The Lion

The Lion

A Story by Christina May Shanaberg
"

Written for my two oldest daughters, Charisma Suzanne (Shanaberg) Sullivan and Robin Renee Shanaberg! A true story!!

"

THE LION

 

One day, I was driving down the road, with my two daughters, in the backseat.  They were giggling and the sounds of happy play filled my car.

 

Suddenly, an argument broke out.  Oh, no, not again!

 

My youngest daughter, Bobbi, cried out, "Mommy, Chari took my lion!"

 

I told Chari to give it back and she snapped, "No, it's my lion."

 

"It is not."

 

"It is to."

 

O'kay, that was it.  I reached my hand over the seat and demanded, "Give me the lion."

 

I felt a hand touch my hand, but no lion.

 

"I said, give me the lion!"

 

Chari chuckled and said, "I did."

 

That was it; I pulled the car to the edge of the road and looking at Chari, with anger, because of the defiant chuckling.  I shouted, "Give me the damn lion!"

 

Chari continued to chuckle and said, "I told you that I already did."

 

Now, I looked at Bobbi and questioned, "Alright, where is the lion?"

 

"Chari gave it to you," Robin said, with her innocent eyes sparkling.

 

I showed them my empty had and said, "Look no lion."

 

Robin smiled a bit and, sweetly, replied, "Mommy, it's an invisible lion.  Can we have it back, when we get home?"

© 2010 Christina May Shanaberg


Author's Note

Christina May Shanaberg
They just don't teach you about these things at "Mom School." LOL!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a nice, cute short story. You portrayed everything in a vividly simple way. A feet which is hard to do well. I think you might get a little comma-happy at times, but it doesn't halt me as a reader. Also, I stumbled a little over "happy play." I'm not positive, but it might need to be hyphenated. It's probably just a me thing, so don't give this comment too much thought. Overall, very cool. Great storytelling.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ah the imagination game, oh how fun children can be sometimes! Very cute and something to tell your grandchildren when the time comes around.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dear Christina,

A simply charming tail...and mane...and teeth...etc. Now an invisible lion, that's worth fighting over. I would never stoop to fighting over a visible toy lion...Oh, no! But an invisible lion...any day of the week, and you better not be thinking of taking mine.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The moral of this story is: Never try and out-smart a kid!!

Charming and amusing little anecdote. Kids are great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Being a mom is like being a lawyer in court in the middle of an arguement with no evidence!LOL! Thats halarious! Great diologues and title, thanks for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kids love to argue, it is amazing to hear the things they will argue about. I like your ending.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awwww arent kids cute. Sounds like something my little one would do lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol They had you on that one didn't they! Cute!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a cute little story. Does make you sound like you have a bit of a short fuse, but you probably omitted, because you have long since forgotten, the endless sequence of annoyances leading up to that moment.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed reading this story, very cute:) The way you spun this was beautiful, simple, easy to follow, but allowed a pictorial read. I do agree with Mike Espinosa, you are a little comma happy, which does interrupt the flow slightly. Otherwise, very nice read, love it:D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1020 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 11, 2010
Last Updated on May 11, 2010
Tags: Children, Imagination

Author

Christina May Shanaberg
Christina May Shanaberg

Mount Vernon, OH



About
I am a former member of North Shore Writers' Guild in Willoughby OH. I have had numerous poems published and letters. I am, currently, working on a screen play that I hope will interest my cousin-in.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry