Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Closedbox
"

s the giant angel forces enters the territory of Aegina the Draconus City. She declared to evacuate all the civilian near the south gate of the city. The scouts reported that the enemy forces...

"


         -Leviathan Illustration-





                  As the giant angel forces enters the territory of Aegina the Draconus City. She declared to evacuate all the civilian near the south gate of the city. The scouts reported that the enemy forces will enter the south gate by using brute force. The leader of the enemy is said to have a giant hammer on his back. It is said that it will be used to pry open the castle door on the south gate. The southern area of Draconus is composed of agricultural building and places such as barn and rice fields. There are some weaving house and bakery also. as Aegina issued an evacuation order lots of black bats ascend from the skies. Even though its daytime it spread across the sky just to deliver the master’s order. Then the evacuation started before the attack. While the evacuation is in process Aegina herself prepare for the upcoming battle. Even though she is the leader of the city she doesn’t depend on the city’s military force to protect it. she stands up on the chair and go on to change her clothes. She just enter a small cloth partition and started to remove her dress while being assisted by Lulubeth and Lilibeth. Suddenly the two started to question Aegina.

 

“Are they gonna help us Lady Aegina?

“Yes of course. They are both strong.

“Strong? But I didn’t sense anything on both of them.

“Me too. “Lilibeth seconded Lulubeth’s opinion”

“Thou cannot sense it? Maybe because they just hide it.

 

                While Quartina and Celeste is on the other side Aegina started to ask Celeste a question while the shadow of her figure was being seen by Celeste and Quartina. Aegina ask if they will be willing to fight for Draconus this time. She said that she will give them a reward if they successfully fend of those attacker that will invade the city. She also said back then that there is supposed to be a treaty of peace between Angel and Vampire and yet this incident has happened. Aegina also knew the fact that there is something that is hidden in this city that is being searched by the enemy forces. Because of that before she finishes changing clothes her two servants Lulubeth and Lilibeth has been given an order to search for an anomaly on the city. The two of them departed quickly and they are gone in a blink of an eye. Aegina now who finished changing clothes said something on Celeste.

 

“Celeste, you know we Vampires believe in fate and thee who save me back then. Its not a coincidence that thou are there… I think thou are fated to meet me and go on this city.

“I see… but you know what… I will not let myself be swayed by this thing you called fate. Since I will be the one that will forge my own fate.

“*chuckels* I see… I see… Thou really are a strange one.

“Everybody say that to me.

 

                Aegina wipes the tears in her eyes that were caused by laughing hard. Then she raises her hands trying to shake hands with Celeste and look at his eyes with resolve.

“Then if you may. Can you help us Mr. Strange One.

 

                As Celeste take Aegina’s hands and kneel down. As she kisses Aegina’s hands he said those words.

 

“Of course…

“By doing that thou just recognized me as a Princess and not a Barbaric woman right?!!

“Well I guess I am.

“Thou are too kind in helping us.

“Heh! I’m just aiming for the reward that’s all.

 

                 Then Celeste and Quartina started to head out. When they are outside they directly head on the southern part of the city but as they walk on in the middle of houses. A fierce roar was heard and the windows started to shatter one by one. Then as the shattered piece of glass fall on the ground, before the glass break there is a reflection of a thousand arrows pointed at the location where Celeste and Quartina . They hurriedly hide from the building but the arrow is too many for them to traverse the open field unprotected. So in the end they are stuck behind the house that they made as a shield. Then Quartina volunteered to destroy the artillery that is pinning them down. Celeste agreed on the plan and now they went on a separate ways. Before Quartina got farther Celeste shouted something.

 

“Do not die.

 

                With that Quartina smiles and continue to run towards where the enemy’s artillery is positioned. Then another roar echoed on the city but this time a large explosion occurred after the roar. It seems that there is a battle going on and Celeste hurriedly checks it. They split up and Celeste go to the Center of the town where the explosion he heard was located. At that time he saw dead bodies scattered and lying on the ground. bathing with their own blood that drips and flow on the sandy road of Draconus. The buildings got destroyed. the little stall for merchant become smashed into tiny little pieces. Then the signage of the farm has been trampled with the enemies’ dirty boots. Then Celeste saw a boy that was being kicked on the ground by some enemy soldiers.

 

“Attacking a defenseless child you cowards!

 

Celeste dashes forward trying all his best to save the little child that has been mobbed by four soldiers. The child was full of bruised being kicked with boots that has metal attached to its front. Then as Celeste reached the child he grave one of the soldiers on the head and slit open its neck. Blood gushes out on the ground and the child itself. The other three soldiers were alarmed by they were too late. Celeste dropped the soldier’s dead body as it smack on the ground splashing on its own blood. Some of the blood spurt on the one of the enemy’s face and when they looked on the one that killed their comrade they wear encumbered with fear. Those red deep eyes that it looks like it will swallow them alive stunned the other soldiers. Their bodies cannot move. Their legs started shaking and when Celeste raises his hands and make a snapping sound by using his fingers. The three of them started to hold their hearts then blood suddenly gush out from their nose ears and their eyes. After that they fall down lying in the cold road that they trampled upon. Celeste helped the boy to stand up but the boy is pretty scared. He didn’t even listen on what is Celeste is saying. The child just looks up on the skies with its blank eyes. The only thing that Celeste can do is to bring the child on a safe place. After that when he is about to go deeper on the center of the City he was welcomed by an unknown enemy. Standing behind the smoke that was caused by the explosion there and looking at Celeste. Staring at him and waiting for him to make a move. Then when the wind blows and makes the smoke dissipates the man behind started to reveal himself.

 

“So! You are the one who initiated the explosion right!?

“………………………………………..

“Not a talkative type ehh….

 

                When the sun was covered by the clouds the two started to slash each other with all their might. The sound of the sword clashing each other echoed within the town. Sparks burst out when both of their swords started hit each other. Then enemy was a good swordsman for blocking and attacking Celeste with ease. Then Celeste put all his strength on single attack. He slashes forward but the enemy in red clock quickly dodges it and rushed on Celeste’s back and will make a counter attack but Celeste saw it coming. Celeste stomped on of his feet on the ground and makes it tremble. The enemy ignores it and still continues its plan to counter but suddenly swords burst out from the ground and will hit the enemy if he will not dodge it. Then the enemy dodges the swords by back flipping. After that the sun started to shine again. Then Celeste who suddenly drops his sword started to create another thing. He started to cast the spell for crafting then a unexpected item appear in his left arm.

 

“Bloodcrafting - Parasol

 

                The enemy expected that he will summon another weapon but when he saw that it was a parasol the enemy drops his jaw. In the meantime Celeste who created a Parasol with his blood struck it on the land. After that he started to create another item. The enemy in red cloak started its defensive position but when he saw the supposed to be weapon its jaw started to drop again. The next item that Celeste created was a bench. He put it beside the parasol and then he just seat on it and started to relax Now the confused enemy become dazed on what Celeste just did.

 

“What’s with the reaction? I hated sun and Its too boring to fight a woman like you.

 

                The enemy becomes provoked. Also the enemy thinks that this is the opportunity since Celeste just dropped his guard down. Then in a blink of an eye the enemy has disappeared and it just pop out on Celeste’s back and hurriedly charged up his sword with magic and attack Celeste. A sound of deflection echoed. The attack failed Celeste who is now surrounded by a red mist and deflected the attack without moving a single finger. The enemy’s sword flies as it was deflected and his face was shocked on what has happened. Celeste on the other hand still has the calm look on his face.

 

“What the?..

“That’s why I told you I don’t want to fight a lady.

“A shield?!! What the hell was that…

“It’s Aegis…

“Aegis?!!

“It’s a weapon that can give you absolute defense. So there is no way that you can harm me. so let just sit here and talk for a while okay?

 

                The enemy in red cloak raised his hands.

 

“I give up. You’re a weird guy you know that!

“I always hear that.

“So how did you know that I was a female?

“Ah well… you can say that your chest Is way way bigger than a normal male.

 

                As the enemy face started to turned red and then covers her chest with both of her hands. Then look at Celeste with a teary puppy eyes.

 

“Hey… What’s with the look?!!

“You… You… just grabbed my breast… you must take responsibility.

“Huh?!! You know that it was unintentional… or it was intentional.

“What the hell!

“Come on! Don’t mind it just sit in here first I have question to ask if you don’t mind.

“You will try to grab my breast again do you? “With a scared look”

“NO I WILL NOT OKAY!!

 

               Celeste created another bench. The enemy in red cloak sits and started to introduce herself. She called herself Levi. She was a mercenary that was hired by the angel called Giovanni. She tells me that they were looking for something in here and in her point of view the item was a coffin. She describes it to me and I was shocked. She said that the coffin was marked with a bird sitting on the lower tip of the crescent moon. Celeste started to remember something. The mark that Levi has just told him was the mark that he also finds on the laboratory that they investigated a while back. It was also on the inverted cross where the girl on his dreams was chained. Then suddenly he saw Aegina dashing to the skies jumping one building to another.

 

“Yow Aegina!

 

                Aegina stopped and looks at Celeste. She also saw the enemy that is now sitting beside Celeste relaxing. On Aegina they didn’t looked like fighting but they are more like having a nice and peaceful nap under the shade of the parasol.

 

“Thee!! Thou are not fighting but taking a nap in here? And that is the enemy beside thee!!

“Wait! Wait! Wait! Calm down okay.

 

                Aegina landed and started to bash Celeste with complains. Celeste on the other hand explained what really happened. Because of that Aegina feels more calmed now. Then the once thought enemy introduced herself on Aegina.

 

“Now I know. Thou are being accompanied by a good looking lady that is why you started to relax.

“I am questioning her.

“Questioning? Are thou tricking me with foolishness? Thou are sitting here on the shade questioning her?

“Calmed down okay… I got this information that you will find helpful.

“Okay then. Shall I hear it?

“Well it looks like they were looking for a coffin with a Bird and Crescent Moon mark on it.

 

                Aegina’s face started to look pale as I say those words. Suddenly her time stop when she hears it. Cold sweat started to glide down on his reddish soft cheeks. Then Celeste called her name many times but she responded on the last call. Then she just came back from her sense and without a notice she just jumped high and rushes going to some place. She looks like being chased down by a thousand bulls. She didn’t even look behind she just rush forward looking pale. Chasing something that was unknown.

 

“So what are you going to do now? You just betrayed the ones that hired you.

“I don’t know.

“What comes in your mind? That you just betrayed them. I really didn’t put an effort in persuading you to betray them.

“I just wanted my life rather than the cheap pay they will give.

 

                As both of them sit on the bench under the shade of the parasol Celeste and Levi’s talk started to go further.

 

“Since I’m also a mercenary back then do you mind telling me how much they will pay you this time?

“Well if we completed this mission they will gave us one chest of pure gold.

“Oh.. that’s around fifty million right?

“Yes.

“Well that is really cheap *chuckles*

“You see?!!

“Well back in the days they will pay me five chest of pure gold that is around two hundred fifty million.

“Really?

“The thing is even if the mission fails I can still keep the money.

“You must be a big shot back then?!

 

                Celeste just looked up on the sky reminiscing the memories when he was still a mercenary a grim and horrible past just flash on his mind at that time.

 

“Big shot huh?.. well I guess so or maybe not.

“Are you not gonna follow the girl back then?

“You mean Aegina? Nah…

“Why?

“There are two powerful enemies in here. First is the leader that is heading to where Aegina will go and there is the second one that I will stall in here.

“I’m amazed that you know that.

“You’re leader’s strategy is too common and I also know that you are only a decoy in here. They didn’t give a damn if you die in here. The moment they put you in this location tells that.

 

Levi just laughs and looks at Celeste.  

 

“You really are a strange guy…

                Celeste stands up.

 

“So if its alright can I make a contract with you now?

“Huh?!

“I’m making a deal with you as a mercenary of course I will pay you twice than the enemy offered you. So deal or no deal?

 

                Levi started to put her arms on her chin and think carefully. She knows betraying his former contractor would not be a good idea since she will not get their pay and she might get killed since she betrays them.

 

“Okay! Okay… it’s a deal.

“Well… My fist order as your new contractor head to the west gate and wait for a group of soldier there. I think they will be carrying something.

“But? West gate there is nothing there.

“Yes of course since they are secluding that place.

“Okay will go there now.

 

                With that Levi just started to prepare to leave. She removes her red cloak and revealed her true appearance. She was covered with silver chain mail. Her crimson hair waves as the wind blew upon them. Her golden eyes and pupils that looks like a fang she face Celeste then spread her giant wings and flies and headed to the west gates. Celeste was shocked since he didn’t know that Levi is a half dragon.

 

“She was a dragon, she can easily pierce my Aegis then why?

 

                Meanwhile while Levi is gliding on the skies. She suddenly mumbles some words.

 

“I’ve never expected to see him again. The one that saves my life back then… it seems fate is doing is job.

 

*Meanwhile*

 

                Quartina who take the east route earlier reached her destination.

“Mr. Soldier! Did you see the enemy artillery in here?

“What?

“This is supposed to be the place where the enemies artillery is placed right.

“What are you talking about?

“This is the East gate right?

“East gate?. Uhm little girl as you can see this is the West Gate..

 

                A cold wind blows and Quartina has been seen completely pale and frozen.

 

“Ehhhhhhhh….

 

*At the center of the City*

 

                Aegina who rushes down in the northern part of the city she was worried for something that she keeps secret from everyone. While jumping from buildings to buildings he saw a large silhouette from afar. The soldier was carrying a large hammer on his back. Then that man was headed on a building that is looks like a mausoleum. Aegina’s face started to turn sour and raises her speed. He reached the back of the enemy and started to backstab it but the man noticed it and counters it by waving his giant spiky silver hammer. Then on the ground she noticed Lilibeth and Lulubeth laying on the ground without any presence of life in them. Aegina becomes pissed on the things that she saw but the problem is the place where they are standing right now.

 

“ Giovanne…

“*chuckles* Aegina… we meet again vile creature.

“What are thy doing on in here?!

“Work of course… The king of the Heaven’s Council wants something on this place.

“Thy cannot find something there since that is a grave.

“Grave you said?? Then this is the right place… since we are searching for a coffin.

 

                Aegina stared Giovanne with a murderous stare.

 

“Thy insolent fool. Thy wish to disturb my sleeping sister Elizabeth!!

“*chuckles* maybe!!

“Fools!!

 

                Aegina started the attack by conjuring four chain simultaneously and attacking Giovanne in different directions. Then as a counter attack Giovanne slammed his hammer on the ground making an explosion and covering the whole area with sand smoke. The chains was deflected and Aegina pull them one by one. Then while behind the smoke Giovanne started the attack by pointing his hammer on Aegina and pushing it through. Then Aegina shield herself by making the Chains stop the hammer. Six chains bind the hammer and stop it but because of Giovanne’s strength when he pulls the hammer the six chains began to snap one by one.

 

“You’re chain are too fragile.

“Don’t be so conceited. I only use only a modicum of my power in that attack

“Really then how about blocking this one.

 

                Giovanne  put his hammer on his shoulder and started to charge it. While Aegina started to defend himself. After charging Giovanne unleash the hammer and smash it to the ground leaving a large explosion and bursting debris. On the other hand Quartina reached her destination this time. Now this time she shouts loud on tall building. She thinks that this is the headquarters on the South Gate.

 

“Excuse me! Im Quartina and I’m here behalf of Lady Aegina. All the soldiers in here can you tell me where is the artillery of the enemy.

“………………….

 

                Silence sweeps the ground. Then after that an old looking man showed up and he carries something with him.

 

“Uhmm.. Little girl do you want a loaf of bread?

“Huh? Wait what is this place?

“Ehhhh,,,,, This is the Bakery.

“WHAAATTTTTTTTTT???!!!!!!!!!!!



© 2013 Closedbox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013
Tags: Action, Romance, Humor, Fiction, Adventure


Author

Closedbox
Closedbox

Valenzuela, Metro Manila, Philippines



About
I'm just a psychopat who loves to write interesting stories... more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Closedbox


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Closedbox


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Closedbox