Observable Universe

Observable Universe

A Story by Christoph Poe

With eyes unworthy of judging, I started towards a man I knew little about, if anything more than the fact his fingernails were painted black orange, and his straight hair fried of a curling iron. He seemed solemn enough for an approaching stranger. He laughed at a mother struggling to keep her ubiquitous child, a mere 3 feet tall, at grip and begging refutably for an expensive toy. He didn't seem to mind the screaming child, and instead optimistically took his business to another department.

I followed him into the men's clothing, where he surprisingly looked upon apparel I thought he'd never wear. The few men who ventured for clothes vanished elsewhere, and within moments, he was the only one standing there with a plaid button-up shirt in hand. He checked the size, then the price.

I froze in my tracks, my arms leaned carelessly across a hidden rack of socks, as I starred down into nothingness. Too close for me to observe, I left him standing there stretching his jaw. Leaving him alone might have been best.

Moving on to the real reason I ventured to the mall, I came across another fellow in the electronics isle. "What brings you here?" I asked.

With his arms crossed in question,

(To Be Cont'd)

© 2013 Christoph Poe


Author's Note

Christoph Poe
This is just being used to save this off of my phone. You're more than welcomed to let me know how you feel about what I have so far, but I won't be sending out read requests until its finished. Thanks for viewing!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
Added on May 8, 2013
Last Updated on May 8, 2013
Tags: Obervable, universe, time, stereo-type, judging, wip, mall, shopping, book, by, its, cover

Author

Christoph Poe
Christoph Poe

Tuscaloosa, AL



About
Laughing might be my weakness, but my humor is the only characteristic that drives my positivity in this damned world. I'm a bit blunt at times, but always respectful >>and to be blunt, I expect respe.. more..

Writing
Last Last

A Poem by Christoph Poe


Alibi Alibi

A Story by Christoph Poe