Chapter Eight The Stone of Light

Chapter Eight The Stone of Light

A Chapter by Christian Lebron

 

 

  "How did you find us Emily". "Don't know, I just got a hunch that something was going to happen, and I suddenly arrived here". Emily held my hand and continued speaking,"So, why is Barthalomae still alive; wasn't he dead?". "It's difficult to defeat my brother; he's just too strong", Adam budged in.

 

  "Do you think you can make it to the voyage?", asked Emily "Yeah it's just sprained. While you guys begin searching for each stone, I'll keep a watch on the plane". "Well then, let's start getting a move on, we have a long way ahead of us", I said in hurry. As we made back to the village, Maria, the tribes doctor, immediately took Adam to the hut for proper treatment on his leg. Lexius looked concerned and ran towards us. "What happened Nick?". "Barthalomae is back.

 

  Adam and I were attacked while gathering palm leaves". "That doesn't sound good Nick. That means he knows where you're at". "We need to hurry, time is running out", Emily exclaimed. I handed over the sack of palm leaves to Lexius, putting the final touches on the plane. The wings. The plane had four holes, which are the seats and it basically had an image of a bird because of the wings. Lexius began to explain how it works.

 

  Adam limped quickly to listen since voted himself to join in. "Nick you are the navigator. This wheel here controls the wings and since there are no engines you'll have to land on high surfaces. When taking off, you have to push the craft to a slope. When catching a great speed, gently push the wheel up to control the wings to glide in the air.

 

  Emily you will taking care of the materials in this backpack. There are extra clothes, food, towels, sleeping bags, a miniature log house, and a miniature boat. Now in order for the log house and boat to grow larger, just pour three drops of this liquid water from this vile onto the items. To shrink them, use this small bag of Grigaldalls dust. Now I'm giving these items too you, so be cautionient in using them. Now Adam, you will be incontrol of making the craft invisible. So now that you three know what to do, lets get this baby up the mountain". 

 

  We all followed Lexius, until he stopped and turned around. "Oh, I almost forgot about your safety goggles. You don't want bugs or debris get on your eyes", Lexius passed us out the man-made goggles to each of us. They were two wooden carved circles, that had circular glass inside, held together by rubber straps. Adam tried it on and Emily and I both laughed at his bug looking eyes; but we shouldn't be laughing because that's how our eyes are going to look like.

 

  The cheif and his pack help us supres the plane up the mountain. It probably took forty-five minutes to get up the top. We were finally aboard with our goggles on, nearly tilting from the edge of the mountain, ready to start the quest. "You three be careful. Your first, which by the way you and Emily will do, will deal with alot of swimming under water. Here are chewable beans that will help you two breathe underwater.

 

  When finding the other stones, well you're on your own, since I won't be in contact you. Ha what am I worried about, you all are grown and smart adults. Have a safe flight", Lexius said, patting his hand on the plane. Emily sat from behind me, setting her hand on my shoulder. "Ready?". "Yeah, ready", I answered.

 

  The three of us weren't so thrilled about rolling off a three-hundred and fifty foot mountain, so yeah, we were quite nervous. "Alright, on the count of three, push yourselves to plunge down the mountain. Nick don't forget to pull the wheel up okay", shouted Lexius. I put a thumbs to let him know that I understood him. "Nick I'm not really sure about this. It seems too dangerous", murmured Adam. "1". "Me neither. I feel pretty nauseous when flying off the ground", added Emily. "2". "You know what, I lied about being ready". "3".

 

  We then moved the plane slowly and sloped down the mountain. Adam, Emily, and I couldn't help but to scream loudly. "Nick pull up now!", yelled Adam. I was frightened as snow came onto my face like needles. Soon Emily and Adam both shouted at me to pull the wheel. I quickly snapped out of it and did so. A tree was ahead of us and the plane kept bouncing up and down. I used all my strength and at last, the craft was flying. "Adam, now!", I alerted him, to make the plane invisible.

 

  He placed his fingers on the on it and we couldn't see our skin or the plane anymore. Next stop, Atlantis. It was restless days, flying to the Bermuda Triangle. After two days, clouds began to roll in. "Nick, I think we made. Try landing on the hills", Adam hollered. I couldn't see anything because of the fog, but something off the situation came in mind. I remember one thing I didn't ask Lexius. "Ummm guys, how are we suppose to stop without the brakes".

 

  "No brakes. Why in the world would someone not put brakes?", panicked Emily. I lowered the plane and crashed on sand from a island. It was a good thing that nothing was seriously wrecked. The plane wasnt invisible anymore and we all got out of it, removing our goggles. "Great now how are we suppose to get of here", complained Adam. "Lets just shrink the plane and use the boat", said Emily.

 

  She took the bag of Grigaldalls dust and spinkled it on the craft, which shinked, looking like a toy. She then checked the backpack Lexius gave to her, and used the liquid water to make the boat grow to its actual size. "Stand Back!", she shouted as the boat grew, sailing into the waters. As the three of us board the ship, it began to rain. In the deep ocean I could see a bright green light.

 

  It had to be the lost city, so Emily and I decided to stop at the middle of the Bermuda, to dive in the ocean. "Adam, make sure no one sees the ship and drop the anchor, so that way we know where the ship is. Emily will let go of this bottle to signafy that we are ready to go up". "Okay, i'll be sure to", he replied back. Emily and I fitted into our swimsuits and she quickly reminded me to chew the bean Lexius had left us to breathe under water for a long period of time. "Be careful, Adam", murmured Emily.

 

  I held Emily's hand and began to dive under water. We swam under the freezing water. I was glad Lexius gave us these beans to breathe better because it was easy to swim and you didn't have to worry about drowning, though they might wear off. We both made hand gestures to talk to each other under the water. The light was just underneath us and behind the light was the city of Atlantis. I couldn't believe that the place actually existed. there was nothing in sight, other than fish. 

 

  The city was full of rust and lost a sense of color, which is why it's green. From my view, it pretty much looked like a gigantic castle. Adam finished lowering the anchor near the entrance of Atlantis. I pulled Emily, enterin the city. Mermaids and mermen were swiming all over the area. They were ugly looking, sort like a fish with sharp teeth and black eyes.

 

  The both of us moved quickly behind a pillar as we saw a merman with a triton in his hand, tentacles for legs, and a crown on his head. He must be the ruler. From tales that I've heard, this city was cursed and sunk into the depts of the ocean and no one could ever find the beautiful place no more. I pointed to this large door to Emily, thinking that the first stone was there.

 

  We snuck inside without anyone spotting us. There was only a golden throne and the Stone of Light in the middle of the cylinder glass. The stone shined a white light. I let go Emily and tried to lift the glass, but it shocked me. It was under a spell, so nothing could get its hands on it.

 

  I took out my wand and burst it open. I put the Stone in my pocket and grabbed Emily's hand and she looked at a prison cell. A girl with brunette hair was tied up. She was still breathing, but was in deep sleep. I then remembered what Adam spoke of his love one, Victoria. It had to be her.

 

  I pushed Emily behind me and casted a spell that opened the cell. I untied her and horried to the anchor. The king slammed the door and entered the room. He made a tremendous roar and shot a bolt from his triton at. It missed and I shot a pillar that fell on top of him. We escaped and electric eels chased us. Right infront of them was the king. His tentacles broke through everything in his way. Emily let the bottle go to signal Adam.

 

  Minutes later, the anchor rised, but it was moving too slow, held Victoria and swimmed as fast as I could with Emily beside me. I blocked the eels and king away from us. As Emily aboard the boat before me, one of the king's tentacles dodged at us. I let go of Victoris as she flosted above water and I used a spell to break the anchor apart. 

 

  The anchor fell hard over the king and eels, I then took the advantage of making it on the the ship, along with Victoria. I layed her on the floor board. Adam walked near me and was surprised to see Victoria still alive. "Victoria. I can't believe she is still alive. How did you both find her?", he wondered. "As we collected the stone, Emily saw her in a cell, and so we recued her", I responded in return. "You guys found the stone", he said. I nodded and revealed him the Stone of Light. Adam was amazed. "So, how can Victoria awake from this charm?", I asked.

 

  Emily searched in the backpack and found a bottle that read, "HEALING CURE, ONLY ONE DROP". Emily popped the cork open and poured one drop into Victoria's mouth. "Oh, I hope this works", she told herself. Victoria was no longer pale and choked out water, glancing at Adam with her green eyes. "Adam? Adam!", Victoria cries, as she hugged Adam tightly. She tured around and greeted us, "Hi my name is Victoria". "Nice to meet you, I'm Nick and this is Emily". Emily shook Victoria's hand smiling. Adam looked like he couldn't believe his eyes. "Wow, I'm so glad you're alive. I've searched everywhere to find you, but thanks to Nick and Emily, you are here before me". Adam's eyes became watery.

 

  "Victoria, there are rooms down stairs. You need rest. I will be down shortly", Adam said. She walked down the stairs and waved back at us. Adam changed the ship invisible and also casted a barrier around the ship, so we can see others when they can't see us. "So Emily, where are we headed?", Adam asked, sailing the boat. "Well, in the map it says nor shows anything. Even the first destination disappeared".

 

  I then take the map from her. She was right. Blank. "Let me see the map", insisted Adam. He was surprised as well, but he noticed small print ont the left bottom corner of the map. "Does anyone one have anything that can magnify this writing". "I think there's one in the bag. Let me check. Hmmm, nope. Oh, here, found something similar to one", murmured Emily, giving the glass to Adam. He gazed upon the the black inked writing and began to read.

 

  "Lead the way". After saying those words the ink spreaded apart to the center of the map. He continued to read the inscription. "The Stone of Dark in the hands of a beast, in the snow, far past from the East". Adam, Emily, and I were confused, but we knew that it wasn't that long of a distance from the islands. Besides if snow is present, then we are on the right path.



© 2010 Christian Lebron


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

230 Views
Added on December 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 29, 2010


Author

Christian Lebron
Christian Lebron

Jacksonville, FL



About
It is my ability to entertain others with extraordinary adventures that will make you want to flip through every page. Hopefully there will be someone in the world that would notice that many youngste.. more..

Writing