A Vampire Love Story

A Vampire Love Story

A Story by Dead Angel
"

The aftermath of my revenge stories

"

    “It’s cold tonight,” I said.

    “Allow me to keep you warm.”

    “How can you when your own body temperature is 50 degrees?”

    Paul came around me and wrapped his arms over my shoulders. I turned and kissed him on his cold, pale cheek. He and I have been seeing each other for a few months now. When Adam was alive, we would flirt with each other every now and then. We even went out on date once, but Adam said that it was too weird, so we backed off. But when he died I felt like a piece of me had died as well; Adam and I were so close. I miss the talks we always had with each other. I’d tell him my problems and he’d tell me his. Then Paul went and turned into a vampire and killed the boys that caused Adam’s death. I thought that I would lose him as well, but then I saw him at the cemetery and he promised that he’d watch over me, I knew that I wouldn’t be alone anymore.

    The past few months have been tough on me though, my parents went into their own stages of grief. My mother was so depressed that she had a doctor prescribed her some anti-depressant pills, she hardly talks to anyone. My father is just determined to drown himself in work just so he doesn’t have to deal with the pain. They just completely forgot about me, so I moved in with my grandmother since it was obvious that they couldn’t look after me. I had so much sadness in me that I thought my parents could help me through it, but I guess not. I tried talking to my friends but they always gave me an uncomfortable look, and I hated hearing the pity in their voices when they tried to make me feel better.

    Thank God for Paul! I turned around and hugged him, resting my head on his chest and loving his embrace. The wind blew hard and I staggered a bit but he kept a strong hold on me. I guess that’s what you get for being on the very top of the water tower. I loved it when he did his high jumping with me, almost felt like I was flying and free.

    “I better take you home, it’s getting late.” He said.

    “Oh just a little longer, please.” I begged. I stepped back and gave him my cute sad face.

   “Ha, okay 5 more minutes.”

    I smiled and went back into his arms. We stood there for a minute without moving.

    “You know, if I were like you we could be like this forever.” I said.

    “Don’t start.” Paul replied aggravated, sick of having this conversation again.

    “Paul, if you turned me then we could actually be together! Don’t you want that?”

    “I do Bethany, but I don't want you to give up your life. You have ambitions and dreams. You can't give all that up.”

    “I can for you. I love you and I thought you loved me.”

    “I do love you. So much that I don't want to do something you might later regret. I don't want you to ruin your life, and Adam wouldn't want you to either.”

    “Don't bring him into this. Adam would've wanted me happy and I'm only happy when I'm with you.” Tears formed in my eyes when I started to remember what my life was like during the day. How I walked down the hallways of the school, laughing and smiling, pretending everything was ok, when it wasn't. No one understood what I was going through, no one wanted to understand. I'm surrounded by so many friends and its then that I feel so alone.

    I turned away from Paul crying. He went and put his hands on my shoulders.

    “C'mon, let me take you home.” He said. He wrapped an arm around my waist and I held onto his jacket, before I knew it we were off the water tower and landed on the roof of a store half a mile away.

    As we got to my grandma's house, Paul gave me a kiss goodnight and said he'd see me tomorrow. I just nodded my head and turned to climbed through my window and into my room. I closed and locked it and pulled in the drapes. I saw Paul's figure stand there for a minute or so, and with a blink of an eye he was gone. I quickly changed into my pajamas and went to sleep.

    The next day at school I was in the cafeteria eating lunch with my friends, trying to listen to their conversation. I found it hard to because I was still upset about the argument I had with Paul. I just don't get why he can't see that I'm miserable, that I have no one to talk to except him.

    “Bethany? Bethany, hello?” My friend Ann said.

    “Huh?” I replied.

    “I asked if you were going to Raul's party tonight.”

    “Oh um…no I'm not.”

    “Oh c'mon, it'll be fun. Plus you never go out with us anymore.” Ann said.

   “Yea I know, but I'm just not in the mood.” I replied. The bell ran and I quickly got up and headed to my locker.

    As I was getting my textbook I felt a pair of hands on my hips and someone blowing softly into my ear.

    “Hey sexy.” He whispered.

    I turned around to find my ex-boyfriend, Tony, behind me.

    “Ugh, what do you want?” I said.

    “What? No kiss?” He came leaning in closer and I pushed him away.

    “You wish!” I said.

    “Aw c'mon Bethany don't be like that.” He grabbed my hips and I pushed him harder.

    “Stop!”

    “I thought you liked it when I'm aggressive.”

    “No I don't, in fact, that's why I broke up with you.” I closed my locker and tried to walk away but he came and wrapped his arms around my waist.

    “Go to Raul's party with me.” He whispered in my ear.

    “I'm not going to the party, and even if I was, I wouldn't go with you. Besides, I'm seeing someone.” I said with a smile as I turned to look at him.

    “Who?” Tony's face went from flirty to serious.

    “All you need to know is that it's not you.” I took his hands off me and walked toward my class. Tony was the jealous type and I loved seeing him squirm. He always had one thing on his mind, and that one thing is something he will never get from me. He spent the rest of the day asking anyone who might know who I was seeing. All people knew was that he didn't go to our school and I don't talk about him much.

    That night I got ready to go with Paul again. It was 9 pm and my grandmother was already asleep. As I pulled on my jacket I heard tapping on my window. When I turned around I saw Paul outside. I quickly put on my shoes, went to the window, and climbed out.

    “Hey.” I said. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight. “I'm sorry about last night.”

    “It's okay, don't worry.” He had this look on his face that said he wanted to tell me something, but what?

   “Is everything okay?” I asked.

    “Um…yea, everything is fine. Before we get going I want to take you back to my place. I was going to give you something but I forgot it.”

    “Okay.” I said, wondering what my gift was.

    A few minutes later we arrived about 2 miles outside of town and in the woods. We were standing in front of a huge castle like home; every inch of the outside was covered in darkness, even though there was a full moon out. There were vines growing on all the windows and the bare trees surrounding it gave it that eerie look. It looked like something out of a classic horror movie. I was hesitant to go in, but Paul grabbed my hand and led me inside.

    The inside was beautiful and so elegant. There were velvet drapes on the windows and 18th century art was all over the house. There was even a huge stone fireplace in the middle of the room Paul led me in.

    I was in such awe of how beautiful the house was that I didn't even hear someone walk up to me.

    “Welcome.” I quickly turned around and found a gorgeous woman standing behind me. She had long, black hair and brown eyes that stared into your soul. She was wearing a long, black skirt and a purple corset. She had a bat necklace on her neck and her pale skin seemed to glow. “My name is Aurora. You must be Bethany, Paul speaks of you constantly.”

    “Oh, well he talks about you too.” I replied. She never took her eyes off me and it was a little intimidating.

    “I just came to get something Aurora. We'll be outta here in a minute.” Paul said.

    “Take you time.” They stared at each other for what seems like forever, and then Paul led me to the fireplace. Aurora stayed where she was at.

    Paul took a box off the fireplace and opened it. He then pulled out the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen. It was sterling silver and hanging in the middle was a heart with angel wings and a halo. The heart itself was a purple gem that shined every time the light hit it.

    “Oh Paul! Its beautiful.” I said.

    He walked around me and places it on my neck.

    “This is something to remind you of me when I'm not around, even if it's for a long time.” He said, with a hint of remorse in his voice. I turned and looked at him confused.

    “What do you mean by that?” I asked.

    “Tell her Paul. It's for the best.” Aurora said.

    Paul looked at her then at me with sadness, “Bethany, I can't see you anymore.”

    “What?” That hit me so hard I immediately formed tears in my eyes. My heart began aching. “Why?”

    “We can't make this work. I'm a vampire and you're human. How can you expect this to work?”

    “We can if you turned me.” I argued.

    “Turning you is out of the question.” Aurora said.

    “This doesn't concern you.” I replied stunned by how much courage there was in my voice. I practically told a vampire to shut up.

    “It started concerning me when you came into the picture. He was happy, everything was fine, and then you started pulling him back to the life he gave up, a life he can never go back to.”

    “Then let me be a part of his new life.”

    “Stupid girl! You can't expect him to turn you. He'd rather die than hurt you.”

    I turned to look at Paul. “If that's true, then why are you hurting me now?”

    “Bethany please. You deserve a better life than this.” He said.

    “I have no life without you.” I started sobbing and the tears came down like waterfalls. I removed the necklace and dropped it on the floor. I then walked to the door and left.

    I walked back into town crying, I was sad not only because my heart was broken, but because I was officially alone now. I had absolutely no one to confide in, no one to share secrets…no one to love. I was half way home when Ann pulled up in her Volkswagen convertible.

    “Hey Bethany. I was just coming to see if you'd change your mind about the party. Are you ok?” she asked as she saw my tear stained face.

    “I'm just having a bad night.”

    “Oh, well a party is a perfect way to make it better.”

     I smiled and got in her car. Maybe she's right, a good night out should cheer me up a bit. Raul's house was half a mile outside of town and is surrounded by trees. It was the perfect place for a party. Once we got there everyone was on the dance floor and there were people outside drinking beer. Ann led me to the kitchen and handed me one. I normally don't drink, but under the circumstances I made an exception.

    A few beers later I was on the porch in the back away from everyone still heart broken. Then Tony cam up to me, he stumbled by my side as drunk as I was.

    “ 'Ey babe. Thut you wern't comin'.” He slurred.

    “I chnged mu mind.” I said.

    “Oh, ha, kewl.” He then pushed his body against mine and before I knew it we were making out.

    He put his hands on my waist and it wasn't more than a minute that he started lifting up my shirt. I tried to pull away but he held on to me and reached under my bra.

    “No, stop!” I said, but he continued. “Tony don't…I SAID STOP!” I pushed him off me and he fell to the ground.

    I went around the house to find Ann so she can take me home, but Tony came and grabbed me from behind. He dragged me a few feet into the woods, threw me to the floor and got on top of me. I tried to fight him off but he was too strong and I was too drunk.

    “DON'T, PLEASE!” I begged. He held onto both my hands with one hand and used the other to rip off my clothes. I managed to free one and smacked him across the face. He screamed and fell off of me; I quickly got up and ran toward the house. “HELP!” I screamed, but the music must've been too loud because no one heard me.

    Tony came and grabbed me again; he clasped a hand over my mouth and dragged me further in to the woods. I bit him and he swung me around and slapped me across the face so hard that I tasted blood. I was back on the floor and he mounted me once more, only this time he was savagely beating me. He slapped me across the face until I was swollen and bleeding and even banged me against the floor. I managed to hit him once more and he fell again, but I was so hurt that he got to his feet faster and kicked me hard on the side. I was in so much pain, he lifted me up against a tree and held me there with his arm pushing down on my chest. He started unzipping my pants, I started fighting him off but he threw me to the floor, it was then that I hit my head on a rock.

    I got lightheaded and dizzy, then I felt something warm form in my hair. My body was bruised and broken all over, I was bleeding everywhere. Then I had a sense that I was floating; I knew that I was slowly dying.

    “Ah, that's better.” Tony said as soon as I stopped struggling. He finished unzipping my pants and I could smell his beer stained breath on me. “Get ready baby, I'm about to rock your world better than your f****t boyfriend could.”

    Just then I saw a blur come and throw Tony right off me, he landed 10 feet away. He had on a confused and scared look as he got up and looked around for the thing that pushed him. Then I saw Paul land right behind him, he swung him around to face him.

    “Oh my God!” Tony said as he realized just exactly what he was looking at.

    “God doesn't listen to perverts.” Paul grabbed Tony by his shirt and tossed him so hard that he completely was knocked out when he hit a tree. He then ran towards me looking concerned and scared.

    “Bethany, hang on ok.” He said.

    “Paul, I feel cold.” I could feel my body getting colder by the minute. Then I got a feeling that I was floating away.

    “Bethany! No, don't leave me!” Paul's voice sounded so far away.

    It started getting cloudy and I felt so light. I don't know where I was exactly but I knew that I was standing somewhere and everything was white. I looked around and noticed someone standing across from me. I squinted my eyes and saw that it was Adam. He was standing there smiling at me. I tried to walk toward him but my feet were stuck to the ground. I looked up and he was shaking his head.

    “Not yet Bethany, not yet.”

    Then I felt a pain in my neck and later something warm in my mouth.

    When I woke up I was on a big Victorian bed with satin sheets. The room was huge and it had its own fireplace. I began sitting up when a hand landed on my shoulder.

    “Easy, not too fast.” Paul was standing above me with a cup in his hands. He placed it down on the dresser next to me and sat in a chair.

    I scratched my head confused of what happened, and then I massaged my neck and felt two holes. It surprised me and I remember what Tony tried to do. I looked down at my body and saw that all my cuts and bruises were gone. I looked at Paul who was smiling at me.

    “Why did you…” I started.

    “Because I wasn't ready to let you go.” He said.

    I smiled. “How did Aurora take it?” I grabbed the cup and saw it had blood in it. I hesitated on drinking it, but when I did I was surprised at how good it tasted.

    “She was skeptical at first, but I told her that I loved you too much and she needs to understand that.”

    I got off the bed and went to sit on his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

    “I saw Adam.” I said as I pulled away.

    “Really?” Paul replied surprised.

    “Yea, he said that it wasn't my time yet.”

    “Oh well, he was right.”

    I smiled at him and rested my head on his shoulder. It took me awhile to get a hang on my new life. I did what Paul did when he first became a vampire; I wrote a letter to my grandmother. I thanked her for everything and told her how much I loved her. I also wrote that I'm happier where I'm at and to not worry about me. I also told her to tell my parents that I loved them and that I'll always be watching over them, which I will do.

    It was hard to let go of my old life, but I had better things to look forward to. I had a whole new life to start with, whole new adventures to have. I'm also spending eternity with the man I love, what can be better than that?

 

© 2008 Dead Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really enjoyed it. It's nice to see a love story every now and again. There were a few mistakes, but nothing that isn't easily fixed. Like, "Adam and were so close" and a few misspellings but other than that I couldn't find a flaw. Nice work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. :) I love this story. Forbidden love is one of my favourite things in the world. God, Tony's an a*s.

Great job.

~Veralily

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I like it, keep the good stuff coming.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Great job. i would love to see you make a book out of this and the other stories. this reminds me of Twilight, and that was one of the best books i've ever read! this really was a great story!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dms
Wonderful story. Lol, Tony reminds me of my own girlfriends ex; just needed some straightening out. The only thing I found consistently was that you sometimes loose place with past and present tense. Such as (He WALKED around me and PLACES it on my neck.) I found this quite a few times, and although I was able to read through it and still enjoy your wonderful story, I think it would be worth your time to go through and find these spots so you can put them in the appropriate tense. There were also a few mistakes in the action scene were things were a little muddled, but it was still easy to read through.
Overall a wonderful story. I enjoyed the sentiment for Adam towards the end, although I was unsure at the beginning as to exactly what their relationship was.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

nice job on this.... good character development and everything flowed together smoothly.... like to see more of this...

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I so loved this. Unfortunately, my girl Nic rejected it for the "Movie" contest, solely because we couldn't do it well enough to justify it. It's a favorite though. Great work :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I'm not a big vampire fan myself, but your story kept me interested all the way through. I think you did a great job, although I'm new to story telling myself! But, like I said, it kept me interested. I like your characters, enjoyed the drama, and loved the ending. Excellent piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love it. it was aboslutely amazing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The five drafts have paid off I think. I like the way everything fit together perfectly. I thought you had written yourself into a whole when she was walking back into town but I liked how she made it to the party. You showed everyones emotions well. Nobody seemed flat to me at all. Everyone had a reason for doing what they did it that was perfect. Even the drunk talk. Funny! Overall a good story. Good job miss!
and said he's see me tomorrow./he'd or he would but that's all.


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Well while I cannot say I am familiar with your Revenge series, and I have developed a distaste for vampires for a personal reason, I still like this story. The romance that develops between Paul and Bethany is powerful yet you keep it sweet. I like that, not easy I would imagine. Great job on this piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

677 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on August 12, 2008

Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..