"The Lost Empire V: The Shape Shifter"

"The Lost Empire V: The Shape Shifter"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

The quest for the Lost Empire continues.

"

“The Shape Shifter: A Lost Empire Story”

By Cody Williams

 

            James continued to walk the path of the red dirt road out of Avon and the man in black closely followed hiding in the shadows of the forest. James still didn’t completely understand what the old woman meant.

            ‘What did she mean about my journey just beginning? And why did she call Dillon the Lost Empire?’ James thought to himself. He continued walking the trail not really knowing what was next for him. He knew that he had to find someone to help him. What he really needed was a wizard. Some one to send him back home with his mom and kid. But that was wishful thinking. He knew that. He continued the path hoping and praying that he would find someone to help him.

            Meanwhile, the man in black peaked out from the shadows after James had passed. He glared at him with his typical evil smirk.

            “What the hell does it take to kill this f****r? He’s is the only thing standing between me and my rightful place as God.” The man in black said to himself. He paused for a moment and thought. “Let’s see how he does against a shape shifter.” The man in black said as raised his hand in a fist and began moving it around in a circular motion creating some sort of clear colored yet visible, blurry funnel in mid air. Lightning bolts began flashing and shooting out of the funnel as it made the sound of a thunder clap.

            A lightning bolt stuck out of the funnel making what looked like the shape of a man. The lightning cleared and the funnel faded revealing a man. The man was wearing brown leather pants and a brown leather jacket. The man was thin. He looked like he was in his early twenties and had soft wavy brown hair. The strange man looked at the man in black and smiled.

            “How can I assist you?” The man said smiling and glaring at the man in black. The man in black smelled and patted him on the shoulder.

            “Yes young one. There’s a man on this trail heading north. He goes by the name of James Thomas. He is a nobleman of King Adams. I want you to kill him.” The man in black told him. The young man nodded in agreement and began walking and then turned back to the man in black.

            “Forgive me for noting your greatness, but, if you want him dead, why don’t you do it yourself?” The young man asked. The man in black grinned and walked over to the young one.

            “Do you know what your intestates look like? I do. Does that answer your question?” The man in black asked the young one. The man nodded with fear and quickly turned his back to the man in black and began walking the trail following James. The man in black quickly faded back into the darkness of the woods watching.

            James turned to notice that the young man was following him. He stopped and reached down to his quiver pulling out his sword.

            “Halt! Who goes there?” James shouted in defense. The man said not a word and just continued walking closer and closer to James. “Halt! Tell me your name!” James shouted at him again.

            “I have no name.” The young one replied.

            “Tell me your business!” The young man remained silent and stepped out of the shadows revealing himself to James. The young man just grinned at James. Young man then gave James a wink and then began shifting into furious shapes. First a grizzly bear, then a wolf, then a little boy, he even shifted into Little Jimmy, James’ son. He then morphed back to himself.

            “What are you?” James asked confused. The young man giggled and looked down at the ground and then backs at James.

            “It doesn’t matter who I am. It matters that I know who you are. You are my next meal.” The shape shifter said turning into some sort of part human, part wolf, and part bear creature. The shape shifter took charge at James talking him down to the ground while also knocking the sword out of his hand. James placed his arm against the creature’s throat just enough to keep it from devouring his face. James began to wiggle around; trying everything he could to grab his sword. Saliva from the hungry beast’s mouth dripped on the face of James.

            He continued to wiggle around before finally grabbing his sword and plunging it into the arm of the beast. James pulled the sword out as the creature howled and rolled off of him. James stood to his feet and the creature once again charged at him. Ready this time, James plunged the sword through the abdomen of the beast and pulled it out. The beast then turned back to it’s human form and dropped to his knees. James lifted his sword high above the shape shifter’s head before dropping it to the ground.

            The now bare shape shifter stood up and rand into the woods holding his wound. James reached down picking up the sword and placed it back into the quiver and continued on the path.

            The shape shifter limped up to the man in black and looked at him with a sorry expression. The man in black smiled and reached his hand through his abdomen pulling out his guts and tossing them to the ground. The shape shifter fell to the ground dead. The man in black then continued to walk in the shadows as the quest for the lost empire continues.


Copyright 2013 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS

A division of TTP Entertainment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected </p><p class=P36K-5DRO-ZBYI-RCP8" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 

P36K-5DRO-ZBYI-RCP8" width="150" height="40" src="http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2013 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
This is the 5th installment of my Lost Empire series. I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to comment and review!

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So I'm kinda starting to fan-girl over this story and I'm really excited to what is going to happen next!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you like it Ankara! I'll have some more installments coming soon! Thanks for reading!
.. read more
Lots of tension and drama! Personally I would have liked to see the fight scene drawn out a little longer since it was the climax of this story, but over all it was good.

A few misspells need to be addressed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Craig!

-CW
That man in black; what a buzz kill!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Michael!

-CW
Shades of "The Dark Tower" series - I need to catch it from the beginning.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

502 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013
Tags: fantasy, science fiction, Cody Williams, knight, medieval, horror

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing