"Tunnel 8 Prohibited"

"Tunnel 8 Prohibited"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

Jessica heard the legend why Tunnel 8 is prohibited. Now they will find out for sure it it's true.

"

“Tunnel 8 Prohibited”

By Cody Williams

 

1.

            TUNNEL 8 PROHIBITED the large red sign read as Brad Flowers and Jessica Hayes drove past it in Brad’s Ford Mustang. Brad was the average prom king type young man. He was about six feet and three inches tall and was muscular built. He had short black hair that spiked upward and blue eyes. Jessica was the prettiest girl in the Betsy High School. She was a sophomore there while her boyfriend Brad was the senior football star.

            Jessica had long brown hair and was very attractive and thin. She was about five feet and five inches tall and also had a blue eye color. Jessica looked back at the sign.

            “What did that sign say?” Jessica asked furiously.

            “Tunnel 8 prohibited.” Brad replied. Jessica turned back around and looked at her high school sweet heart.

            “Why do they put the sign up if you can’t even go there?” Jessica asked him.

            “Just to remind you that you can’t go there I guess.” Brad replied. Jessica licked her lips and continued to stare at Brad.

            “Why is Tunnel 8 prohibited?” Jessica asked him. Brad began to laugh just under his breath.

            “What? You haven’t heard the story?” Brad asked shockingly. Jessica looked at him strangely.

            “What story?” Jessica asked him.

            “Never mind.” Brad asked turning his attention back to the interstate.

            “No! Tell me the story Brad!” Jessica pleaded in suspense. Brad smiled at her.

            “Okay.” Brad started. “Legend has it that there was a horrible murder that took place in Tunnel 8. The legend says that there was a house near the tunnel. Apparently that dad in the house hold went crazy and murdered them all and carried them down to the tunnel one by one and threw them in the creek that ran inside of it including his little five year old boy. He then allegedly grabbed a shot gun and blew his brains out all over the wall of the tunnel.” He said as he looked over to Jessica who was hanging on his every word.

            “What happened next Brad?” Jessica asked him.

            “Legend has it that now if you go in the tunnel, you can see the little boy who was gruesomely murdered. He appears at the end of the tunnel and lets out a devastatingly loud cry. It freaked people out so bad that the locals quit going into the tunnel. It now sits abandoned.” He said.

            “But why would that cause them to make it prohibited?” Jessica asked confused.

            “They say that grass began growing up into it the walls and sealing began cracking. It has been named condemned.” Brad told her. She slowly turned her head. The story sent chills up her spine. She looked up at the sky as the sun began to set. Just as the sun peaked behind the mountains she heard and felt something strange. A loud boom came from nowhere and Brad lost control of the car. The car ran side first into the guardrails at the edge of the road busting through it. Tumbled down a grassy hill past a sign reading EXIT 312 TUNNEL 8.

 

2.

            The Mustang came to a rest at the bottom of the grassy slope leading to a dark deserted road.

            “Jessica, are you okay?” Brad asked concerned.

            “Yes.” Jessica answered back. “Are you okay?” She asked him.

            “I think so.” Brad replied. He reached over and hit the red button releasing the seat belt. He drugs himself over to the shattered window next to him and climbed out of it. He picked himself up and dusted himself off. He walked over to the opposite side of the car and go down on the ground. He grabbed the door handle and pulled it opening up the door. He reached in over Jessica and unfastened her seat belt. He grabbed her by the arm and helped her out of the car. She got out and stood to her feet. They embraced for several moments and looked back at the car. Brad kissed her on the head and looked at her.

            “I guess we should call the police!” Brad said. He reached his hand down into his left blue jeans pocket pulling out his iPhone that has been smashed. “S**t!” He screamed throwing it down to the ground. “Do you have your phone sweet heart?” Brad asked her. Jessica shook her head no.

            “I left it at home.” Jessica informed him.

            “S**t!” Brad mumbled under his breath. He looked down the deserted road they were on. “Come on!” Brad said as he grabbed her by the hand and they began walking down what could be described as the lost highway.

            “Brad! Where are we going?” Jessica asked him.

            “There has to be someone around here to help us! I don’t want to risk going back up on the interstate at night and getting hit by a car or something.” Brad explained to her.

 

3.

            They continued walking down the dark deserted road for about twenty minutes before they finally began to see light. It was a single streetlight on the other end of a long brick tunnel that looked like it hasn’t been used in years. It was Tunnel 8. They stopped for a moment and looked down the dark tunnel to the other side. Brad and Jessica both looked at each other for a moment and then back down the tunnel. Brad began to walk forward before being grabbed and pulled back by Jessica.

            “Where are you going?” Jessica asked worried.

            “Though the tunnel.” Brad replied.

            “You can’t go through there! Don’t you remember the story?” Jessica said to Brad. Brad laughed it off and looked down to Brad.

            “Come on sweet heart! That story is just a legend. A myth! It’s bull s**t!” Brad said to her. He began walking into the tunnel and Jessica closely followed. The two walked about ten feet into the tunnel. “See sweetheart, there’s nothing to be worried about.” Brad said. He grabbed her by the hand and led her down the dark tunnel. Halfway through the tunnel, Brad noticed that he was now able to see his breath. He noticed a great drop in temperature and he began to shivver. They stopped for a moment and looked over to the wall beside them. It began to ooze something strange. Brad walked over and touched the wall getting a thick liquid on his hand. He looked at it closely noticing that what was on his hand was a dark red color. It smelt like blood. Jessica screamed and the two of them looked directly across from them at the end of the tunnel.

            There stood a little boy with short black hair. The boy had gray pale skin and black eyes.

            “Hello? Can we help you buddy?” Brad asked hoping for an answer. The boy did not answer back. Instead his mouth dropped to the floor exposing razor sharp teeth. He let out a devistatingly painful squeal at the top of his lungs. They turned around to run back out the other end of the tunnel…but they stopped suddenly. They realized that at the other end of the tunnel was the father of the boy.

            “You shouldn’t have come here. Nobody’s bee here for years.” The man said slowly walking towards them. “Nobody but me and my family.” The man added. He too had gray skin and black hair. But there were maggots covering one side of his face. Brad and Jessica began to look around when they noticed that even more blood began pouring out of the wall. A head appeared from the wall revealing the mother of the boy. On the other side of them blood began pouring out of the wall. Another head appeared. It was the sister of the boy. They turned around to notice that the boy was now right behind them. The boy let out another loud scream as the dead family surrounded Brad and Jessica.

“You’ll never leave us! You’ll be here with us forever!” The boy said. They turned back around face to face with the father.

            “Welcome to the family.” The father said with an evil smirk as Brad and Jessica screamed with pure terror.


Copyright 2013 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS

A division of TTP Entertainment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
PXVY-5X6I-ICS6-4MLM

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected </p><p class=EDYO-PDZN-1H9J-SIOF" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 

EDYO-PDZN-1H9J-SIOF" width="150" height="40" src="http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2013 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
A return to horror. This one came to me when I was driving on the interstate coming home for Thanksgiving and I saw a large red sign reading TUNNEL 8 PROHIBITED. I began to think, 'What kind of tunnel would be prohibited?' and my imagination began to run wild. I have written a story similar to this once call "The Red Tunnel." Many elements from that story worked it's way into this one. Please leave comments and reviews! I hope you guys enjoy it!

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You do horror very well...
But now that I've seen what you can do with fantasy/scifi adventures...
All you need, Luv, is to hone your mechanical skills a bit...spelling, grammar...that kind of boring junk that makes it easier for the reader to keep up with your genius.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Angel!

-CW



Reviews

I've missed your great stories!! Always love to read em

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Many thanks Rosaria!

-CW
You do horror very well...
But now that I've seen what you can do with fantasy/scifi adventures...
All you need, Luv, is to hone your mechanical skills a bit...spelling, grammar...that kind of boring junk that makes it easier for the reader to keep up with your genius.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Angel!

-CW
A light at the end of the tunnel ... denotes hope ... a family dead within ... is certainly a need for exercising some healing ... by two of the most beautiful people in school.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Dayran!

-CW
really liked it...well done

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Kejara!

-CW
This one was wonderful and scary. It sent chills to my spine and fear to my heart...Your imagination is ever verdant as the grassy fields...Bravo

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading Sami!

-CW
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)...................
I enjoyed this story and I absolutely love the description of the family at the end of the family

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Many thanks!

-CW
this is amaizing, it gave me goosebumps we i read it.the suspense is great but i feel like you could have made it a little bit longer, more details to keep us so hooked, then spook us and make us wanna look away with terror. but nice work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
sonnie ibadah

10 Years Ago

ur welcome...
I definitely see a Stephen King influence here - some of his older stuff and short stories. Really nice suspense, and a classic horror ending. I am not sure if you want grammar and spelling corrections, but bee should be been. Great story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Many thanks for you comments KL! I means a lot!

-CW
You're really good at horror Cody. Your characters are well drawn, and your dialogue is good. Now you should check your work for mistakes and poor structuring.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Marie! It means a lot!

-CW

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 29, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013
Tags: horror, short story, Cody Williams

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..