Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

A Story by Clare
"

How mashed potatoes came to be. This is my version and my own imagination. It's not real and I don't know how mashed potatoes came to be so I made one.

"
 In the town of Gracksotch , in England, there lived a family named Oswalth. The oswlath family is composed of six people, Mother, Father, Lucy, John , Luke and Anne.  Now the family was mostly and well known for their huge garden and the food they serve during parties or occasions. Mother never  repeats a dish twice, during and event she always has new ways and recipes and reinvent some old one.
One day the children, John, Luke and Anne decided to play hot Potato, a game taught  by there older sister Lucy. The mechanics  was to throw a potato and make the other pair catch it, if ever he or she fails  to catch it  that person must chase any other player  and tag that person so that  he or she won't be it.The kid's played and played until the sun went down. night fall came and the kids were to hungry to rest. So they ate there dinner but suddenly the door bell rang. A letter arrived from some neighbor they had across the street. it was an invitation to attend another party, a welcome party for the newly weds. There mother was so delighted she told the family. The kids jumped for  they loved parties, father  smiled at mother and he said " Mother, what  food will you cook this time?"
Now  silence replaced the laughter they gave. And all thought, " Yes, what  food should we bring?'  Quickly she said, " Tomorrow   I will start looking go a new recipe."
The next day the kids with their mother searched and searched for ways on what to cook but to no avail they used every recipe  there is. Now the kids  were bored in the process so they so they asked there mom  if  they could play instead, she agreed to this. This kids were playing hot potato  but they ended up  being bored. The Luke had a  silly idea, he said, " Hey why don't we take  hot potato seriously?" This was stupid but to them anything is worth it than being bored.So with the help of there older sister the asked help  to  boil a potato, when this was done  she gave the bowl with the potato to Luke. Then  he took the  potato and gave the bowl to  Anne, it was so hot he threw the potato  up in the air now Anne tried to catch the  potato with the bowl and succeeded. They noticed that the potato was so  squished, they showed it to there mom then  her mom had and idea. With this mashed potatoes were born. 

© 2013 Clare


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on January 29, 2013
Last Updated on January 29, 2013
Tags: mashed potatoes

Author

Clare
Clare

Davao City, Region XI, Philippines



About
I love to write stories ,I love history and criminology. Strangely I want to be a doctor on field like anthropologist or archiologist or MedTech. I do sports soccer/football,futsal,badminton,swimmin.. more..

Writing
Decisions Decisions

A Poem by Clare