"Ya Gotta Love That Married Life"

"Ya Gotta Love That Married Life"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

Dave just got divorced for the fifth time. He leaves town only to return with yet another wife. But this one want a whole lot more that just a husband.

"

“Ya Gotta Love That Married Life”

By Cody Williams

 

“If you didn’t kill Dave, then who did Mr. Mathews?” Scott Mayfield, a sheriff’s deputy, asked Andy Helms. Andy reached into his shirt pocket pulling out a cigarette and a lighter. He lit the cigarette and shoved it into his mouth. Andy then exhaled smoke and looked at Officer Mayfield.

            “Look, I know it sounds crazy. I certainly say that it sounds crazy. And to tell you the truth, I wouldn’t believe a damn word of it if I hadn’t seen it for myself.” Andy began as he took another whiff of his cigarette. “I can insure you that I didn’t kill him. It was the doll. It was Jill.” He said.

            “You mean to tell me that it was an inflatable doll who killed him? You got to be f*****g out of your Goddamn mind!” Officer Mayfield shouted while laughing hysterically.

            “I know how it sounds damn it! But it’s true. A few years back I saw Dave at a bar here in town He was so depressed. He drank and drank until the bartender finally cut him off and I drove him home. You see, that was a really rough year in Dave’s life. That was the year that he got divorced for the fifth time. Five times, wow. The son of a b***h was only 43 and already had a hand full of marriages. I didn’t want to leave him alone, but he insisted. He got out of my car and turned back to me saying: ‘you’ll see! I don’t need marriage! I’ll make it just fine on my own.’

            The crazy thing about Dave was, he hated being single. He loathed it. The damn fool was nearly suicidal when he got out of my car. That was the last time I saw him or even heard of him until yesterday.” Andy said. Officer Mayfield looked up at him with disbelief.

            “You mean to tell me, you didn’t even try to get in contact with your alleged best friend. You dropped him off and didn’t see him for three years?” Officer Mayfield asked. Andy took another whiff of his cigarette and looked Mayfield in the eyes.

            “No. I tried to get in contact with him. I continued to call him but he would never answer my calls. Hell, I even went to his house, but nobody lived there anymore. All of his stuff was gone. I didn’t know what to think. Then last week I went to that same bar and there he was, sitting at the bar talking to the bar tender. Only something was strangely different this time. He didn’t seem depressed. He seemed strongly happy. I walked over there and patted him on the back.

            ‘Hey there stranger.’ I told him. ‘Where have you been?’ I asked him. He stood up from his bar stool and hugged me.

            ‘Hey Andy! How are you doing?’ He asked me. I looked at him confused and pulled away.

            ‘Where the hell have you been?’ I asked him again. He sat back down on his bar stool and looked up at me with a smile.

            ‘I just had to get out of this town. So I left. I left and found the most beautiful woman in the world. We got married a couple weeks ago and I decided to move back here and bring her with me.’ He told me.

            ‘You could have told me! You worried me half to death! I didn’t know what the hell was going on!’ I shouted at him. He then looked up at me and frowned.

            ‘I’m sorry Andy! I just had to get away. I knew if I told you, you would have convinced me to stay.’ He said to me. ‘Let me make it up to you. Why don’t you come to dinner tonight with me and my wife, Jill?’ I looked at him trying to still be angry but I couldn’t. Dave’s the kind of guy who is just too goofy to stay mad at. I smiled at him and sat down beside him. ‘Okay. I’ll see you tonight.’ I said.” Officer Mayfield looked back up at Andy.

            “So you went to dinner with them and that’s when you killed him?” Mayfield asked. Andy looked up at him angrily.

            “Damn it no! I told you the Goddamn doll killed him. I dressed as nicely as I could that night because I wanted to make a good first impression. Dave seemed convinced that this would be the marriage that would stick. I got to the front door and he let me in.

            ‘Hey man! I’m glad you’re here! Come on in. But you must take off your shoes. The Mrs. Is a bit of a neat freak.’ He told me. I took off my shoes and left them at the door. ‘Follow me man, she’s in the living room. She’s dying to meet you. I told her everything about you.’ He told me as he led me into the living room. When I got in there, I simply couldn’t believe my eyes. Jill was a damn sex doll. One of those damn blow-up dolls that you buy online when you are too big of a loser, you can’t get a woman. He walked over to her and gave to a knelt down beside her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

            He walked back over to me and led me to the couch. I sat down on the couch and looked at him confused.

            ‘Andy, you and Jill sit down here and have a nice chat. Dinner will be done any moment.’ He said.

            ‘What do you mean have a nice chat? Dave, she a damn blow-up doll!’ I shouted at Dave. Dave looked at me with anger.

            ‘Why would you say that? He didn’t mean it honey.’ He said looking over at the doll. He left the room and went into the kitchen. I looked over at the doll. It was as if it was staring at me.  I moved around in my seat and it was as if its eyes were following me. I ignored it. I thought what you guys are probably thinking right now. That I was nuts.” Andy said to Officer Mayfield. “But I wasn’t. The doll was looking at me. It was looking at me with jealousy.

            That was the most uncomfortable dinner of my entire life. I didn’t know what the hell to make of it. At that point, I didn’t know if it was I that was crazy or if it was Dave. I got up from the table and walked to the bathroom. I came back into the dining room and there laid Dave on the floor with blood rushing out of him.

            ‘Dave!’ I shouted as I rushed over to aid him. But I was too late. Dave was dead. Standing over at the door was the doll holding a large kitchen knife marinated with Dave’s blood. The doll began to change. It was no longer a doll, but a woman. The woman dropped the bloody knife on the floor and walked out the door.” Dave said.

            “So you mean to tell me that the doll killed Dave and then turned into a real woman? Are you f*****g kidding me?” Mayfield shouted.

            “Look, I know how it sounds! But it happened.” Andy explained.

            “If it did happen, then why did she, it, whatever the hell you want to call it, why did it kill Dave?” Officer Mayfield asked him. Dave put out the cigarette and looked at Mayfield.

            “There could be many reasons. It could be greed, jealousy, but if you want my theory, she had to. She was using Dave. If she took his life she became a real girl. That would be the only explanation. That’s why she didn’t come after me too. She knew exactly what she was doing.” Andy said to Mayfield. Mayfield stood up and walked out of the room.

            “So what do you think?” A woman asked him.

            “The guy’s a complete whack job! Lock him up!” Mayfield said as he walked off.

“My pleasure.” The woman who looked an awful lot like the doll smiled with a wicked grin and looked at Andy.


Copyright 2013 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS

A division of TTP Entertainment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected </p><p class=KTYL-5LEZ-IKOY-XXL5" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 

KTYL-5LEZ-IKOY-XXL5" width="150" height="40" src="http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2014 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
This was really fun to write! Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Brilliant! Fantastic! Incredible!

I use to think that the way Americans told their horror stories left a great deal of gaps in between ... but these days ... I'm not so sure. You really went for the big one on this ... its the ultimate event in the life of the world ... someone in life going down ... and then someone yet unborn coming to life. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Dayran!

-CW



Reviews

I've always felt uneasy when it comes to dolls and maybe that's why I used to shave their head *grins*

Now, with this scary story, I'm gonna run away every time I see one.
Chucky!

Posted 7 Years Ago


its nice one.

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

welcome...
I don't think the "the doll did it" defense would have kept him out of jail. Good job and fine read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Jon!

-CW
Creeped me out Cody! Excellent

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Bob!

-CW
Brilliant! Fantastic! Incredible!

I use to think that the way Americans told their horror stories left a great deal of gaps in between ... but these days ... I'm not so sure. You really went for the big one on this ... its the ultimate event in the life of the world ... someone in life going down ... and then someone yet unborn coming to life. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Dayran!

-CW
Cool story. I like it. Very 'Twilight Zone' -ish.

It definitely needs some editing. 'I can insure you that I didn’t kill him'... 'insure should be 'assure'.

'Dave put out the cigarette and looked at Mayfield.'... since Dave has been murdered I'm guessing you meant Andy.

Hah! I just read some of the other comments and apparently I'm not the only one who sees a similarity to the Twilight Zone.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Craig. I have been getting that comment for a couple of stories not. I have to ad.. read more
I don't know you, but I'm worried about your sanity. You know, with medication and a straight jacket, you can live a relatively-normal--err, never mind; everything's going to be fine!" Lol; no, very Twilight Zonish!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Michael, I'm just you average everyday writer...nothing more, nothing less. I write a lot of horror .. read more
crazily fun to read. nice work Cody.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading it!

-CW
sonnie ibadah

10 Years Ago

ur welcome
You do need to go over the details, Cody. Icelanicblue is right. Tie up your threads. It is very like the Twilight Zone, but I'm not remembering the little girl's doll, but another one about a man who took a mannequin as his wife and insisted she was real.

I believe that one had a happy ending, though.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Marie!

-CW
icelandicblue

10 Years Ago

Oh Marie- it's a classic, with Telly Savalas (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734586/). Sometimes they .. read more
Wow this was crazy cool!!! Thanks for sharing this amazing write

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Rosaria!

-CW

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

655 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2014
Tags: horror, dark fantasy, science fiction, Cody Williams

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..