Up in smoke

Up in smoke

A Poem by Cmini

As I sit here and watch the smoke twirl off my cigarette, I realized that the smoke going up in the air twisting, bending, going higher and lower, like an erotic dance from hell. I sit here and wonder if that smoke is a sure sign of the nightmare to come. But yet I can't look away I'm mesmerIzed and a little shook. I'm addicted to the chaos, this smoke just won't get of mind. And now other thoughts come flooding, like a dam bursting. And all sudden I'm trapped and this smoke that once made so happy, is choking me and blinding me, and now I'm crawling trying to find the exit, but I'm lost. Thoughts of my daughters, my son, all the good time and bad times. Then I wonder how could this of happen as I feel the oxygen get forced out, and carbon monoxide creeps in, I realize that this must be a nightmare, or is karma for destroying so many people with that special smoke, for all the families I destroyed supplying their habits. Or karma for ashes of the ######## I left behind. And now I take my last breath and close my eyes excepting my fate. My lungs explode and my eyes Rip open and I'm covered in sweat laying in my bed, I realize it was all a dream and I reach for a smoke.....

© 2017 Cmini


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on July 22, 2017
Last Updated on July 22, 2017

Author

Cmini
Cmini

Canada



About
Ive been writing on and off for years, but lately I've been writing like crazy. I have lived a pretty crazy life and is a true product of the system. I write what I feel, if it offends you I apologize.. more..

Writing
Monster Monster

A Poem by Cmini


Why Why

A Poem by Cmini


Redemption Redemption

A Poem by Cmini