When I Speak of Pain

When I Speak of Pain

A Poem by William Liston
"

The title describes it

"
My heart is torn ...
An art is born ...
The black ink boiling in my pen
shall speak of times
when weakened minds
endure the pains of life again.

Oh hear the mourn
~ each burden worn
ignites a flare within my soul.
My vision's blurred ...
each tear obscured 
the happiness of life in whole.

Evoked from pain
and joys that wane,
desires scream a cry unheard
to give this tale,
so those in hell
can see a tear behind each word.

© 2017 William Liston


Author's Note

William Liston
I hope you enjoy. Please leave an honest review. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Outstanding piece ! There is life in this write and one is forced( positively) to feel the emotions behind. When I speak of pain-. A very apt title to this piece. I also find a sublime link of your poem -pain and pen in this write.
Wanting to be heard, a desire to let out those painful emotions and what not. When in pain, everything seems dim and lifeless, and tears become reality of our existence. Wonderful write and all the three stanzas are equally emoting.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

You're right. This poem and "Pain and a Pen" are very similar, both structurally and thematically. I.. read more
Manu

7 Years Ago

My pleasure :-)



Reviews

We so often in writing of pain do as you express in your words; we release it, and in doing so perhaps shall help another who struggles understand and perhaps deal better with the pain they experience.
I, as you know that writing is a positive way to deal with the hurt inside, the hurt outside, and all that comes in-between as so many others also have learned.
Write on...........let the ink in your pen flow! I note you are influenced by the words of Poe; perhaps you shall be as he and inspire another to understand why they are in such agony!
Excellent rhyming with a lasting message deserves a good rating!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

I agree with your words. Poetry has been a cathartic experience for me. It has helped me release sor.. read more
This is sad and enchanting composition. I loved reading it on the whole :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

You are welcome ☺
Your a great writer. Keep up the good work young man!

Posted 7 Years Ago


William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
This is hauntingly beautiful. The way the poem flows is magical; it kinda feels like a wonderfullly choreographed dance. I have read a lot of high leveled poems for my twelve tears, one of my greates influences being Poe-like you. To be honest though, I have never seen such unique and real writing from a teen as I have just seen from you. This is wonderful.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your stellar review. I'm glad you enjoyed this piece. I focused a lot on the flow, so .. read more
Hyacinth

7 Years Ago

No need to thank me, I just call it like I see it. What i see here is, well, exactly what I describe.. read more
Well you leave me in a quandary here William, as I can honestly say that this is the first piece I have ever read that I cannot find the words suitable enough to review. Three short verses, with which the first blew the door off its hinges of my mind, as the others followed and totally owned my thoughts. To say the first verse is what we strive for in poetry is an understatement, and a disservice to what follows, as this piece will linger in my mind for a long time to come. A perfect write, what more can I say?

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your meaningful review. I'm glad it could have that impact on you.
William...I sense so much more behind the words when I read this poem. I love the flow, but more importantly, I love the feelings generated from your words...the glimpse of pain that spills into words. Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Your words mean a lot to me, ReedWrite (or whatever your real name may be). Thank you for such a mea.. read more
This is an awesome piece , I really felt your pain beneath these words . Remarkable work !

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LM
Lovely phrases that speak volumes! I can't help but wonder what causes or inspires such pain? Its very sad but intriguing. You know how to write and structure words that captivate ones soul. It's hard to even think of or try to find anything wrong with something that is simply art, beautiful the way it is.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed.
Hello William Liston,

This is great! You've done a wonderful job, not only with the rhyme scheme but with the topic as well.

Thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

Schatzi



Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
Striking poem William. Very good. The pain radiates.
I do like you word choices very much and your rhymes and flow are well done.
The first two lines really struck me. So simply yet, art born of pain... It's perfect.
Well done. Overall a very fine poem.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your compliments. I'm glad you could feel the emotion in this piece.
April Showers

7 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1773 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 29, 2016
Last Updated on June 10, 2017
Tags: pain, poetry, sorrow, writing

Author

William Liston
William Liston

About
Get your own valid XHTML YouTube embed code I'm an amateur poet who's been writing for about three and a half years. Some of my influences include Edgar Alla.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


MASKS MASKS

A Poem by ReedWrite


Love Smoke Love Smoke

A Poem by Paul Bell