Shaving time

Shaving time

A Poem by Cmini
"

A little something I wrote, please give honest feedback rather it's good or bad

"
Wow, what a moment. So I’m shaving and I’m looking in the mirror, then I realize that the person staring at me is a self-righteous piece of s**t. All the wrongs I’ve done, all the people I’ve hurt, and all the victims I’ve left behind, has a been a justification of judgment that what I do, is for the people I love, the friends I protect, and my code of honor. So I stare at this guy, and i lash out smashing him and the mirror into a thousand pieces. And as the shards of my twisted reflection fall all around, i watch in horror at the person I’ve spent all my life making, turn into a heaping pile of broken glass. Just like my heart and soul, broken and shattered, torn apart by pain, anguish, betrayal, and losing myself to wonderful world of violence. All my life, the only religion ive needed, is the feel of my flesh striking flesh, The spatter of blood, the feel of bones crunching, and my favorite the look on a mans face when hes laying there crippled, bleeding out, and when he sees me staring down at him the biggest grin on my face, he knows hes just meet the devil reincarnated. Why am i explaining this, Cause it all ties together. Ive always hit first, and ask questions later. So when i see this guy in the mirror, i just lash out and crush him. Ill never take the time to ask him why, ask him to stop, or to become one the same. Instead ill just keep smashing mirrors, and keep chasing shadows. The only ill ever stop is the day i meet my maker. And i don’t mean god, i mean the hero who will put a bullet in my skull, look down and smile at me, except my body will die, but soul will just go to hell and reroup.....

© 2017 Cmini


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the honest reflection of real life. You told of a struggle seeing only a dead-end. I liked the realistic thoughts. You made the reader feel the words. I liked the complete story in the poetry. Thank you for sharing the powerful work.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Your descriptions of some of the more intense stuff in your writing makes me wonder if it's first hand knowledge? *ahem* You have the right to remain silent...stand on the Fifth...*cough* just an observation.

Again, grammar/spelling issues can distract, but the content is good enough to keep the reader going. I really like compact but complete pieces, and so far, all of your writings I've read deliver.

Again, let me know if you want grammar/spelling remarks. I can only point out obvious issues as I'm no English teacher, but you state you want "honest" and, as I do, too, I respect that.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2017
Last Updated on July 22, 2017

Author

Cmini
Cmini

Canada



About
Ive been writing on and off for years, but lately I've been writing like crazy. I have lived a pretty crazy life and is a true product of the system. I write what I feel, if it offends you I apologize.. more..

Writing
Monster Monster

A Poem by Cmini


Why Why

A Poem by Cmini


Redemption Redemption

A Poem by Cmini