"The Lost Empire VI: Prophecy"

"The Lost Empire VI: Prophecy"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

The quest for the Lost Empire continues.

"

“Prophecy: A Lost Empire Story”

By Cody Williams

 

            James continued traveling the red dirt road as the man in black followed. He figured the shape shifter would no longer be a problem. He walked several more miles then his stomach began to growl and ache with hunger. He stopped for a moment and sat down on a large rock. James removed the metal hat from his head and whipped the sweat off of his forehead.

            ‘I have to get something to eat or I will never get back to Dillon. Don’t know that I will anyway, but at least if I’m alive, I still have a fighting chance.’ He thought to himself as he looked up in the trees hoping there would be fruit somewhere up in there. There was noting that he could see as the sun was blinding him. He once again began to hear rustling in the bushes across of him. He reached over to the quiver once again and pulled out the sword holding it out in defense.

            “Halt! Who goes there? Show yourself imminently!” James shouted to the bushes. The tussling stopped as a man stepped out of the bushes. The man was wearing clothes that weren’t really familer with James. He was dressed like a detective from the 1950’s. He was wearing a pair of brown dress pants, a white dress shirt with suspenders strapped around the shoulders holding up his pants, and a Sherlock Holmes style brown hat. He didn’t look that old. In fact, he looked like he was just in his twenties. The man raised his arms in peace and stepped away closer to James.

            “Halt! State your name!” James shouted with defense. The man smiled with a friendly smile.

            “The name is Walter. Walter Bing.” The man said in an Irish accent as he extended his arm for a handshake. James continued to hold the sword to his face and glare at him angrily. Walter raised his hand back up and sighed.

            “State you business!” James said to him.

            “I’m here to help you.” Walter said.

            “Help me do what. And why are you dressed in such a manner? You look like some sort of warlock or something. Dear God man!” James said in a combination with disbelief and anger.

            “I’ll explain my dress and where I came from in a moment dear friend. Just put the sword down and I’ll tell you everything.” Walter said as he put his hands down. James put the sword down and the two men sat down on rocks. Walter reached up grabbing his hat from his head and fanning himself. “Okay, I’ll tell you everything. My name is Walter Bing. I am from 1958. I live in a different dimension then you do. I came here through a thin spot.” Walter explained.

            “A different dimension? Thin spots? What the hell are you talking about?” James asked him confused.

            “A thin spot is kind of like a doorway between dimensions only it is not a direct doorway. The doorway of a thin spot is never fully closed like the rest of the doorways. A thin spot is really where two alternate dimensions bleed together. In fact, there is a thin spot at exit 5B in Tennessee. Only that leads to some ancient ape world or something. Anyway, when I found out where the thin spot to this one was located, I had to come find you.” Walter explained.

            “How did you even know about me? How did you even know I existed?” James asked intrigued. That was the great thing about saying all of this to a man from the Middle Ages. They weren’t as closed-minded as people are in Walter’s world. In fact, I think it’s safe to say if he said anything like this, he would be locked up in the Goddamn loony bin.

            “That’s not important. What is important is your destiny. I’m here to help you achieve it.” Walter said. James looked down at the ground and smiled and then looked back up at Walter.

            “What destiny? Am I going to save the universe or something?” James asked sarcastically. Walter looked at him dead on with a straight face.

            “Not just your universe, but all of them.”  He said to him.

            “What do you mean?” James asked.

            “You’re not going straight home. You can’t! We have to travel to Lowland.” Walter said. “It’s another dimension. We have to find the doorway to Lowland and stop her.” Walker continued.

            “Stop who?” James asked now hanging on Walter’s every word.

            “Her name is Bloody Mary. She is the over lord of all dimensions. She is slowly taking over every dimension. The Happy Place and Lowland are just to name a few. But Lowland is where it all started. The flagship empire if you will.” Walter kept explaining.

            “So, what you are saying is that I have to go to this place called Lowland to stop an evil overlord from becoming some type of God?” James asked in confirmation.

            “Exactly!” Walter said proudly. “But, she’s not the only one you have to worry about. There is someone else who used to be a Lowlander. He used to work for Bloody Mary until he decided to go it alone. Now he’s a wizard who just rakes havoc in every city he enters and is planning on taking over the thrown from Bloody Mary. He is hungry for power. He is thirsty for blood.” Walter said.

            ‘Who is this guy?” James asked.

            “He goes by many names. Some people call him Roger Flame. But to many he is known simply as The Man In Black.” He explained once more.

            “So this man in black, we want’s to be a God?” James asked. Walter reached behind him and pulled two apples off of a tree behind him. He tossed one to James and began eating one himself.

            “That’s exactly right!” Walter confirmed. “That’s why we have to hurry. I have a feeling he’s not too far away.” Walter said standing up. The two men stood up and continued to walk down the red dirt road while eating their apples. The man in black, or Roger, stepped out from behind the trees again.

            “He knows too much. I have to take him out before the damn Lowlanders find him.” He said as he reached down picking up a blue jay. He sunk his teeth into the neck of the bird biting its head off. He stepped back into the darkness and proceeded to follow them.


Copyright 2013 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of The Enchanted Press

A division of TTP Entertainment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected </p><p class=FVS4-9YR6-VQPZ-YVNH" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 

FVS4-9YR6-VQPZ-YVNH" width="150" height="40" src="http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2013 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
It's starting to gain traction. This introduces another main character who is so far my personal favorite. I hope you guys enjoy it! Please leave comments and reviews!

BTW, there are several references to some of my other work in this such as "The Happy Place". If you haven't read them, you probably won't get them.

Other Lost Empire stories
1. The Lost Empire I: The Twister (http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Cody_Williams/1231055/)

2. The Lost Empire II: The Man In Black (http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Cody_Williams/1237503/)

3. The Lost Empire III: The Road To Avon (http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Cody_Williams/1273412/)

4. The Lost Empire IV: The Flea Market (http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Cody_Williams/1273595/)

5. The Lost Empire V: The Shape Shifter (http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Cody_Williams/1283462/)

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Now we're picking up some steam, my friend! I'm liking this story more and more.
This has been in my rrs for awhile...I think I must have been sick when you put it up.
Two things:
It's wiping, not whipping. You wipe your face. Long ago, people would whip their slaves.
"He stood up, whipping his face"....what? Why would he hit himself in the face with a switch? That would really HURT!
"He stood up, wiping his face." Oh, he rubbed his hand across his face. I do that, myself, sometimes.

The other one...a sword goes in a sheath, or, more properly, a scabbard. Not a quiver. Arrows go in a quiver. If you don't believe me, look it up.
When you have your hero put his sword in a quiver, you confuse the reader. If you're going to write about medieval weapons, you need to know details like this. They are important.

Keep up the good work!!



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Angel! I believe you. I'll get around to changing it.

-CW
Angel

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Luv. I'm looking forward to your next installment...



Reviews

Now we're picking up some steam, my friend! I'm liking this story more and more.
This has been in my rrs for awhile...I think I must have been sick when you put it up.
Two things:
It's wiping, not whipping. You wipe your face. Long ago, people would whip their slaves.
"He stood up, whipping his face"....what? Why would he hit himself in the face with a switch? That would really HURT!
"He stood up, wiping his face." Oh, he rubbed his hand across his face. I do that, myself, sometimes.

The other one...a sword goes in a sheath, or, more properly, a scabbard. Not a quiver. Arrows go in a quiver. If you don't believe me, look it up.
When you have your hero put his sword in a quiver, you confuse the reader. If you're going to write about medieval weapons, you need to know details like this. They are important.

Keep up the good work!!



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Angel! I believe you. I'll get around to changing it.

-CW
Angel

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Luv. I'm looking forward to your next installment...
Well crafted and written CW. Still working through your other stories. Enjoying them immensely

Posted 10 Years Ago


Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Bob!

-CW
I really enjoyed this I will most certainly be looking into more of your stories and chapters when I have more time. Amazing job. xo Winter

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks Winter!

-CW
A promising teaser; I seem to remember something about The Man in Black, but I'm not sure!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Michael! More of The Lost Empire is to come! Stay tuned :)

-CW
The story progresses, coming together. - a few minor notes: familer with James = familiar to James; rakes havoc = wreaks havoc want's = wants

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading KL!

-CW
Good job so far you write the same kind of stuff that my friend writes.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading. My main area of focus is horror. But I do a little bit in science fiction and fa.. read more
Arianna Dean

10 Years Ago

She does not write on here that i know of but you can read some of her stuff on http://writingclubon.. read more
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Okay, I'll be sure to check her out. Thanks :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

490 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 20, 2013
Last Updated on December 20, 2013
Tags: fantasy, science fiction, alternative history, Cody Williams, knight, medieval, horror

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Coma Coma

A Poem by Stevo The POE-t