'Still In the Cage' a short film by Canadian Filmmaker Jonathan Desbiens

'Still In the Cage' a short film by Canadian Filmmaker Jonathan Desbiens

A Story by starpower
"

Thai Actress Ingkarat Stars in The Short Film 'Still In the Cage'.

"



Still In The Cage is an eighteen -minute short, written and directed by Canadian filmmaker Jonathan Desbiens "Jodeb", is an extended music video, featuring an entire EP - The Free and Rebellious.

 

The film is set in Bangkok, the dark, existential narrative follows the story of three desperate women as they impulsively leave their homes, jobs and families in search of a better life. They journey down a river in a stolen boat, with no supplies. When finally finding the mythological and legendary settlement they’ve been searching for, but all is not as they had hoped.

 

The film premiered August 17, 2016 at the Theatre at Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, starring Thai actress Ingkarat.

 

"I could be myself with no makeup on and only dirty face and clothes. I really felt so connected with how raw everything was."

 

The film offers a thrilling narrative and avant-garde editing techniques, and the unique universe of jungle terror. The bigger narrative of the film Is a metaphor for one’s individual search for freedom.

 

"No matter where you are, you can’t escape yourself until you face yourself,” said Skrillex.

 

Wiwrek defined it as, "When searching for freedom, you have to start from the inside.”

 

Director, Jodeb, described the experience: "All the artists involved in the project weren't scared of challenging the viewers and their fans with all these paradoxical narrative voices, especially because we believe that under the skin of this piece of work, there is a positive message."

 

Ingkarat praises Still In the Cage as her favorite film project and considers the filing as a furthering process of her career. On acting, Ingkarat believes,

 

 "there's so much beauty in acting. I love how acting opened up my whole world both inside and outside of me. It's an art that I want to experience"

© 2017 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 16, 2017
Last Updated on August 16, 2017
Tags: Still In the cage, Ingkarat, Hollywood, Entertainment news, Jonathan Desbiens

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing