"The Lost Empire I: The Twister"

"The Lost Empire I: The Twister"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

"The Twister" is the first installment of The Lost Empire series written by Cody Williams

"

“The Twister: A Lost Empire Story”

By Cody Williams

 

1

            James Thomas sat up from his bed and placed his bare feet on the floor. He pushed himself out of bed forcing him to sit up. He placed his hands over his faced and rubbed it. James walked over to the rocking chair across from the bed where his clothes were hanging ready for him to put them on.

            He grabbed a long sleeved white shirt and slipped it over his torso. Then he grabbed his silver metal armor and slipped the top over his torso and then the bottoms over his legs. James sat back down on the bed and bent over grabbing his leather boots. He placed them on his feet and stood back up from the bed.

            James walked back over to the rocking chair and grabbed a long black leather belt. He placed the belt around his waist and buckled it. He then walked over to the wooden shelf on the other side of the room and reached on top of it grabbing a sword. He slit the sword into the right side of his baldric and a small dagger on the left side of him.

            He picked up his metal had and placed it on his head. He walked over to the doorway and walked out of the room. He continued walking through the living room.

            “Goodbye Mom!” James said to his mother as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. James was a single man. His mother has been sick for quite sometime so she moved in with him so that he could keep an eye on her.

            “Goodbye James, have a nice day!” His mother said having at him. He smiled and walked out of the of the house. The truth is, at first he was kind of unsure how he felt about his mother moving in with him. However, he has grown to like it. Now he has someone to care for him and fix him dinner twenty four seven.

            Little Jimmy, James’ son, ran up to him before he could leave the yard. Little Jimmy’s mom ran out on the family years ago. I suppose that is another reason he likes his mom living with him, so she can take care of Little Jimmy while he was on the force. He knelt down as Little Jimmy ran into his arms. Little Jimmy was only three years old. He was short and had short blonde hair.

            “Daddy” Little Jimmy yelled out with joy as he embraced James. “I love you daddy!” Little Jimmy told his father.

            “I love you too son! Now you be a good boy and take care of grandma while I’m gone okay!” James said to his son. Little Jimmy nodded his head and hugged James once more. James knelt down again placing his son on the ground. “Now that’s a good boy!” James said standing back up. “Now go back inside and be with grandma!” He said to Little Jimmy. Little Jimmy turned around to face the house and ran inside. James continued to walk the red dirt road to the castle of the King.

            As he walked along the red dirt road nearly every man, woman, and child came to greet him. James was known to be the hero in town after nearly dying in a sword fight in order to save the life of his brother Harold. James didn’t like the attention that much. He didn’t see himself as a hero nor did he want to be. He just wanted to be James. He just wanted to be known as another average guy on the force.

 

2

After he passed the village he began walking up the red clay dirt hill leading to the castle. After he reached the top of the hill he walked straight towards the castle.

            “Halt! Who goes there?” The two guards said in unison as the crossed their swords not allowing him to enter the castle. He took off his metal helmet in respect.

            “James Thomas good sirs!” James replied the guards. The guards removed their swords from in front of him and gave him a nod allowing him to enter the castle. He walked straight down the red carpet leading to the golden throne.

            “Ahhh, Mr. Thomas!” King Adams said in a greeting tone.

            “You wanted to see me your honor?” James asked the King respectfully.

            “Yes sir! I have a mission for you and you alone.” King Adams informed James. “My daughter, Samantha, has gone missing a few days ago, and I need you to go looking for her to bring her back home!” King Adams said to James. “If you accept this quest, I vow, you will receive anything you want!” King Adams said to him.

            “Anything?” James asked King Adams. King Adams nodded as he pointed towards the door. James nodded accepting the challenge and turned around walking back down the isle and out of the castle.

            James took in a breath of fresh air. He began walking back down the long red dirt road trail until stumbling upon a rag doll that used to belong to Princes Samantha. It was at the beginning of another path leading into the woods of the lost. James gulped and began walking the trail towards the forest. The wind began to blow quite hard.

            James looked up at the sky and noticed a distinct difference. The sky was not lit dark gray and lightning bolds filled the sky. He began walking towards the forest faster hoping to find shelter under some trees. He noticed how the leaves began to circle around in a funnel. He noticed that up in the sky was the formation of a funnel cloud. He began walking faster again trying to reach the forest when the funnel cloud touched down behind him.

            James began running as fast as he could, but it was not fast enough to out run the twister. James got sucked into the funnel cloud and blacked out.

 

3

            James opened his eyes looking into the blinding sun. He sad up from the cracked ground and began looking around. He was in the middle of a deserted desert.

            “S**t! Where the hell am I?” James said to himself. Now not only is the quest to find Samantha underway, so is the quest to return home. The quest for the lost empire has begun.

 

Copyright 2013 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of The Enchanted Press

A Division of TTP Entertainment

Image by FlamingText.com

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
MCHC-BVS6-UCBM-LBK2

http://www.copyrighted.com/copyrights/view/htna-z9mj-yr6w-a2bl"> border="0" alt="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
HTNA-Z9MJ-YR6W-A2BL" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
HTNA-Z9MJ-YR6W-A2BL" width="150" height="40" src="
http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2013 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
This is one that I have written several years ago so I realize that it is not quite up to par. I just found it and it was meant to be the first installment of The Lost Empire. For my friends who don't like my horror stories, I encourage you to read this. If you do like my horror stories, read it anyway. It is the kickoff of an epic fantasy series.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think - if you take this and edit it for the little things - the scene where the sky is gray - that line - lightning bolds, do you mean bolts - little tweaks - you can do them now or when you're done with the first draft. Up to you.
Its an interesting concept - Baum did quite well with it back in the day - the twister convention - but the thing that perked my ears was - it seems to be set in some feudal society yet the protag reminds me of a modern day cop. found that juxtaposition very interesting - not sure if you did it on purpose or if it just happened that way.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to read it! The second installment, "The Man In Black," is coming soon!read more



Reviews

It is definitely rough around the edges so to speak, but there is something there to work on for sure. I would definitely rewrite this opening couple of chapters. I like the idea of a quest that begins with something so, devastating as the protagonist being swept up in a twister only to survive and find himself in no mans land and in every bit as much peril as is the princess. Note: King's are usually referred to as your Majesty or Highness. Also, if my daughter were kidnapped I wouldn't wait days to call upon the hero of my city to find her. Hope this one turns out great. Keep it up.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Astro!

-CW
Astro

10 Years Ago

Cheers again CW, good luck with the saga.
I like the concept of this story a lot. I think if you just go back and do some revisions and maybe add a bit more descriptive as far as setting and characters then it will be a top notch story!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

-CW
When you edit this (if you so choose) I'd add more descriptive words just to give the piece some color and maybe throw in different types of sentences as well. I like what you have done with the intro and where you want to take it just add a bit more character description so that we can get attached to the characters and feel the things that they feel. Keep up the great work :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

-CW
The concept is interesting to me. I like it. You made a good story

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to read it!

-CW
You need to write a book!! Honestly your great :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the review and for your kindness! The second installment of The Lost Empire " The.. read more
Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Always welcome!! I love reading your work
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks again!
i dont much kind of relish horror, a soft romantic or adventure is welcome anytime, liked this :)
would like to read the whole, so tag me.

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to read it! The next installment, "The Man In Black" is coming soon!
read more
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

sure, you are welcome
⊰ℛℛ⊱
I noticed the first part of the story deals only with James. You are certainly entitled to just use the words, "he," "his," and "him." By mixing the name James with he it can get a bit confusing.

I would also name the Mom and maybe give her a bit of a back story. The more you can tell about your characters, the more affectionate the reader becomes with them. I would not mention this if THIS writing was the entire story, but you said it is the first installment of, "The Lost Empire," so it deserves a little recognition in addition to your players. :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to read it! The second installment, "The Man In Black" is coming .. read more
dw817

10 Years Ago

Ok then, lemme know when it's up ! :D
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Will do! Have a nice night!
I think - if you take this and edit it for the little things - the scene where the sky is gray - that line - lightning bolds, do you mean bolts - little tweaks - you can do them now or when you're done with the first draft. Up to you.
Its an interesting concept - Baum did quite well with it back in the day - the twister convention - but the thing that perked my ears was - it seems to be set in some feudal society yet the protag reminds me of a modern day cop. found that juxtaposition very interesting - not sure if you did it on purpose or if it just happened that way.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to read it! The second installment, "The Man In Black," is coming soon!read more
A good story, written in excellent flowing words, a good narrative that will be liked.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the review!

-CW
Amazingly described my friend horror and i'm scared :P
wonderful :)
- Singh :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

-CW

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

897 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: fantasy, science fiction, Cody Williams, knight, medieval

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..