"The Little Red Haired Girl"

"The Little Red Haired Girl"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

A mysterious red haired girl appears in the hallway of a boy's dormitory. But why the little girl is still there is both haunting and frightening.

"

“The Little Red Haired Girl”

By Cody Williams

 

            Freddie White woke up startled in the bottom bunk of his bed in the dorm room at the sound of laughter. The laughter of a little girl. He sat straight up in his bed, turned, and placed his feet on the cold white floor tiles. He glanced over to the digital clock on his nightstand reading 2:03 in red numbers.

            ‘What would a little girl be doing in a boys dorm at two AM?’ he thought to himself. But that’s exactly what it sounded like. A little girl around the age of five. Freddie stood up from the bed and began to walk across the room to the door. He placed his hand on the doorknob and cracked it open. He peaked his head around the corner and there she stood. She was short and had long red curly hair. Freckles covered her face and she had baby blue eyes. She was wearing a checkered red and blue dress that reached just past her knees and small black leather not so high hills. She looked up at him and smiled.

            Every other of the florescent lights began to flicker on and off before finally going out. The hallway was now half lit. The little girl began laughing and skipping down the hallway. She reached then end of the hallway, turned to her right and disappeared around the corner. Freddie walked out into the hallway and shut the door behind him. He slowly began to walk down the hallway. He didn’t really know why, but he felt he needed to. He needed to know why the little girl was there and who she was. He reached then end of the hallway and turned around the corner.

            The little red haired girl continued skipping until reaching the end of the hallway. She turned to face Freddie and reached out her arms. Freddie walked towards her and knelt down beside her.

            “Who are you?” Freddie asked cheerfully. The little girl reached out and pulled him in close.

            “My name is Lidia! I want to show you something!” The little red haired girl told him. She reached out and grabbed him by the hand and led him out a big brown door with a red sign reading EXIT above it.

            At the back of the building was a tall grass filed with a railroad track at the top of the small hill. She walked him up the hill to the railroad track. She touched his hand again and felt a spark shoot up his entire body.

            He closed his eyes and what he saw was strangely familiar.

It was the little red haired playing with another guy. But this guy was much different. His skin was a strange gray color. He looked like he was about fifteen years old. He was wearing overalls and a gray button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up around his elbows. He had long curly black hair in the style of cornrows. Freddie could see him lead the little girl to the railroad track. He turned to her, but this time no longer in the playful way he did before. The man knelt down next to her and parted his lips revealing saber tooth tiger like teeth on the upper deck and the lower deck. He growled at her and shoved her onto the railroad track. What he saw next brought tears to Freddie’s eyes. The boy tied her to the train tracks and stripped her of her innocence and left her for dead. The next image he saw was a train coming closer and closer to the little girl and then the trail driving away and the bloody remains of the little girl severed and laying all around the train tracks.

Freddie opened his eyes and tears tolled down his face. He looked down at the little girl and she too began to cry. He knelt down next to her and hugged her before for she disappeared from his arms. He turned around to the door where the little girl stood next to the boy. He smiled at Freddie, bent down, picked her up, and threw her over his shoulders. The boy turned around and walked back in the building.

“Help!” Lidia shouted as she shrieked in terror. Freddie stood up, wiped the tears from his face and followed them inside. Freddie ran down the hallway after them, but was too late. They got in the elevator and rode it down the to basement floor.

“S**t!” Freddie shouted. He ran to the other end of the hallway out a brown door to the staircase. He ran down the stairs in his bare feet trying his best not to fall and tumble down them. After running down about five stories he finally reached the basement floor. He slowly walked towards the two. Lidia was sitting din a wooden chair tied with rope and what looked like a red bandana stuffed in her mouth.

“Don’t take another step!” The boy said.

“Why don’t you just let her go?” Freddie asked him.

“Because, she’s mine! She always has been mine.” He told him. The boy parted his teeth again revealing his long saber tiger like teeth and growled at him. Freddie’s heart began to beat out of control and his forehead dripping with perspiration.

“What are you? Are you some kind of monster?” Freddie asked him. The boy shook his head with amusement.

“I’m not your typical monster in the closet. I’m much worse than that! I am the beast! I represent the evil qualities in man.” The boy told Freddie. The boy put his arms around the little red haired girl and the two of them disappeared into the darkness of the basement.


Copyright 2013 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS

A division of TTP Entertainment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected </p><p class=ZCJW-W9VR-FTXF-XV0A" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 

ZCJW-W9VR-FTXF-XV0A" width="150" height="40" src="http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2013 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
This story is a spin off of a poem I have written by the same name. I hope you enjoy it! Please comment and review! Thanks for reading!

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, Cody...this is frightening, and it is also sad. It left me wanting to know more...how did the little girl get to belong to this beast in the first place?
The beast I get...it is the embodiment of all that is evil in mankind.
What a terrifying thought!!

This may be your best one yet...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Angel!

-CW



Reviews

Oh, Cody...this is frightening, and it is also sad. It left me wanting to know more...how did the little girl get to belong to this beast in the first place?
The beast I get...it is the embodiment of all that is evil in mankind.
What a terrifying thought!!

This may be your best one yet...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Angel!

-CW
wow, that's twisted and creepy. you really did it, nice work cody!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
I like part two of the story. I like the addition of the boy. I like the situation and the conversations. Closing conversation was my favorite. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
I liked it a lot! Keep up the good work you haven't disappointed me yet!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Ankara!

-CW
I love this, its mysterious, creepy and awesome :p I love the characters and the strangeness (which is totally a word :p) of the plot , nice job :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Jackson!

-CW
It sounds so scary.And that little red hair girl is very strange.She scares me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
Cody this is a good story, but I feel you could have done better with the ending. It seemed too abrupt.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Marie!

-CW
Scary deal, yet accurate, unfortunately!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Michael!

-CW
This was a really good way to spin off your poem. I enjoyed it. xo Winter

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Many thanks!

-CW

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

725 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 28, 2013
Last Updated on December 28, 2013
Tags: horror paranormal, supernatural, ghosts, Cody Williams

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Coma Coma

A Poem by Stevo The POE-t