"On Top Of The White Tower"

"On Top Of The White Tower"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

A daragnged depressed teen unleashes hell on his classmates.

"

“On Top Of The Tower”

By Cody Williams

 

            Look, I’ll tell you anything you want to know okay? But let me tell you my story, and then I’ll answer your questions. You have my word.

            For starters, I live in a room on the bottom floor of Ingram Hall with my roommate, Kurt. I have no girl friend and honestly, no friends. Now before you say anything, I know you see me hanging out with people. However, they’re not really my friends. They hang out with everything, and me but the harsh reality is they weren’t my friends. I could feel it. They thought of me as charity work. They would say some really nice things to me, but then turn their back and laugh about how pathetic I am. Let’s start with the beginning of that day shall we?

            That morning started off like every other morning. I woke up to the mind numbing sound of my roommate’s, huh, or should I say former roommate’s alarm clock. Waking up to the sound of a Goddamn rooster every morning was unbearable. I picked up his alarm clock and smashed it up against the wall breaking it.

            “Dude! You just smashed my alarm clock!” I remember Kurt saying from the top bunk.

            “Sorry man, I just got pissed for a second. I’ll buy you a new one, I promise.” I told him. Well, that’s a promise that is never coming true. Anyway, he leaped off of the top bunk landing on his feet. I could hear him mumbling something under his breath. I couldn’t tell exactly what he was saying, but I pretty much have an idea. It was something to the extent of: That stupid son of a b***h broke my Goddamn alarm clock. He walked over to his closet grabbing out a blue towel and slipped on his flip-flops and walked out of the room to the shower.

            After he left the room, I got out of my bed and walked over to my closet and opened it. I took off my black and red Tap Out shorts and grabbed a pair of black dress pants. I then grabbed a black leather belt and slid it through the belt loops and buckled it. I pulled out a plain white T-shirt and put it on then put on a black button up dress shirt. I closed the closet and the slid on my dress shoes.

            “I am sick and tired of his bull s**t! In fact, I’m tired of everyone’s bull s**t.” I said to myself. I turned to face the closet again and knelt down and opened the top drawer where my underwear was typically stored. I removed the underwear to dumping it to the floor revealing a large dagger. I grabbed the dagger and hid it behind my back when I heard my room mate open the door. He opened the room and turned to me.

            “What the f**k? Why the hell is all of your underwear on the God damn floor?” He screamed at me. Kurt did that sometimes. He always had a short fuse with me, but still was usually nice to me to my face. He took a deep breath and exhaled. “It’s okay, I’m cool. Let me help you with that.” He said as he knelt down picking up my clothes. I gripped the knife in my hand and plunged it into his back repeatedly. Was it satisfying? Absolutely. The only problem with it was hiding the screams and the body. I guess it’s a good thing that we lived on a rowdy hallway with the football team. Some one was always yelling. I guess they were just used to it.

            I opened up Kurt’s closet and stuffed him inside of it. I closed the blood-covered door and held it shut for a few moments to make sure that it would not bust back open. I always knew I would do it, I just didn’t know when. I grabbed my backpack from the other side of the room and put it around my shoulders. I walked over to the door and looked back at the closet.

            “Have a nice day Kurt! I know I will!” I said as I laughed and walked out of the room. I shut the door as quietly as I could try not to attract any additional attention. I reached into the pocket of my blue jeans and pulled out the key to the room. I dead bolted the door and slipped the keys back into my pocket. I turned around and walked down the hallway looking down at the floor trying my best not to make eye contact.

            Eddie, our dorm adviser walked around the corner knocking me down to the floor.

            “You son of a b***h!” I mumbled under my breath. I mean who the hell does this guy think he is? You can’t just jog down the hallway running into people and knocking them down!

            “Oh, dude, I’m sorry! Here let me help you!” Eddie said as he extended his arm to help me up. I slapped his had away from me and pushed myself up.

            “I got it.” I told him as I placed my backpack back on my shoulders.

            “I’m sorry bro!” Eddie said to me.

            “Don’t worry about it! You probably don’t anyway!” I mumbled to him as I looked back down at the ground and quickly walked off. At this point I was complexly pissed off. I quickly walked across campus until reaching the white tower in the center of the campus. I walked over to the door and slid it open.

            I walked up stairwell after stairwell until finally reaching the top of the tower. I walked into the room at the top and threw my backpack down on the round. I glanced over and leaning up against the wall was a rifle. I picked up the rifle and grabbed the shells that were lying in the table next to it. I loaded the gun and cocked it. I walked over to the balcony of the tower. I placed the butt of the rifle against my shoulder and aimed down.

            “Please God! Make the pain go away!” I said I aimed the rifle back down at the crowed and placed my finger over the trigger. I pressed down the trigger firing into the crowd. I was amazing. People were dropping like flies! Just the thought about it puts a smile on my face.

            Honestly, the next thing I remember is the sound of sirens and getting into the back of a police car laughing historically.

            You ask me was it worth it? Was it worth getting arrested? Absolutely! But it wasn’t as fulfilling as I hoped it would be. I realize it now. The problem was not them. The problem was me!

            I planted a bomb on me! And when I press this button, I will blow you and the entire city away!

 

Copyright 2013 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS

A division of TTP Entertainment

Image by FlamingText.com

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
MCHC-BVS6-UCBM-LBK2

http://www.copyrighted.com/copyrights/view/k9rb-lxlk-mmyj-snkb"> border="0" alt="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
K9RB-LXLK-MMYJ-SNKB" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
K9RB-LXLK-MMYJ-SNKB" width="150" height="40" src="
http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2013 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
This one accually scared my roomate. Don't worry it is 100% ficiton. I was told I should write more in first person, so here it is. I realize that it is nowhere near my best work but I do like it a lot.

It war really hard deciding on a title. "On Top of The Tower" is just a working title. Up to this point, I've been calling it the suicide story. If you could suggest a title, please do!

All reviews are welcome, so tell me what you think!

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The story was decent, the repetitive "I did this/that" was mind numbing though. I think you could end it with the problem was me line instead of going on to say he was strapped with explosives. If that's the ending that you want, then perhaps just a better set up to it, cause that line about the problem was a strong one that could be a great finish with moral implications. Otherwise, without that line it could seem that you were approving of school shootings, or killing in general. Adding a reason for the protagonist to have all of those weapons might be nice too, as it would be tough for a student to get explosives unless perhaps he was a chemistry major hint hint. Anyway, the title I would use is 'Snuff the Rooster'.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The story was decent, the repetitive "I did this/that" was mind numbing though. I think you could end it with the problem was me line instead of going on to say he was strapped with explosives. If that's the ending that you want, then perhaps just a better set up to it, cause that line about the problem was a strong one that could be a great finish with moral implications. Otherwise, without that line it could seem that you were approving of school shootings, or killing in general. Adding a reason for the protagonist to have all of those weapons might be nice too, as it would be tough for a student to get explosives unless perhaps he was a chemistry major hint hint. Anyway, the title I would use is 'Snuff the Rooster'.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done!! Your stories are always great!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Rosaria!

-CW
Well-written. I dig how you had the main character addressing the reader. When he starts to go crazy, with the knife that one on one intimacy with the reader makes it all the more shocking. Before he actually does anything, there is a brief moment where you say to yourself, he's just an ordinary guy, dealing with some of lifes typical bullshit and then BAM! The rug goes out and your like whoa WTF!! I can see why your room mate might feel weird about that though. I wonder if he goes through your draws looking for daggers when your not around. LOL.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

-CW
L.Edward

10 Years Ago

No sweat bro. Its what where here for!
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Astro! I do like that title!

-CW
Wow now that was an extremely disturbing read that had me on the edge of my seat. You have definitely captured the deterioration of the main character's mind! You did a great job setting up the pace of the story--loved it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your kindness!

-CW
You are definitely improving! This is actually the first story that held my attention all the way through. Using a gunman is ballsy considering the state of our society and telling the story from his point of view makes the story. Well done. A minor thing, the rifle just being there was kind of odd. A sentence or two on how it got there would improve the story I think.

Keep it up.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

-CW
This story sounded so very familiar, I had to go digging through my books to find it, and I did. This is very close to Stephen King's "Cain Rose Up" - the endings are almost identical. You can find the story collected in his book "Skeleton Crew." I would read that and give some serious thought to this story before taking it any further.

Just a cautionary suggestion.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Yeah, I didn't realize it until you said it. I was not at all inspired by the Stephen King story and.. read more
Douglas White

10 Years Ago

Here's another way to creep out your roommate (I'm all for creeping people out): do some detective w.. read more
Wow. I felt I was watching a horror movie where a serial killer gets pissed off and goes on a killing rampage of sorts. I was about to dial 911 but I realized it is a poetic site...You are the master of suspense ...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Sami!

-CW
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)
I would title this "The Killer", because that's what it's relly all about. You've taken the reader into the mind of one of these random killers. Telling it in first person was a good idea.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

-CW
This was really good, it was disturbing lol but I know that is what you were going for. I think that like some of the other reviewers maybe adding a little more background would be nice. Really terrifying piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for the review!

-CW
That morning started off like (any) every other morning. Oh the clock tower. Revisiting history. Good write. When angry and not able to verbalize your pain to someone, what are the avenues to lessen your pain? Violence.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

-CW

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

798 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on September 20, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013
Tags: horror, thriller, suicide, school shootings

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..