Assassins Mind Games -Chapter Three- Interrogation

Assassins Mind Games -Chapter Three- Interrogation

A Chapter by Chris
"

Sage Wolf, given a shot to ehance the body she makes an ideal peice in the governments ways. With her family dead what kind of offer will Sage Wolf be made, in a life full lies?

"
Chapter Three - Interrogation -

Sage could feel her surroundings, the room felt small, the walls were cement. She sat in a chair with both her hands handcuffed, which were linked to the shackles on her feet.
Nothing could be seen through the black bag over her head. Lifting her hand up it connected with cold metal, a random table was placed in front of her.
Sage could imagine the small room, a metal door with a long tinted bullet proof window along the wall to her right. Where lazy cops probably sat, recording every moment and word she was about to say.
Metal bolts could be heard unlocking from the outside of the door. Foot steps slightly echoed, while the bag was ripped off over her head, causing her hair to fall down her back. Sage's eyes quickly adjusted to the lone light that came from the ceiling.
The cop that removed the sack backed away as another man stepped into the room. Alexander Handerson.
The blond haired man carried a small tan file folder in with him tossing it on the green top metal table. Sage didn't look up at him or even in his direction. Her eyes stayed forward, looking at the file.
"Remove the cuffs, then get out." Alexander waved his hands in her direction.
"Sir?" the cop questioned, hesitating for a moment. He had seen what this teenage had done to his comrade earlier today, and he did not want it to happen to him.
"That wasn't a question!" his tone was harsh.
Quickly the man briskly removed the hand cuffs on both her hands and feet.
Sage rubbed her wrists. Man those things are tight! She thought.
Alexander paced in front of her, then took a seat in the chair across from her.
"How are you doing?" he questioned.
Sage didn't look up at him, but she knew how to play this mind game.
"You got a last name?" he nodded his head toward her. Alexander looked closer at her, did she hear me? He asked himself. "I'm assuming you know your last name?"
"Of course I do.... It's Wolf. Sage Wolf."
"Well," pleased with her answer Alexander folded his arms placing them on the table. "Let's start off easy shall we?"
A moment of silence passed, he opened her file, Sage's eyes scanned everything, storing the pictures and documents like a computer hard drive.
"We don't have much on you Sage, so let's start with where you were born?"
Slowly Sage looked up at Alexander's cat eyes. "Why don't you tell me Alexander?" her tone was edgy.
Alexander leaned forward talking low, his eyes narrowed. "How do you know my name? I haven't told you a thing."
She leaned forward slightly, "Your not the only one who keeps files on people."
Alexander leaned back looking slightly annoyed but also impressed.
"So where were you born?" he asked again.
"I don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know?" his tone raised.
Sage shrugged, "I can't tell you what I don't know."
Alexander raised an eyebrow, then hissed a warning, "Two can play this mind game Sage. And I've been playing it for years and have never lost." his body was tense, he leaned forward again and pointed towards the metal door, "You won't walk out that door until I get what I want. You won't leave to eat or sleep or even to use the restroom. Not until I get all of my questions answered. Do I make myself clear?"
Her expression was collected, she knew that he expected her to be shaking in her shoes. "Clear as mud." Sage said letting her body relax a bit.
"Alright, I'm glad we came to an understanding," Alexander stated while straightening his black suit jacket. "Where are your parents?"
Sage didn't want to answer this question, instead she improvised. "When did you start to keep a file on me, Alexander?"
"I ask the questions here, if you have any hold them for later. Now answer." he growled.
She swallowed, her throat felt choked at the thought. "My moms dead." Sage couldn't look up afraid tears may come.
Sage could feel shock over wash Alexander, he had not known.
"When?" was all he asked.
"My mother died a few days after I was born from side affects." Sage whispered.
From inside Alexander's ear piece he could hear the cops talking. 'Ask her from what.' his bosses gruff voice coughed out.
"Side affects from what?" he asked.
Her shoulders shrugged. Though Sage knew the real truth and that the Doctor had killed her by slipping her mother a poison. Reason why, was still uncertain, but the doctor was dead now. Sage had taken care of that personally (or so she thought).
"Alright, well where's your father?" Alexander sighed.
She shook her head, "Dead too."
He raised his eyebrows, questioning her answers. "No siblings?"
Sage looked up at Alexander's cleanly shaven face, letting her two colored eyes take him in.
"Yeah," she whispered, a spark of excitement flashed over his cat eyes only to disappear at her next words, "A twin sister, but she's dead too."
How is it that her whole family ends up dead besides her? Came the gruff voice of Alexander's boss through his ear piece again.
"Tell me what happened Sage. When was it when your sister died, and where did you live, who raised you?"
She looked down again, her right leg tensely moved up and down.
"The doctor raised my sister and me. She died after he gave her a shot that he had been working on -"
"What did the shot do?" He interrupted her.
"It enhances the body. Like the senses, hearing, sight, smell, agility, the mind too. It had a defect, he made corrections after her death." Sage paused.
"Did he give it to you?"
"Yes. I ran away when I was seven before he gave me the drug, but when I was walking from the city library back to the foster care shelter he managed to inject me with it."
"So your..."
"Not your average teenager." Sage finished for him.
"But you were adopted. By a family named -" he stopped looking down at the file flipping through some papers, "Crowning, who adopted you at the age of eight. They seemed nice, why did you run away?" his cat eyes seemed to never blink, only stare.
Sage cleared her throat. "Are you kidding? They adopted me when I was eight because they couldn't have kids. Around two years later, "Oh, I'm pregnant. And moneys too tight. Bye Sage!" she said mimicking Mrs. Crowning's high pitched voice.
Alexander cracked a smile, "You were thrown out then?"
"No, no. I threw myself out before the babies came." she rolled her eyes leaning back. "I've been living on the streets for about five years."
Silence filled the room. Minutes passed, "What is your connection to Mr. Douglas?"
"Care taker." she said sharply, challenging him to question her given answer.
"Did he give you a place to stay along with food and clothing?"
"What do you think?" Sage snapped, "I took care of myself when it came to clothes mostly. At goodwill people leave donations through out the day. So I take what I want and leave, like I'd never been there."
"You stole from GoodWill?" disbelief over came his face.
She felt the need to defend her actions. "It's really no ones until it goes into the store."
"Did Mr. Douglas ever -"
"Ever abuse me? No." Sage finished for him. Her mind went back to this morning when Mr. Douglas raised his fist up as if to hit her. She shook the thoughts out, no he would never hit me. He was only mad and trying to make a point.
Alexander nodded from across the table. He then pushed back his chair and stood, "Let's take a break and when I come back we'll continue."
The metal bolts to the door released and he exited the room. No one but herself was awaiting his return.
Of course Sage knew what they were doing, their reviewing the interrogation clips.
I know how to handle these mind games, Sage thought to herself smiling she leaned back. This time Alexander Handerson wasn't going to win.




© 2012 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
This is the third chapter, I do hope your enjoying this so far and please feel free to comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on October 23, 2012
Last Updated on October 23, 2012
Tags: Assassins, Assassins Mind Games, Spy, Spies, Cops, Agents, Thriller, Chris88, Book, Chapter


Author

Chris
Chris

About
I'm also on Writers Network, that is my main website where you can see my posts. I'm Chris88 on there too. Writing in the works - - Assassins Mind Games - - Amanda Wilson & Sector 11 - - The West.. more..

Writing