Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
"Road Rage"

"Road Rage"

A Story by Cody Williams

“Road Rage”

By Cody Williams

 

1.

Darryl couldn’t help but grin when he looked down at his cell phone and he saw that his girlfriend, Sandy, had sent him a text message. He swiped the screen unlocking it and clicked READ NOW. The text message read:

Hey honey! Come to my house ASAP! I got a new outfit that I know you would love to see me model! See you soon! XOXO.

He leaped out of the chair in his room and shoved the cell phone back into his pocket. He quickly walked over to the coat rack next to his door and grabbed his beloved leather jacket off of it. Darryl slipped it on completing his white t-shirt and blue jeans greeser look and walked out of the door. He walked down the hallway and down the staircase to the living room. Darryl walked through the living room to the front door and opened it.

“Where are you going honey?” Darryl’s mom said walking into the living room from the laundry room. He rolled his eyes and sighed.

“Out.” Darryl simply replied. He walked out of the door and off the front porch to the driveway wanting nothing else to do with his mother. He had been waiting far too long to get into his girlfriends to be stopped by that b***h. In the driveway sat his prized position. It was his 1958 Plymouth Fury. He bought it used from a car dealer in the county.

The car was a complete still. It was cherry red with chrome rear and front bumpers and a white convertible top. It was in nearly perfect condition. The only flaw with it when he first got it was a small nick in the paint on the driver side door just below the window. But it was an easy fix. A little bit of touch up paint and it was just like new again.

He only paid fifty dollars for it. You see the car had a bit of a dark past. The former owner’s name was Oscar Stephens. He had the car for years. One weekend when he was on a business trip he came back home and the car had been moved out of the garage where it was never supposed to leave unless he was driving it. When he walked up to it he saw that somebody was dead inside. He couldn’t even tell who the poor girl was. Whoever, or whatever killed her ripped her face clean off along with one of her legs.

After seeing that Oscar did things that I don’t think that anyone would even question. He put the car up for sale for only fifty dollars. When Darryl showed interest in buying it the man claimed the reason he is selling it for so cheap is that the smell of the rotting flesh is still inside the car. Some smells are harder to get rid of you know? But he didn’t even think twice about buying it. Darryl didn’t give a s**t. A car’s a car. Only one more thing to show everybody what a big bad a*s he was.

Darryl walked to the driver’s side of the car and opened the door. He got in Carly, which is what he named it, and slammed the car door shut. He put the key in the ignition and started it. The put of the engine put a smile to his face. Still grinning, he looked into the rear view mirror and began running his hands through his wavy black hair. He gave himself a wink and then put on his typical badass sunglasses. Darryl reached down putting the car into reverse and back out of the driveway into the road. He put the car into drive and began driving.

 

2.

Darryl wasn’t one to obey the speed limit. The thought of his girlfriend who he has been trying to get in the sack of at least six months drove him wild. His foot began getting closer and closer to the floorboard with anticipation. He merged onto the highway passing a sign reading TURKEY TOWN. Turkey Town was a small community just outside the city. Sandy lived in about the center of Turkey Town, which started on the old Andrew Harington Highway but often referred to now as The Lost Highway. The speed limit through this road was thirty miles per hour. Darryl was easily going fifty-five.

This was not so strange behavior. Even large dump trucks that often roam up and down the road go well over the speed limit. They go that speed because they know they can get away with it. There is only one police officer that stays in the limits of Turkey Town and he is too Goddamn lazy to get off of his fat a*s and patrol. Instead, he just sits on his a*s in the local police department stuffing his face with doughnuts.

He continued to go dangerously over the speed limit until finally gaining up on a small rusted out black Chevrolet Omega. It was most ugly car he’d ever seen. The car was going dead on thirty miles per hour.

“Just perfect! The day finally comes when I get to get some and I get stuck behind a Goddamn grandpa on the way!” Darryl said to himself. He slammed on the brakes slowing down to thirty miles per hour and road the bumper of the ugly black car. “Come on you son of a b***h! Let’s go!” Darryl shouted out of the window impatiently. He began honking the horn of the car forcefully. “Let’s go mother f****r!” Darryl shouted out the window again. The small black car’s speed continued to get slower and slower. First at thirty then at twenty-five.

It was strange, but he couldn’t see anyone in the car. The rear windshield was that damn tented glass that you can’t see in…but they can see out. Darryl glanced at his speedometer as the orange/red needle continued to drop. Now they both going just fifteen miles per hour. Darryl’s face began to get red with anger.

‘This son of a b***h is just doing this to f*****g piss me off!’ Darryl thought to himself and then began honking the horn once more. He began to swerve his car backwards and forwards trying to find a way around the car but the Omega continued to cut him off as the needle still continued to drop. The two of them were now going just five miles per hour and steam practically began poring out of Darryl’s ears with anger.

Then the little black car did something unexpected. It pulled over to the side of the road and stopped. Then a man with several tattoos up and down his arms stuck his arm out the window and motioned for Darryl to go around him. A smirk came over Darryl’s face and slammed the throttle down to the floorboard while smoking the rear tires and flipping the bird to the man in the black Omega. The man just smiled as Darryl passed him.

 

3.

            “F**k you mother f****r.” Darryl said with a smirk on his face while flipping off the rear view mirror. But something was strange this time. Darryl looked down at his speedometer and the needle was pointing at 45. He glanced back up into the rear view mirror at the little black car and it was right there with him closely in pursuit. “What the f**k?” Darryl shouted, as he pressed harder on the throttle launching him to 55.

            The Omega continued to follow at an unsafe distance. Darryl continued staring at the rear view mirror trying to get a good look at the man in the car behind him. He just couldn’t see his face. All he could see was the man’s tattoo covered arms. He looked down at the speedometer once more that was now reading 65 and he began sweating bullets.

            “What the hell to you think you’re doing man? Get off my a*s!” Darryl shouted out the window looking back at the car. He pulled himself back in and continued the drive reaching 80 miles per hour. That’s when he first got the idea. You know what they say, pay back’s a b***h. He began to apply the brakes and the speedometer needle began to drop. He continued breaking until reaching about thirty then the bumper of the black car behind him crashed in to his perfect rear chrome bumper.

            “What the f**k? You stupid a*****e!” Darryl shouted out the window again as he once again to pick up speed. But nothing changed. The black car continued glued to his bumper all the way back up to eighty miles per hour. Sweat continued poring like someone was holding a water hose over his head with fear.

            They both reached the coveted 100 miles per hour mark with the black car still in hot pursuit of Darryl.

            ‘There’s only one shot I have to get away from this b*****d! I need to turn into the church parking lot!’ Darryl thought to himself. The two of them were now going evenly 120 miles per hour. When Darryl reached the turn off to the church parking lot he slammed on the breaks and took a hard right. The front bumper of the black car nailed the corner of 1958 Plymouth Fury spinning it around and flipping it over into the church parking lot.

            “S**t!” Darryl shouted as all four tires launched into the air. The car did a complete flip before finally landing on its roof. The man in the black car slammed on his breaks and turned the car around in a complete 360. He drove the car back up the road and turned into the church parking lot. The black car pulled beside the Plymouth and Darryl clamed out through the shattered driver’s side window.

            The driver’s side door of the black Omega swung open and the man stepped out. The man was big and muscular with his arms covered in tattoos. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt and black jeans. He had black leather workboats with what looked like blood stains on them. He slowly walked over to Darryl who was just standing there in awe.

            The man reached into his pocket pulling out a switchblade pocketknife. He pushed the button at the center of the knife and the knife popped out. He began to slowly glide the knife against the bare skin on Darryl’s throat as Darryl trembled with fear.

            The man smiled revealing his yellow stained teeth with a couple of the top ones missing.

            “What…what do you want?” Darryl asked him losing his badass attitude. The man just smiled at him.

            “What the hell do you think?” The man said giggling while wearing a wicked smile and Darryl began to scream with fear as the man began sliding the knife into his throat with ease.


Copyright 2014 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS

A division of TTP Entertainment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected </p><p class=UCMB-LET0-EX7Q-TFMA" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 

UCMB-LET0-EX7Q-TFMA" width="150" height="40" src="http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2014 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
"Road Rage" was a story that was in development for a few days. I first got the idea for the story the summer I turned 16. I had just gotten my drivers license when I was involved in a road rage incident (I, Uh, get angry sometimes when I drive). There was no wreck. Hell, the two of us never got out of our cars. I took a hard right turn and the guy just kept driving.

Anyway, I began to think about how bad it could have gone. This story never did leave my mind. Every now and then it would pop back up in my mind. Despite this being inspired written by something that really happened, it IS fiction. There's not truth to the characters. At the end of the day it IS fiction.

However, you can imagine what a terrifying event this was for a young man who drives fast and just got his license. So I decided to write it down.

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys enjoy it! Comments are always welcome!

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yeah. Christine. Are you familiar with that story?

Darryl got a '58 Plymouth up to 120mph? Amazing!

Your editing still needs some work but as you learn more English grammar you'll get a lot better. There are parts where your sentences are short and choppy; they need to develop into longer smoother sentences that slide into one another comfortably.

You'll get there. Thumbs up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW



Reviews

An unexplained encounter on the public road that turns into something personal ... causing a person to turn to church. Its reminiscent of a great many things we didn't expect but found it over the head. But the reference to speed or the experience of moving ... to keep on moving ... appears significant in our affairs as the need to keep going. As long as we keep moving ... we're all right. Nice write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Dayran!

-CW
Probably not too far from reality, like you said. There's some SCARY dudes who belong in a boxing ring (IF you're lucky!), not behind the wheel!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Michael!

-CW
A little bit of Christine, and a little bit of Duel mixed in. Vivid, and projects the gotta have it now/yesterday attitude, of the modern age! Good stuff!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Jay!

-CW
Yeah. Christine. Are you familiar with that story?

Darryl got a '58 Plymouth up to 120mph? Amazing!

Your editing still needs some work but as you learn more English grammar you'll get a lot better. There are parts where your sentences are short and choppy; they need to develop into longer smoother sentences that slide into one another comfortably.

You'll get there. Thumbs up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
Shades of "Christine" (red, that is...)

Very exciting. I've been guilty of road rage myself, but this story should make anybody think twice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Marie!

-CW
Road rage - we can all relate - at least up until the end

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading KL!

-CW
Cool story, love the simple yet wonderfully strange plot :p

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Jackson!

-CW
A wonderful and suspensful story. That town reminded me with Mayberry and its one cop and his deputy. I like the supernatural elements in this write like controlling the speed and so forth. Pen on these great ones...:)...........

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Sami!

-CW
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...Any time...:).....................
Darryl is driving Christine Hahaha :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Chad!

-CW

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2014
Last Updated on January 2, 2014
Tags: horor, action, thriller, Road Rage, Cody Williams

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing