The Memory

The Memory

A Story by Judas Hammer
"

Three days later. I realized who he was...

"

The Memory

Long Beach Transit Journal:


Written from the 103 bus from Lakewood to Downtown

 

My memory came back to me as the words do you remember me echoed of the chambers of my skull. After a few pensive minutes, I did. It was a few weeks back on lonely nights. I felt like me against the world and I only had Jamison at my back: well five of them chased with PBRs. I walked up the dark, cool streets like a man on his way to the gallows.

 The hangman and not the hanged.

Rage had his arm around my shoulder, whispering wrathful plans against all who went against me. Past enemies and future foes must pay!

The new black boots I bought abused my feet and I still had so far to go. It seemed like miles to Long Beach Blvd where the 60 bus would scoop me up with the rest of the damned and the forgotten scraped off the bottom of life’s shoes.

 The streets were deserted, having the feeling of an seaside, urban ghost town. The darken windows of transient one bedroom apartment stared at me. The clicking of my boots echoing off of the fog stained sidewalks was the only sound. Like the prelude to a Jack the Ripper flick I strolled with each step the rage intensified. Self-victimization was the fuel driving the transportation to my boredom and loneliness. Suddenly, I heard feral voices straight ahead. It was a drunken pack of Millennials.

Written from the Del taco on Carson and Cherry Ave: via cell phone

 

Chanting. Laughing. Lollygagging. Their joyous shrills made my blood boil. I remember when I was young and reckless. Now I was middle aged and mad. Angry. A volcano with slanted eyed with tunnel vision

© 2015 Judas Hammer


Author's Note

Judas Hammer
Comments please...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Unusual narrative - I mean that as a compliment. It doesn't sound finished, though. Is this the beginning to a longer text? I'm curious to see what happens next!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Judas Hammer

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Yes. I have another entry its the non linear part of the story the green light. Either wa.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

528 Views
1 Review
Added on January 12, 2015
Last Updated on January 13, 2015

Author

Judas Hammer
Judas Hammer

The City of Angeles, CA



About
I like to write, live in La and write and make short films. and more..

Writing