Staring Out the Window

Staring Out the Window

A Story by Chris M. Monks

Angelo was still three hours away from his destination. He couldn't wait to get the load from his semi trailer dropped off and begin the eleven hour drive back home.

Gino was in the passenger seat sleeping away. He had been for the past hour. Angelo enjoyed the company anyway. As Gino began to stir Angelo asked,

"Get a good nap?"

Gino opened his eyes, stretched, and turned to stare out the window. No response to Angelo.

"Still mad at me, huh?"

Nothing. Angelo drove on.

Long distances in the truck were never Gino's thing, but Angelo always wanted him to come along for the ride. Angelo would play the radio, mostly talk, for two thirds of the trip before inevitably growing tired of the anger that usually came from radio talk shows and putting on some music and crank up the volume.

This time, though, Angelo only listened to an hour of the talk before switching to classic rock. He turned the volume up without even noticing that Gino had fallen asleep. Gino jarred awake and had been upset with Angelo ever since.

Angelo decided it was best to ignore Gino. Give him some space and he'd be alright in due time. Besides, Angelo planned to stop soon for a bite to eat. He knew that Gino was much happier with a full stomach and he'd been hungry himself for a little bit now.

With another hour of drive time under his belt Angelo found a truck stop. He pulled in and came to a rest. He turned to Gino.

"Let's get some food, buddy."

Angelo grabbed Gino's leash, scooped up the chihuahua and attached it to his collar. Gino let out a little yap as Angelo placed him on the ground. He smiled.

"Speaking to me now, huh?"

© 2015 Chris M. Monks


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

love the twist. never saw it coming. nice little story.
good narrative, no hitch. really good.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Good story. The promise of food generally puts people (and dogs) in a better mood.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 31, 2015
Last Updated on May 31, 2015
Tags: truck driving, friendship

Author

Chris M. Monks
Chris M. Monks

New york, NY



About
Massive Testo What is the estimation of this supplement one needs to eat up in one day? One compartment of Massive Testo contains 60 cases and as appeared by the check, one needs to gobble up two pil.. more..

Writing