Now As One

Now As One

A Poem by Dead Angel
"

A collaboration with Matthew Carter!! I'm in Purple and Matt is in Red

"

The light shines on my face from the beautiful sunrise outside.

I walk by and see her basking in its glow.

I see him looking at me from afar, why doesn't he approach me already?

I wish to go to her, but she is unaware I am so shy

Should I approach him? Oh but he looks so mysterious, but he crosses my mind so often.

I wish she would talk to me, but I freeze in the power of her eyes.

How I want his strong arms around my waist and feel his breathe on my skin.

I hope she knows I long to know her, and have her for all that she is

I can't stand it anymore, I begin to walk towards him.

My heart beat increases and my nerves are on edge, I see her nearing me, this is what I have wanted, I tell myself to relax.

My heart races as I grow near, he looks more handsome close up than from afar. I begin to think of what to say to him

She is close now and oh such beauty I adore! I gather up my courage and take a step toward her.

"Hello" I say, "My name is Bethany and you are?"

"Hi Bethany, what a beautiful name. My name is James."

Oh his voice is so soft, yet strong. "Will you walk with me James?" I offer my hand just so I can feel his touch.

"I will." I take her soft hand, so smooth in mine. We bind fingers and head off along the sand, in the morning sun.

We continue our walk and his touch fills my heart with joy. My heart is still bruised from the last time I gave it away, hopefully he will be the one to help mend it.

I can sense a hurt inside of her, I long to be of help. I hope she takes my approaching her heart the right way.

I suddenly stop to look at the gorgeous view in front of us. "So why didn't you come up to me before? I see you sometimes staring."

"I guess...no, I don't know why. You are so beautiful and I really become shy when I see you, but believe me, I wanted to...all these times I wanted to."

I blushed when he spoke his words, I looked into his beautiful eyes and placed my hands onto his chest and leaned in to feel his lips upon my own.

Our lips met and finally earths nature had kissed the stars and there we were in each others arms, now as one.

© 2008 Dead Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A good collaberation. An intresting way of doing things, and good view points from the 2 characters. Brilliant!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
two minds.. two hearts.. thinking of same love n nearness.. wanting .. more..
lovely poem
pal

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

haha quite the whirlwind romance! oh, if only it worked this way ! :) but i liked how you took those thoughts we sometimes have, especially when a stranger attracts us... nicely done

"I wish she would talk to me, but I freeze in the power of her eyes.

How I want his strong arms around my waist and feel his breathe on my skin"

that was my favorite duo :)
hugs



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this poem and a good collaberation well done to you both. So many things here. This could have been set in so many places. I like to think of it being set in the 1800's when society was to the fore. And the Daughter of the Earl had feelings for Gardener. But status and standing meant never the two shall meet. Until now. She sits on the wall in a secluded part of the garden away from prying eyes. He tends and she pretends. until fate calls them together. Like the way this poem leaves questions for the reader. Having met did their love survive the times. The hesitation in her voice as she prepares to give her heart again. The fragile heart which she has placed in his hands for safe keeping. That breaking of the ice when they both feel the same and understand they have felt the same for sometime. Through the ages I sense that not much has changed Women are still nervous and men are still hesitant when confronted by beauty i guess that is for fear of rejection or ridicule. I hope this poem will go some way to breaking the ice for both sides. Brilliant.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a really lovely poem, and a nice collaboration! :D

-Nicole

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well done both of you....another great team you make.
Keep it up.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is really great! and i like how it has them both kind of "meeting in the middle" so to speak. It needs to be that way more often, least in my view. Enjoyed

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nicely done...a good collaboration between you two.

i have review this for matt already, but i feel i should for you also, claudia.

good job!

Love, Mandy =)))

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with the Captain down there, this is really interesting work,
Well done...

All the best,
Tamer Qtaish

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not sure if you two know this; "Two minds are always better than one"

So, you two wrote it together so nicely and well done. It's all good here...


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mmm, this is a beautiful piece. You two did a fabulous job writing this poem, great job!!!

Heather

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

412 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 26, 2008

Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Buttercup Buttercup

A Poem by Gary H


     The Chat Room The Chat Room

A Story by Rain