Contest Book Review

Contest Book Review

A Story by Gathering_Stars

 

Adventures from clandestine worlds collide with the simple innocuous life of Melody Singleton in Shawn Helbert’s up and coming novel “Melody & The Pier to Forever.” Helbert‘s work, which combines elements from extreme fantasy with characters real enough to touch, exudes heroism at it’s finest.

Melody, a shy seventh grade math genius, wrestles day to day with the social pressures that accompany her intellect; although she is astonishingly bright, her peers mentally abuse her on a daily basis. Her only friends are her mother and a paraplegic friend with a dark past. A lone teacher at her school recognizes her mathematical prowess for something more than just a knack for numbers. He begins her journey into the supernatural with a math puzzle involving only a distorted and periodless question mark.

This novel starts out fast and keeps the pace going. Helbert has created a world to rival Rowling’s “Harry Potter”, and audiences will be begging for a sequel.

© 2009 Gathering_Stars


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooh! I love d review....
I guess I'll hv to read it now that i am intrigued...:)
Thanks 4 d review:)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 11, 2009
Last Updated on March 11, 2009

Author

Gathering_Stars
Gathering_Stars

Shooting Star



About
I'm pretty sure that vampires, Harry Potter, and Albert Einstein live in a parallel universe. Actually I think that Albert Einstein somehow mis-haped himself into ours by some freak accident; althoug.. more..

Writing