Chapter One Crogsfoot Village

Chapter One Crogsfoot Village

A Chapter by Christian Lebron

 

  Sleepless each and every night. Every dream filled with darkness, never light. Darkness seeks its way to our world with evil, before light vanishes it for eternity, but who will all depend on to light that darkness. My heart and soul is full of dread and at the same time confusion. Why is it that now my destiny is to do such tasks given before my eyes? Why can't my life be normal? Was this meant to be? These are the questions that haunt me everyday I wake.

 

  As soon as we hit shore, I began to imagine awful thoughts of what everything in the world was becoming and my parents suffering by the diobalical witch, Aroa. The village was full of fog and the cottages were made out of stone; the chimneys were crooked and the dark, wooden roof tops had holes, nearly collapsing.

 

   No one was in sight, so I was guessing they might be in the cottages. Lexius thought of getting some rest, but I couldn't help it; I had to gets some information of were Aroa might be hidden and maybe find out how to defeat darkness within the worlds. I walked down the steps of the ship to see if Crogar and Lexis were asleep; and yes I stop calling Crogar, philosopher, since it bothered him alittle bit. Anyways, I quickly turned the wheel that lowered the passage way.

 

  I made sure that I had my new oblivion sword that was given to me from Crogar, and I also made sure that the phoenix medallion was still hanging around my neck. I walk towards a cottage that had a sign that read, Crogsfoot Lounge. I turned the knob of the front door and entered the bar. 

 

  Warlocks, witches, wizards, and many creatures such as werewolves were in the bar drinking a blue and red swirled drink in a crystal clear mug. Some were laughing and some were staring at me like I've done something wrong. Then a guy my age who was a wizard slammed his fist on the round wooden table he was sitting at and aimed his wand at my chest. "Is there a problem?" I questioned him. "You are the one that filled the worlds with darkness and you freed Aroa in the depts of our land, so yes there is a problem".

 

 "Look I didn't want any of this to happen, all I want to know is if anyone of you know where she is", I told him and everyone at the bar who listened. The wizard pointed his wand toward the black tiled floor and he casted a spell to the ground. Vines burst under and wrapped me around. I couldn't escape. "No wonder you made all this happen, you're worthless", the wizard said and he turned around walking down the back door.

 

  "Kill him, we can save the world ourselves". After hearing that I burned through the vines and everyone came running casting spells and throw all they have, but I created a strong force that pushed everyone away from me. Then the wizard held his wand straight at me and shot out a blue spell that exploded every glass and cup in the bar. "We don't need you!", he shouted at me as he ran and tried shooting me, but I dodged every spell he casted.

 

  The wizard ran out of the bar into the fog; I lost him. I then heard a door close. There was an a old shed; I of course entered it. Then my head began to ache and I fell to the ground. I saw the castle where I left Chad and Emily. Emily runs down the stairs and tells Chad the surprise I've left her. "Chad, Nick and I are getting married". Chad got up from his seat and gave Emily a hug. "That's wonderful, when are you getting married. I don't know he just left me this letter and a diamond ring in a box". Everything in my head went blank.

 

  I then see Aroa in a kitchen quietly grabbing a sharp knife. She then turned into dark smoke that came close behind a women who was cooking. Aroa put her right hand on the womens mouth and stabbed her through the back; the women was dead. Aroa transformed herself exactly like the women. She heads out of the kitchen and serves Chad and Emily soup with garlic bread. "Don't forget the drinks madam", Chad told her. "Indeed sir, I will bring them out immediately", she answered back. Aroa went back into the kitchen and prepared up white wine for them. Aroa pulled out hear hand and a clear pocket size bottle full of poison with dark metal swirls appeared. She poured the poison Into the drinks.

  

  I wish I could be there to tell Chad and Emily not to sip the drinks. I finally woke up from the vision and the wizard guy casted a strong spell that flipped me through a couple of book shelves. He aimed his wand ready to attack, but I put one hand over other, shooting out an electric bolt that shattered the wand into prices. He went running throwing books at me. "Look, I don't want to hurt you", I told him. "AHHHHHH we don't need your help!".

 

  The wizard then picked up a sharp thick piece of wood from the floor boards and tried to stab me, but something bursted inside the shed. As the wizard turned his head around, a snake bit his right arm. Then another snake bit his left arm. He couldn't stop yelling and a third snake ate off his head.

 

  After they finished him off a dark green and yellow three headed snake was hissing and slithering infront of me I quicking tried running away from it. I also made the shelves fall on top of it."Youuuuuuuuu wiiiiiiiiilllll diiiiiiie", the three headed snake hissed. As it opened it's mouth going to pierce it's fangs in my body, I cut all three heads with my sword.

 

  I thought it was over the snake grew back it's heads. Crogar and Lexis come crashing in the shed. Lexius shot the middle snake, that was ready to strike me, with an arrow. A staff formed on the palm of his hands and froze the snakes, "RUUUUUNNNN!", he shouted. The snakes escaped from the ice and the three splitted apart after each and every one of us. We ran up the crackling stairs and Lexis shot a snake through the head; two left. We kept running up the tall shed and the Crogar raised up his staff and exploded one of the snakes; one more left.

  

  The snake was slithering quickly and opened his mouth ready to attack me. The snake jumped up, but as soon as it was about to kill me I cut it in half. Part the dead snake was laying on top of me, so I pushed it to the side and I got up from the ground and said,"Crogar I had a vision of Aroa pouring poison in Chad and Emily's drink, we need to save them". "Don't worry sometimes your visions can be the future", Crogar said. I suddenly passed out, having another vision.

 

   Aroa was still formed as the women serving the drinks and responded to them saying,"Enjoy your meal", and she left. Emily picked up her drink talking to Chad about her wedding plans. Chad had noticed that when Emily was holding the cup, the wine changed into a red color, similar to blood. Chad ran on top of the table and snatched the cup out of Emily's hand and threw it into the fire place.

 

  The fire turned green when the wine spilled in it. "What was that for Chad", Emily said confused. "It was poison", Chad replied back. The  clock tower next to the castle struck seven and a women laughed in the kitchen. Chad and Emily went inside the kitchen and Aroa changed back to herself clapping her hands together once making a sonic boom, which pushed Chad and Emily out of the kitchen. Aroa formed into black smoke and escaped out of the castle. the phantoms arrived, flying around the castle. the clock tower collasped and everyone from the island went running. some were captured and died. "Emily, we need to get out of here now!", Chad shouted.

 

  He grabbed her hand, trying to escape the castle. Everything was falling above them. I was then outside of the castle and the phantoms went through the castle making it fall to the ground. I couldn't see what happened to Chad and Emily. I was worried that they were under the castle. I was back at the shed breathing hard, looking at Lexius as he helped me up. "Are you alright Nick", he said. "What time is it?", I asked him. "7:00 P.M."



© 2011 Christian Lebron


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing! Although I'm usually not a big fan of fantasy, I thought that this chapter was paced really well, and that it had a nice balance between the traditional fantasy elements and a modern kind of twist. I liked the fact that you took such care in describing the little details of the scene, which made it a really captivating read. The only thing that I would maybe suggest is to break your chapter up into paragraphs, as I found it a little difficult to read sometimes; the lines just kind of ran into each other, and I find that having paragraphs helps a lot! :P Other than that, this was great! Nice work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 4, 2010
Last Updated on January 7, 2011
Tags: wizards, werewolves, witches, snakes, magic, fantasy, scary, action


Author

Christian Lebron
Christian Lebron

Jacksonville, FL



About
It is my ability to entertain others with extraordinary adventures that will make you want to flip through every page. Hopefully there will be someone in the world that would notice that many youngste.. more..

Writing