Lost :(

Lost :(

A Poem by Dead Angel
"

I feel so lost...yet again!

"

So you're walking down a street

You take a left then a right

A dead end is what you meet

In the dark of the night

 

You look for a way out

For someone to help you

You begin to yell and shout

But there's nothing you can do

 

You begin to walk back

But you've hit another dead end

No more can you back track

You're left alone without a friend

 

You're finally getting somewhere

Everything is going fine

You're laughing without a care

Its all so divine

 

Then you've hit another wall

It came out of nowhere

When did it all begin to fall?

Nothing's left but despair

 

Maybe there is no way out

Maybe there is no happy ending

Its the same with every route

No use pretending

 

This is life

Nothing but twists and turns

Full of sorrow and strife

Now way to return

 

It's true and cruel

Learn to deal

You'll be left playing the fool

Happy Endings are not real!

© 2008 Dead Angel


Author's Note

Dead Angel
You'll soon come to see this as true!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well. that's depressing lol

but sadly it appears to be very true, based on what my experience of life has been thus far. but every now and then, the road opens for us, and we're allowed passage into the next phase. but yes the walls always seem to find their way back to being built

"Maybe there is no way out

Maybe there is no happy ending

Its the same with every route

No use pretending"

that was my favorite verse.

big hugs


Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a tad sad. we all get the same shot. we all get a life. It's waht we do with it that matters. Yeah life can be harsh and cruel but it also can be brilliant and funny and inspiring. I believe you cn be an influence and can imapct peoples lives through what you write and i believe that its that that will turn keys in doors for people. As you read peices by people you are left with a encouraging feeling that lifes not all that bad. and im sure people feel the same when they read your work.
Your a talented individual don't put yourself down
nice write here
Carl

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
It's true and cruel
Learn to deal
You'll be left playing the fool
Happy Endings are not real!

No it isn't true and real.

pal

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have been there more than once(smile) So I can guess your writing to be of a great many things.....
The heart, the eyes of a lost soul and maybe even a dance in the clouds.
I will have to come and read some more of your work since we both are fallen Angels.
Kelley Frost

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have to say, the imagery in this piece is decent, but from what I can tell, it was written to convey strong emotion to the reader. As an emotional piece and as the reader, I have to say, I'm confused. What I mean by that, is that the piece itself does what its supposed to do, convey an emotion, but the emotional response is not of anger, frustration, sorrow, sadness, or depression, but more of confusion. This is however offset near the end, near the second to last stanza, by a new feeling, but that read response is merely annoyance and/or disappointment to the world. There is no real pain conveyed through this piece, unless that is the way it was intended to be. The word usage is average, but I can understand that, as this is one of the most restrictive rhyme schemes commonly used. Good attempt.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me of
'When you're walking down the streets at night, turn around and die of fright, what's that in the shadows?'
In the Shadows - the Stranglers.
I guess when you say about the 'happy endings' at the conclusion of this piece, you mean the great joy shown on TV shows as everyone is saved from hell and the two main characters get to kiss and cuddle?
Well, I guess you have a point although each individual can help another to gain a smile and a laugh through the drudgery of existence.
Keep watching for that pathway that leads to somewhere new......

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a sad piece. Hope in life is something we have to find inside ourselves and so often it is something that just isn't there. So often I have been there and I kno that feeling well. Well written piece. Xx

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I like this poem, though I may not agree with it. I agree that there are many twists and turns in the road of life, but I do not agree with your view that happy endings are not true. All the same, as Voltaire said, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." A very good write, thank-you for the read request, I apologize for taking so long in getting to it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful written piece. Beautifully penned.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

and why cant they be real? In this world there is a place for every thing and every one though some people shouldn't exist they still do we all belong to who we are what we do reflects us in many ways how we feel reflects us in the most ways if u want a happy ending in what ever happiness u feel is right believe in it with out that form of belief a heart can't exist that is why we have so many s***s and a******s they all lost belief in them selves and in their own hearts.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Wow. This is a powerful poem. Great work!!!

Heather

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

614 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 31, 2008

Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain