"The Glowing Pyramid"

"The Glowing Pyramid"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

So what was it? Why was it so attractive? Why was it even there?

"

“The Glowing Pyramid”

By Cody Williams

 

            What was it that I saw? Would you believe me if I told you? I have tried to keep it hidden for years. But I’m not anymore. I just as of one thing. When I tell you this please don’t go out saying I am one of those “loonies” as people often say, who go around screaming “UFO! UFO!” I don’t need that kind of attention. I don’t need to be the crazy guy in my neighborhood. I don’t want to be that house at the end of the street that children are afraid to walk by. That’s all I ask.

            What really happened took place years ago. I was a young man in the military back then. I was based in Mary’s Lgloo, Alaska, a ghost town. The year was 1952. It was just a month after everybody moved out of Lgloo. Why did they move out? Its still remains a mystery. Many people said they saw something horrifying there. Something that quite frankly scared the s**t out of them. I was skeptical at first but now I believe.

            When they first asked me to do the job they set me up with a team of three other guys. Sgt. Kenneth Nall was the first in command. He had short blonde hair stylized in a buzz cut. And had a thick blonde mustache under his nose. He was the strongest of us all. His muscles were so big it looked like the government pumped damn steroids in him. Now looking back, that’s probably what happened. Another guy was Lt. Grover McNeal. McNeal was second in command. He was not quite as big as Nall, but was still quite muscular. He had short black hair and a hairless face that was a smooth as a baby’s butt. Last but not least, was Lt. Blair Ginn. Blair and I were the best of friends. We met during basic training. He was built much like me. We were both smaller built guys. Toping off at just over 163 pounds. We were both skinny and we didn’t get the respect that we deserved. I guess that was why we got along so well. The mentality then was that smaller guys didn’t belong on the same team as guys that looked like Nall and McNeal.

            When we first got there Blair and I jumped out of our snow mobile and walked over to camp in knee-deep snow. The camp was smaller than I thought it would be. It was only two tents and two snowmobiles including ours. We walked over to Sgt. Nall and extended our arms. Nall just looked at us disgusted and stared us down.

            “Nice to meet you Sgt. Nall! I’m Lt. Harvey Miller and this is Lt. Ginn!” I said to him trying to get some sort of response. It was actually quite funny. He was the only man I ever met that growled while he breathed. We put down our arms and just stared at him. After about two minutes of staring us down he pointed over to the smaller of the two tents. We walked over to the two tents and went inside.

            “Can you believe that guy?” Blair asked as he sat down on the ground. “He had his chest puffed out like a bird and was growling like a lion with asthma.” He continued. I smiled and looked at him.

            “I know. He’s not the nicest guy I’ve ever met. He makes those b*****s that work in the ER waiting room look not so bad. In fact somewhat tolerable.” I said. You know what I mean. That b***h that just sits there and gossips while painting her damn fingernails while you’re just standing there at the front desk saying, “Hello? I got a damn bullet in my leg! Can you please shut the f**k up and get me a God damn doctor?” You know the kind.

            Anyway, after we got finished unpacking, we walked out of the tent up to Sgt. Nall to see if he needed us to do anything. We figured, as long as we’re stuck here, we might as well try to get on his good side.

            “Sir! Do you need us to do anything sir?” I said as both me and Blair saluted. He just stared at us and continued huffing and puffing. I could feel the moisture from the steam from his breath as it hit my face. He looked over at the fire that was about to extinguish and then looked back at us. He pointed into the woods. McNeal then walked up to us with a clipboard.

            “Gentlemen! We need more firewood! Go out to the woods and retrieve it. McNeal said pointing towards the woods with his pencil. We never saw anyone kiss anybody’s a*s like McNeal did to Nall. Hell, he usually called him “your great” for crying out loud. We turned around and walked into the woods obeying them.

            We walked through the woods collecting every single piece of firewood we could. We figured we could impress him by bringing back enough firewood to do us a while. All of a sudden, I noticed that Blair dropped off of his firewood and just stared into the woods.

            “What’s wrong Blair? What do you see?” I asked him. He ignored me and walked deeper into the woods. I followed him. I began to get this strange filling. It felt like a magnet was pulling us into the woods. I began to see what got his so curious. It was a flashing green light. As we got closer, I noticed that this glowing green light was in the shape of a pyramid. It would glow green for a moment, then go completely black. It continued this routine as Blair continued to walk towards it. “Blair! What are you doing? Get the hell away from that thing!” I shouted. He ignored me and walked over to it. He reached out his hand and placed it on the pyramid. As soon as he touched it, it turned to a royal purple color and quake. I don’t know exactly what it was about it that attracted him so much, it was if it was talking to him. He continued touching the pyramid for several moments until the side of it opened.

            What stepped out of that pyramid was enough to make me s**t my pants. What was it? It was simply the unexplained. The creacher had gooey skin and a big blown up head. It had eight tentacles and razor sharp teeth. One of the tentacles reached out and grabbed Blair pulling inside the triangle.

            “Blair! What the f**k?” I shouted as the creacher wrapped another tentacle around him much like a constrictor. The door of the pyramid closed and blood began pouring out of it. “S**t!” I screamed as I took running though the woods back to camp.  “Nall! Nall! Nall! Please help! Something got Blair!” I shouted from outside his tent. He stepped out and stared me down again.

            “What the hell is the meaning of this?” Nall screamed growling.

            “Something got Blair! Something pulled him inside of some sort of glowing triangle!” I said explaining myself.

            “What the hell are you talking about boy? Quit f*****g playing around go get the damn firewood!” Nall shouted while slobbering all over my face. I wiped off my face and he turned his back to me. You don’t understand how bad I wanted to kick his goddamn a*s! The ground began to shake as a blinding white light flew over us. It was a round disc type spacecraft with a glowing green triangle on top of it. It stayed directly above us for several moments before finally disappearing into space leaving behind nothing but a boot containing the severed foot of Blair.

            So what was it? I honestly don’t know. But, I have no doubt in my mind that it was indeed an Unidentified Flying Object.


Copyright 2013 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of The Enchanted Press

A division of TTP Entertainment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
PXVY-5X6I-ICS6-4MLM

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected </p><p class=UPBV-DVGQ-YYWE-XOWK" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 

UPBV-DVGQ-YYWE-XOWK" width="150" height="40" src="http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2013 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
I hope you guys enjoy it! Please leave comments and tell me what you thing!

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Okay...I forgot my rule about not reading anything of yours before bedtime.
If I have nightmares tonight, Cody...it's all your fault!!!!

All kidding aside, Hun...great UFO story!!
You need some work on the writing mechanics...but your ideas are stellar! Keep it up!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Angel!

-CW
Angel

10 Years Ago

I've turned off my RR's until I can get caught up a bit...I have over 200 pieces people want me to r.. read more
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

It's good to hear Angel! I'm glad you are feeling better!



Reviews

Okay...I forgot my rule about not reading anything of yours before bedtime.
If I have nightmares tonight, Cody...it's all your fault!!!!

All kidding aside, Hun...great UFO story!!
You need some work on the writing mechanics...but your ideas are stellar! Keep it up!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Angel!

-CW
Angel

10 Years Ago

I've turned off my RR's until I can get caught up a bit...I have over 200 pieces people want me to r.. read more
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

It's good to hear Angel! I'm glad you are feeling better!
You voice is concise, but parts of the writing feel a little bumpy. Maybe omit or shorten description of Sgt Kenneth’s hair. (This might go for all the descriptions in that paragraph). You could also describe the comrades as we meet them instead. There are some nice descriptions, like “a lion with asthma.” Ha! - “What stepped out of that pyramid was enough to make me s**t my pants” - might as well make it so that he definitely did s**t them.
I can see that you are a good writer with a solid foundation and skills from which to work from. On this particular piece you'd just need to go over it a little to clean up a few small errors and add or subtract whatever your intuition tells you to


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
Wow! An excellent story...
this seriously gave me chills.
You are quite the storyteller!

:) Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Many thanks Julie!

-CW
A tale of the unborn that has not come to grips with the normal day of activity ... and quite often must stay active and noisy ... for it fears its own silence. Nice. Merry Christmas Cody.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks Dayran! Merry Christmas to you too!

-CW
My blood was pumping reading this marvelous story. Very UFO and imaginative but somethings you can't dicredit outright...Bravo.....................

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Many thanks Sami!

-CW
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Many welcomes...:)...............
Very scary story. THat was indeed a UFO, and I'll bet nobody wated to it=dentify it. I like the part where Blair"s severed foot is left behind. Put a nice finishing touch to the story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading Marie!

-CW
Excellent story, with the moral being, stay the hell out of Mary’s Lgloo!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

I like your take on it Michael! Thanks for sharing!

-CW
I personally am not a big UFO story fan, so I liked the narrative story telling aspect - more like a mini twilight zone episode.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading KL!

-CW
CW,that was great.Fast paced,descriptive.Great write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reading!

-CW

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

589 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 12, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013
Tags: science fiction, horror, fiction, Cody Williams

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..