said, distantly. “I just think tat you of all people must be capable of finding something better to do than go through random girls’ things.”
    Zane glared at Tanya, coolly. “I would watch yourself if I were you,” He warned. Tanya waved him off. These were the kind of empty threats that she got from Zane, every day.
    “So what was in the box?” Tanya tried again.
    “Curious, are you?” Zane laughed, dryly. “It was just photographs. Private photographs.”
    “Nice,” Tanya snorted. “So now our leader’s a peeping tom. That’s a comforting thought.”
    “I’m not your leader,” Zane corrected.
    “You boss us around all the time. You give intructions. Sounds like a leader to me.”   
    Zane shrugged. He was looking at something now.
    Tanya followed his gaze across the clearng to where something was moving. Something, or someone was running towards them, and coming fast.
    “What is it?” Nico asked, suddenly becoming aware.
    “If we knew what it was why would we be staring at it?” Tanya demanded, before turing back to the figure running towards them.
    “Someone’s coming!” Drew said, suddenly.
    Everyone looked up from what they were doing. This was a dangerous time, and search parties were everywhere, desperate to find all the missing kids that had been rumored to inhabit this area.
    “Who is it?” Mona asked, meekly. It was obvious that she was still embaressed about the picture insadent.
    “It looks like… Lia…” Zane mumbled, scratching his chin.
    Tanya watched as Zane ran one hand through his shaggy brown hair. This was his nervous habit.
    It was a well known fact that there had been a rivalry between Zane and Devon for quite some time. The two of them had been nemesises even before Paite split.
    Now that the community was divided. Thing shad gotten worse.
    Just the sight f someone on Devon’s side, like Lia, was enough to make Zane cringe. Though he would never admit it-Zane hated Devon, and all of his people. For Devon, a rivalry was a rivalry, just a fair competition and nothing more.
    To Zane, it was all about dominence. And, Zane always had to be the alpha male.   
     
 

© 2009 PaiteAuthor


Author's Note

PaiteAuthor
As always I'm sure that a great majority of this story is made up of typo/grammar/and spelling issues. I will get to them. I swear. Please review! All comments help!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on May 28, 2009

Author

PaiteAuthor
PaiteAuthor

L.A. C.A., CA



About
Hi, I'm Chloe but most people call me Mel. I fall into a lot of different categories, but here are a few: -Writer -Musician -YouTube Video blogger -Avid Reader -Harry Potter geek -Nerdfighte.. more..

Writing