He was empty

He was empty

A Story by Cleo
"

Please excuse spelling and grammar . I'm not good at both.

"

Had my eyes deceived me? Was it really him? Standing there on roof with a gun to his head. Was it the man I onced loved the man who held me in his arms months ago? A million thoughts raced through my head as if they were in the Olimpics. Was he up there because of me? Did I do this? A tear ran down my face. I looked over through the windows on his house. Beer glasses were spilled and knocked over. Then my head turned to his pool as it reflected the city and the sunset on it. I remember the day he bought this massoin, we swam in the pool together.

Then I noticed him moving closer to the edge. Was he going to shoot himself and expect he land in the pool? I thought fast. Maybe too fast.

“Jake no...Jake. Jake. It's me.Im here Jake. I'm here. “ I said moving into his vision.

“Kendall?” As he looked down at me I could see the red in his eyes. The hate, the sadness and emptiness he must feel. I wanted to hold him. I wanted to hold him in my arms and tell him I still loved him.

“Jake come down. Jake...please” But even the kindness in my voice didn't work.

“Why! Why Kendall? So I can go into my empty mansion, and drink more beer? Or so you can leave me here and go off to Chad?”

“Jake….Chad and I….are not. What i'm trying to say Jake is...I still love you. I always loved you.” He stood there with no facial expression. Just a blank face. Then fell forward into the pool. My heart dropped, then broke into a million peices. Tears fell from my eyes as I sobbed. Then I ran over to him and pulled him from the pool into my arms.

Then for the last time I looked into his eyes and saw the man I loved. This time he was truly empty.

© 2015 Cleo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on December 17, 2015
Last Updated on December 17, 2015

Author

Cleo
Cleo

METUCHEN, NJ



About
I am a young girl with large thoughts that I enjoy writing down. more..

Writing