Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Closedbox
"

At the northern part of the city. Where Aegina and Giovanne faces each other’s wrath. The earth trembles as Giovanne sway and smash his hammer with all his strength...

"

      



         At the northern part of the city. Where Aegina and Giovanne faces each other’s wrath.  The earth trembles as Giovanne sway and smash his hammer with all his strength. While on the other hand Aegina who keeps evading and blocking all of Giovanne’s attack with the help of her sturdy chains. Then when Aegina sees an opening on one of Giovanne’s attack. When he smashes the ground and then lifts it the delay was too long so Aegina decided to attack there. Aegina hurriedly rushed towards Giovanne while her chains glide into the air by her side. Giovanne notices it and drop his hammer on the ground. The hammer falls and it creates a smoke on it. The heaviness of it makes a crack on the ground. Then after he drops the hammer Giovanne smiles in from of Aegina and ready his fist to punch Aegina. Aegina was shocked and in a blink of an eye she recalls all of her chains and winds it up on herself. While Giovanne’s fist is nearly reaching Aegina at that time the chains started to wrap around her body. Then Giovanne landed a blow straight on Aegina’s stomach and send her miles away. Aegina who’s been thrown away and pierced two walls and then she smashed on a building leaving her unconscious and stuck on it. Then while Aegina is still unconscious Giovanne lifts his hammer. Then he who is little by little is approaching Aegina’s unconscious body carrying his hammer and ready to pummel her down. On the other hand Aegina who regains little of her consciousness sees that Giovanne was walking towards her. while her vision is still blurry suddenly her vision was covered with black. She started to close and open her eyes but the black vision didn’t disappear. Then on the last try and she open her eyes fully. The blurry vision was gone and she was surprised on what he saw. The cape that dances while being blown by the wind, she saw the back of the man that once saved her. It was Celeste who is in front of her standing there and protecting her again for the second time. Aegina falls on the ground with her face slammed on the dirt. Then she tried to sit down with all her might. Then while she was sitting the only thing she can do is to laugh. She laughs with all her strength then stare on Celeste’s back.

 

“Saving you in the middle of battle… it will cost you more you know that…

“It’s okay! I will pay you quadruple…

“If you don’t want to “Double” it up you can just let me fondle your breast.

 

                Aegina who doesn’t really have energy to make a reaction for what Celeste said. She is too tired to make an argument and just accepted it wholeheartedly.

 

“Okay! If that is what you want…

“Haha *Laughs* It’s only a joke…

 

                At that time Celeste charges straight towards Giovanne and attack him with a single whip from a sword. Giovanne who blocked the attack became surprised. It looks like the sword is heavier than the hammer that he was carrying at that time. The sword impact was too strong that it makes Giovanne slide backwards while standing with his two feet. He was also surprised when he saw that the sword that hit him was shattered into pieces. it means that the sword is not heavy at all. Since the sword was broken it was a fragile once and it means it has no weight. The sword was like a glass a fragile and weightless thing. While in fear he still spouts boastful words after that.

 

“Is that it?

 

                Celeste on the meantime just looks at the hilt that what is left on the sword that he just crafted. Then while ignoring Giovanne he just spouted some words.

“So a level zero sword cannot be used, maybe I will try a level one next.

 

                Giovanne heard what Celeste said and started to get pissed off. Then Giovanne asked the name of the man that stands in front of him and mocking him. The man answered that he was only a mercenary that was passing by and he got a contract from the leader of this city. The way that Celeste answered Giovanne was in form of mockery so Giovanne become startled once again.

 

“Hey! kid are you mocking me?

“Huh?

 

                Celeste who really don’t know anything and Giovanne who thinks that Celeste was mocking him, then Giovanne who is really pissed off started to wave his hammer and charged Celeste. At that time Celeste stomps on the ground and several blades appear beside him then he picks one of it.  Giovanne raises his hammer and ready to thrash Celeste who doesn’t move in his position. It looks like that Celeste is planning to deflect the hammer with a small and thin sword that he just picked up. Giovanne smiles when he saw the weapon that Celeste will use and started to put all his strength on that hammer he was holding. Then a metal clashing sound was echoed. The air suddenly burst out from the center. The two of them stated at each other’s eyes as the flying pieces of Celeste’s sword flies in to the air. Then the hammer that Giovanne was holding was seen flying. It was thrown and then landed on a nearby ground. while on the other hand Celeste’s weapon of choice becomes shattered again.

 

“Tsk! A level one still cannot handle the strength.

 

                Giovanne is still on the state of shock. The idea of a fragile weapon deflecting and throwing away his hammer still cannot pierce his mind. He still cannot accept that a thin and weightless sword can counter his heavy and sturdy hammer.  Then he just notices the change in the flow of aura that surrounds them. He looked at his surrounding and sees that Celeste is charging up and causing the malevolent aura that he perceives. Then Celeste raises his left hand and Giovanne see it. Then he points it out and shouted.

 

“Relic! That is a relic right!

 

                Celeste ignores him. Then the malevolent aura becomes thicker and thicker each second. Then Celeste suddenly punches the ground. Then he suddenly grabs a giant chant and pulled it out. A series of coffin tied up came out. They were chain on their side one by one on to the other coffin. There are four coffins came out and Celeste is picking on of them in a strange way. While picking which one to choose in the meantime Giovanne who still confused on the current situation suddenly charges forward. Since he is in panic right now he didn’t know what to do and charges without thinking. Celeste notices it and picks the coffin on the second to the left. He the coffin to make it stand then he kicks it again at the top to make the coffin lid open. Then he just pulled out a hilt inside that coffin. Then he pulled it all out the sword doesn’t have a shape at all. It was still a red glowing thing when he pulled it out. Then Giovanne is ready to smash Celeste but he used the unknown sword and blocked the attack. The attack knock out the red fragments on the sword and its true form was revealed. It was a one sided blade gun blade sword. Then Celeste just wave it and it easily push back Giovanne’s hammer. While Giovanne was throw far he rushed and charged again. Then Celeste stands firm and the sword suddenly changed its form and it turns into something like a cannon. Giovanne who is still charging forward and on the other hand Celeste is counting from five up to one. While Giovanne is shouting and pushing forward Celeste said the word one and a large bright red blast came out from the gunblade that Celeste holds.

 

“Lohengrin Fire!

 

 It shoots a large blast that can even reach up to the sky. When the blast ended it leaves a trail of destruction. The walls that it pierced become nothing. The houses that it reached become nothing but dirt and dust and Giovanne that was in the middle of the blast. From his left chest to his left arm vanished. Half of his face was burned and his left foot was missing. The only thing that keeps him from standing was the broken hammer that he was holding. While coughing with blood Giovanne speaks.

 

“Ahh… I remember you now… you are the famous murderer… the one who kill six hundred sixty-six being in a blink of an eye…

“…

 

                Celeste who just stares him it looks like that Giovanne was speaking the truth and Celeste just cannot accept it.

 

                While in the brink of death a man in a white coat suddenly comes in from of Giovanne. Then when Celeste saw that man his eyes suddenly become the eyes of a man that will do anything to kill the man in front of him, the eyes of a predator that meets his prey.

 

“We meet again… Lazarus…

“You!! *Chuckles* You’re still alive! After all these years I thought I made you eat dirt the last time we’ve met.

 

                Then the man named Lazarus looks at Celeste’s left hand and he just smiled. Celeste’s left hand that is still have cracks on the crystal at the center of it.

 

“I see… You’re left hand is still damaged. I’m sorry for breaking it and killing your partner… what is her name again… L.. L.. Li… Ah!! Lica…

“You!! Son of a …

 

                Celeste raised the gun sword Lohengrin but he was interrupted by Lazarus himself.

 

“I’m sorry but I’m not here to fight with you… so Adios…

 

                With a strong wind that curtained Giovanne and Lazarus while making Celeste and the others cover their eyes because the wind was too strong. The dust was carried away by the wind and making itself on Celeste’s face then with that Giovanne and Lazarus suddenly vanish. The only thing that Celeste can do now is to bite his anger. Then at that time Celeste helped Aegina stand up. While holding Aegina’s hands he stare her and…

 

“It seems that you are hiding something Lady Aegina. *Sarcastic*

 

 

                Back at the Aegina’s Palace, The helper and some soldiers helped Aegina and the twins who receives some minor to fatal damage on the battle that happened. When Aegina wound has been treated she hurriedly goes on the meeting chamber and there she meets Celeste, Quartina and a unfamiliar lady. She asks Celeste who’s that lady sitting beside him. Celeste replied, “She was a mercenary hired by the enemy forces but since I have a good sales talk I just happened to recruit her”. Aegina was surprised but still she didn’t want outside on that meeting area. She is still suspicious of her. Aegina thinks that the lady might betray them and leak the things that they will be discussing inside the room. Then Celeste defended the lady and convinced Aegina that she will be loyal to him and to Aegina.

Celeste then introduces the lady to them. She was called as Levi she is a half dragon. A Black Dragon to be precise. There are many species of dragons and the Black Dragons are the most powerful and yet they are rare. So Aegina and the others on the room were quite shocked because the lady was a Black Dragon and she is also a half means that her parents are Dragon and a simple Human. Aegina called the attention of everyone and discussed what is really happening on their city. Aegina explained why is the Heaven Council is targeting the city itself. They are looking for something and Aegina answered that question.

 

“They are looking for my sister.

 

                Aegina explains that her sister was supposed to be dead but they hide the truth from the people on the city. Since her sister who was named Elizabeth has o unique abilities. Because of those abilities the Heaven Council got afraid and plans to assassinate her. So they tricked them and pronounce Elizabeth dead.

 

“Elizabeth is just sleeping… she had deep wounds that time when she was attack but because she was a vampire she survived. After that she started to sleep to recover until now but she still guides me by watching me through the eyes of Lulubeth and Lilibeth.

 

                Celeste and Quartina become confused.

 

“What the?

“These are two are not twins… They are the two aspect of my sister…

“You mean they are?! *Celeste who doesn’t know what to say*

“*Aegina blabber some complicated things*

“Let’s cut out to the chase… I don’t care what happened to your sister. I just wanna know why she is being targeted again?!

 

                Aegina is still hesitant to answer Celeste’s question but she muster all of her strength to answer it.

 

“I think because my sister is one of the two key that will open Eden.

“Eden?!!

“Yes…

 

                With that silence has open its curtain on the room and filled it.

 

“Me myself don’t know what is Eden all about but my sister told me that it’s the place were God rests.

“God? You mean this one?

 

                Celeste raises his left hand and pointed it out his left hand that looks like a hand of a monster than a hand of God itself.

 

“So what will they get there on Eden?

“I don’t know myself what is Eden. I only heard stories from it that is been passed down.

 

               At that time Levi who is really silent and just keep on listening to the conversations voice out something interesting.

 

“Lady Aegina… do you know why there is a symbol of a Bird and the Moon on your sister’s coffin?

“That is the symbol of the allegiance between us Vampire and the other Fallen Angel Race the Sirens.

“So you are saying that the other being who hold the key is a siren?

“Maybe… I’m very sorry but I really don’t know myself.

 

                Celeste remembers the girl on his dreams. The girl that is tied up on a reverse crucifix that is on the middle of the stage of the church. Now that he heard about sirens he remembered that the girl is somehow alike with the siren race. Yet one thing is not clear since the girl has a horn. Sirens are the corrupted version of a pure angel. Unlike the vampire that still has controls even though they are cuddled with their hunger for blood. The Sirens are being that is rumored to murder a lot of men on the day they were born. They attract male beings with their beautiful appearance. They will sway the target’s emotions and metal state by their beautiful voice and when the target is charmed they will feast on it until it’s nothing but bones. Aegina began to tell the whole story to the group and after that they didn’t notice that darkness already covered the whole city of Draconus. It was late at night when they finished the meeting and everyone headed straight to their room. Celeste who stills wander around the corridors of the mansion was spotted by Aegina herself. Aegina hesitated to approach Celeste that time but she musters all of her strength. Then when she is near Celeste, Celeste was the first one who greeted Aegina.

 

“Good Evening princess… What are you doing at this time ?

“I just cannot sleep that is all.

“Hmm so even the princess is having a time like this… So what did you want from me? I see that you are having trouble approaching me… are you afraid?

 

                Aegina was shocked. it seems that Celeste knows that Aegina is thinking twice in the corner of the corridor. The corner is really far from Celeste and yet he still notices Aegina there. Aegina just smiled and asks Celeste a question.

 

“Why did you help me back then?

“What did you mean by that?

“At your position you can easily kill Giovanne and yet you still tried to protect me.

“Is that the wrong way to do princess?

“I’ve checked your background and I know all the things that you have done. You are one of the murderers that instill fear back then.

“So what? *Celeste’s looks become serioused*

“You are a veteran in killing! Its illogical to save someone as weak as me in front of your target. You are in the best spot to kill him and yet… *Aegina become sad and the same time angry and shouted*

“*Exhale* Yes it’s true that I’m a murderer back then but you know a man soul can change because of love.

“Love?

“I met someone back then… she might be an ignorant girl but as she progress to be a fine woman she also changed my soul…

 

                At that time Celeste just looks on the moon and thinks about that woman that she met and spent his time.

 

“Is that girl the little elf that you are with?

“No… that girl died back then…

“I’m so sorry.

“Don’t worry… since even now she is still protecting me… and that b*****d who killed her is here.. the man in the white coat…

“Lazarus?

“Yes…. That one…

 

                Celeste’s face turned into a mad beast. While his eyes turns red and glows as the moonlight shines upon them. Even Aegina got affected by the fear that it creates. Celeste noticed Aegina’s reaction and he started to calm down and apologizes to her. Aegina humbly accepted the apology and then she hugged Celeste on the back.  Aegina shoved her body on Celeste’s back she cuddled him tightly and then.

 

“Revenge is not the right thing to do. You might die in the process.

“That man steal everything from me… and I must do this its for **** sake…

“But I don’t want you to die!!! I hate it… I don’t want you to leave me!!

“I’m sorry but I cannot do that.

“Why?!!

“You still have a bright future. If you still cling on me your life would be miserable and I don’t want that.

“But !!!!

“No more buts.

“But how about that little girl?!!

“She and I are the same… we are misfortunes we are beings that must not be in this world in the first place. We just cause bad luck to everyone.

“It’s not true!!!

 

                Aegina started to cry and grip Celeste with all her might.

 

“You saved me!! you always save me from trouble and you will save me from the future. So i… i… I… I lo-

“Stop that…

“But I lo-

“I said stop that…

 

                Celeste started to become angry… his face becomes un-paintable.

 

“it’s only a love at first sight.. only a puppy love. Since this is the first time that you experienced being saved by someone with the opposite gender.

“NO it’s NOT!

“Yes it does.

“But!!!

 

                Celeste forced Aegina to let go of him. Aegina released him and then Celeste started to walk away and whisper something.

 

“You cannot die right now…. you will die if you are with me so please…

                With that Aegina was left standing while crying the shadow of the pillars. The moonlight cannot even shine her miserable face. While Celeste is getting far and far from her grasp she falls on her knee and teardrops started to fall on the marble flooring of the mansion. After that night there comes the new day and the Heaven’s Council started their next attack. While Celeste and Quartina prepare their equipment Aegina herself sortied first with burning eyes that can kill anyone in her sight.

 



© 2013 Closedbox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013
Tags: Action, Romance, Humor, Fiction, Adventure


Author

Closedbox
Closedbox

Valenzuela, Metro Manila, Philippines



About
I'm just a psychopat who loves to write interesting stories... more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Closedbox


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Closedbox


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Closedbox