Myocardial Feather Dance

Myocardial Feather Dance

A Poem by Cole Hayley
"

"Poems", a 12 Part Series

"
Myocardial Feather Dance 

I start to feel my heart
It beats according to shape
I write to this rhythm
Myocardial feather dance 
Something prancing
Keeping me going

I lost my muse to museums 
But shes better there, happier
She was as pretty as a picture 
With hair thin like mycelium 

So I write to my ceiling fan 
So celebratory and celibate 
Feeling my heart 
Attempting communication 
Getting close to knowing Morse Code. 

© 2017 Cole Hayley


Author's Note

Cole Hayley
So I've got a lot of writing done over the past year that doesn't really fit my typical writing style. I've started organizing these under a pseudonym: KR (my other initials).

It is hard to believe that at one point I was a regular poster on here, and I don't know if it is October or if it is just a need to document these poems but I am determined to become a regular poster again. So with that being said, the entire month of October I will be posting a poem every day (and trying to get some reviews in).

Some of these poems will be under my name, but the majority of these will be KR. "Poems" is a 12 part collection by KR and it is meant to be a focused look on cheerful things. I typically write sad sap poetry, but I wanted to really write about the small, great things in my life. This poem, I hope, really sets the table for this journey. I'll be posting poems from "Poems" for the next week and a half.

After that I'm not sure if I'll do another collection or I'll just post some of my favorites. Either way, lets do this.

Hope you enjoyed the first, Myocardial Feather Dance!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed it, but it's hard to put into words what it means...to me, it captures the feeling of joy and exhilaration, "Myocardial feather dance" is a good way to describe that feeling that you get when you're around a new crush or when you have some free time to finally write something fun. Like I remember, you included a few unexpected words that pop and give the poem momentum while making for some interesting imagery at the same time: "the title itself, "mycelium," etc. I liked it! Will read through the rest.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I enjoyed this poem. Learning new ways to feel and to think. Hard lessons we shall learn. I liked the honest thoughts leading to a logical ending. Thank you Cole for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2017
Last Updated on October 2, 2017
Tags: cole hayley, writing, poetry, poem

Author

Cole Hayley
Cole Hayley

Montreal, Canada



About
25 / Canada I'm back ;) New series: "Name one thing in this photo" 1. Grocery list and a Love letter 2. Went Wrong 3. 24 4. The Pacific Theater 5. A SATA cable frayed 6. One Thing 7. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..