"Something For The Pain"

"Something For The Pain"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

We all need a little something for the pain!

"

“Something For The Pain”

By Cody Williams

 

1.

It had only been about a week since Nancy broke it off with him. The scene continued to play on and on in his mind as if he had lost the remote to the TV it was playing on. He could smell her scent. She was wearing that Twilight Woods perfume that he loved so much.

            Still, it didn’t stop him from catching the eye of another woman sitting at the opposite end of the bar he was on. He tried to pay no attention to it but soon found himself staring back at her. She was tall and beautiful. Her blonde hair reached down her back about halfway. The woman was wearing a tight leather jacket along with a black blouse and a pair of black leather pants. Her face was fair without blemish upon it. Her bangs covered her forehead and stopped where her eyebrows began. The lipstick on her lips was a hot pink color.

            Should I buy her a drink? He asked himself. To be honest he didn’t know himself. He had dated Nancy for two years before she finally broke it off. They had been fighting the end for a while. He knew that, but he refused to realize it. He looked over to the bar tender to order her a drink, but before he could speak, the bartender sat a shot of whiskey in front of him along with the bottle. Jack Daniels. His favorite.

            “The cutie at the end of the bar asked that I bring this to you. It’s on her!” The bar tender said. He looked at the woman at the end of the bar and motioned for her to join him. She smiled at him with a seductive grin and he looked back at the bar tender.

            “Can you give me another shot glass?” He asked. The bartended smiled and turned around, grabbed one off one of the shelves behind him, and placed it next to the other one. “Thanks!” He said as the woman took the stool next to him.

            “Hi there handsome! What’s your name?” She asked. He thought for a moment. Looked down at the shot of whiskey that was basically crying out for him, and drank it. “Edgar!” He said after he took the shot. She smiled at him and poured him another. “What’s your name?” Edgar asked trying not to be rude.

            “Julie! Julie Donaldson.” She replied. Edgar smiled back at her and took another shot of whiskey. “So, Edgar, what’s your story?” She asked him. Edgar gave her a strange expression.

            “Story?” He asked not really knowing what to answer.

            “Yeah your story! You are sitting here alone in a bar on a Saturday night! Is the girlfriend having a girls night out or something?” She asked him. Edgar closed his eyes for a moment and looked down at the bar. He reopened them and looked back up at Julie.

            “No! We broke up.” Edgar said as he managed to put on a fake smile hold back the tears that he desperately wanted to let loose. The seductive grin on Julie’s face faded away and the expression of sympathy arose.

            “I’m sorry to hear that hone! What do you say I buy you another bottle of Jack?” Julie asked. Edgar smiled back and nodded his approval.

            “So, what’s your story honey?” Edgar asked. The smile reappeared on Julie’s face and she looked at him. “What’s a gorgeous woman like yourself doing alone at a bar on Saturday night?” He asked.

            “Let’s just say…I’m still searching for the right one.” She said. The bartender brought over another bottle of Jack and sat it next to Julie. Edgar grabbed it and poured them both another shot.

            “Well then, here’s something for the pain!” Edgar said. The two clanged their shot glass together and each took a shot.

 

2.

Edgar followed Julie as they walked up a staircase in an apartment building down town. Part of him wondered how he had gotten there, but the truth is he knew. The two of them drunk a lot whiskey as he had taken her up on the offer to stay at her place so he wouldn’t have to drive home. He wouldn’t have minded to drive home. He figure if he got home safely, great, he died in a car crash on the way…well that was even better. But he didn’t argue.

            As they reached the top of the stairs, Julie walked into the dark hallway and turned to face the first door on the left. The reached into her purse and pulled out a set of keys. She placed one of them into the keyhole, turned it, and door swung open. She looked back and smiled at him. Edgar smiled back and followed her into her apartment as she closed the door behind them. He looked around for a moment. The walls of the living room were painted white. To his left there was a long sofa and to his right there was a flat screen television sitting on a bookshelf.

            “Have a seat there on the couch! I’ll go get us something to drink!” She said as she walked by him and into the kitchen. Edgar sat down.

            You shouldn’t be doing this! Edgar said to himself. You’ll be taking advantage of her! He thought.

            “No I won’t!” He muttered. “She would be taking advantage of me!” He continued. Something’s not right here! She drank just as much whiskey as you did and didn’t even affect her! Edgar thought to himself again.

            “She just has a higher tolerance than I do! That is all!” He mumbled again. Julie walked back into the living room with another bottle of Jack and two glasses. She sat them down on the coffee table in front of them and sat down next to him. Julie poured some of the whiskey into both glasses and handed him one.

            “Cheers!” She said. Edgar raised his glass and then the two drank the whiskey. They slammed the glasses onto the coffee table and paused. Julie looked at Edgar. A glaze has seemed to come over his eyes. “You look tired! Maybe you should go to the bedroom and lie down!” She said to him. Edgar smiled and Julie stood up. She grabbed him by the arm and led him to his feet. Julie walked him over to a door beside the TV and opened it. It was dark inside. She smiled at him and walked him in the door and shut it behind them.

 

3.

Edgar looked around for a moment and waited for his eyes to adjust. He reached over to a light switch but Julie intercepted him and swatted his hand away. She grabbed him by the shirt collar and led him over to a bed and threw him on the bed. Julie leaped on top of him and began to remove his shirt.

            You shouldn’t be doing this! Something isn’t right! Why wouldn’t she let you turn on the light!” Edgar thought to himself. He ignored it and assisted her in taking off his pants. Julie reached up and kissed him. He kissed her back as she took off the jacket, blouse, and leather pants and threw them down to the floor.

            Julie and Edgar laid there thrusting. Edgar grunted as Julie let out a soft moan. He should be doing it. He knew that. But as he looked up at her beautiful b cup breasts flopping around, he didn’t care. They continued for a moment but then Edgar noticed that Julie started to change. Her beautiful face began to glow green before it finally changed completely. Her face turned black and began to resemble the head of a praying mantis except that the base her head where her mouth used to be were pinchers over half the size of her head. Her arms also turned black and began to look a lot like that of a mantis.

            “What the f**k!” Edgar shouted as attempted to push the insect off of him. The insect grabbed him and forced him back onto the bed and continued to grind him. Edgar just stared at the creature as it slowly reached down with its arms and grabbed his head. She finished and slowly raised his head up and placed it in between the pinchers. The creature closed the pinchers and Edgar’s head tumbled off onto the floor.

            “Well, that was great!” Julie said as she turned back into her former self and tossed Edgar’s headless body into the floor.


Copyright 2014 by Cody Williams
Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS
A division of TTP Entertainment
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected <br>RTPS-7E3M-OZVA-V6DF

© 2014 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
I need a little something for the pain... ;)

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this. Really well written

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Zoe!

-CW
In most cases ... they would have thereafter dated ... then one day get married ... have kids ... and when Edgar is 60 years old ... she would be chewing his head off. But I like your version better. It saves time .

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Dayran!

-CW
I like the scary twist at the end after the hot action commenced. I like the message which KL has already referred too. Something for the pain can be deadly or more painful. Excellent...:)................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Sami!

-CW
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome....:)........
Yes, every man's worst nightmare, that the woman he brings home from the bar isn't quite what he thought ... (watch grammar and spelling, give it a good look.)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

I will. Thanks for reading KL!

-CW

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2014
Last Updated on October 26, 2014
Tags: horror, psycological horror, suspense, thriller, sex, insects, prose, short story, literary, Cody Williams

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing