When I Speak of Pain

When I Speak of Pain

A Poem by William Liston
"

The title describes it

"
My heart is torn ...
An art is born ...
The black ink boiling in my pen
shall speak of times
when weakened minds
endure the pains of life again.

Oh hear the mourn
~ each burden worn
ignites a flare within my soul.
My vision's blurred ...
each tear obscured 
the happiness of life in whole.

Evoked from pain
and joys that wane,
desires scream a cry unheard
to give this tale,
so those in hell
can see a tear behind each word.

© 2017 William Liston


Author's Note

William Liston
I hope you enjoy. Please leave an honest review. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Outstanding piece ! There is life in this write and one is forced( positively) to feel the emotions behind. When I speak of pain-. A very apt title to this piece. I also find a sublime link of your poem -pain and pen in this write.
Wanting to be heard, a desire to let out those painful emotions and what not. When in pain, everything seems dim and lifeless, and tears become reality of our existence. Wonderful write and all the three stanzas are equally emoting.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

You're right. This poem and "Pain and a Pen" are very similar, both structurally and thematically. I.. read more
Manu

7 Years Ago

My pleasure :-)



Reviews

A powerful poetry indeed! I love how you began - "My heart is torn ...An art is born ..."
A deep reflective poetry of the state of human emotions! You are indeed a sensitive writer. So glad to have read your work. Keep writing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

I'm glad to be considered a "sensitive writer." Thank you for reviewing.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Definitely beautiful yet also very well-written. I love how you ended it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
beautifully written piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
costa siwale

7 Years Ago

you are welcome Liston
"Sometimes I have to lose You to gain my Pen", Your whole poem blew from this sentence for me, many writers need pain to create, and for this they attract more of it to their lives even without noticing, You have such a magical flow with words, I believe this gave Your write more power, as a 15 Years old I feel how very deep You are, You are aware enough of emotions and feelings, still very calm while dealing with them, You seem to me to be really special, I wish You all the best*

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed. Thanks for reviewing.
Your words breathe out a depth of this pain, of this place of thirst and aching. The deeper the joy one has known, the deeper pain can feel when it rises, when it comes to devour us. Yet you show so clearly that sometimes through a broken heart, words flow and paint the page with life.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed.
Great. This is very brilliantly done eith such skill i could never right something like this. It is so wonderfully deep. You have a real gift. You have a bright future ahead of you. My brain thinks of good stuff just not as good as this. No were close to this. You have a way with words that many could only dream of. Your work flows so perfectly together. No words i can say do this piece justice. But keep on doing this because you a great at it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your compliments on my skill. I'm glad you enjoyed.
I'm so envious of your skill at using meter, especially with such an emotional theme! Age shouldn't be mentioned but needs be: if you can write like this at your age, it's a case of 'Look out world, another great is on the way!'

May i ask, does writing structured verse come easily to you, do you pre.plan, do you just write then edit?

My only criticism is immense envy. Bravo for the writing's structure, use of words and sadness of understandable emotion. .

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your compliments. I truly appreciate it.

As far as writing stru.. read more
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

But you work at them, and, that;s what matters. Must come back and read and learn. Others have tri.. read more
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

awful punctuation, sorry.
This is a great poem with profound emotions and outstanding metaphors. The tears of life can and often obscure the happiness and joy of life. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed.
Beautiful and deeply heartfelt, I also appreciate the form and lyrical quality attached to such darkened emotions. Thank you for showing your soulfulness and compassion in such a journey of anguish and pain.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much Marianne. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1773 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 29, 2016
Last Updated on June 10, 2017
Tags: pain, poetry, sorrow, writing

Author

William Liston
William Liston

About
Get your own valid XHTML YouTube embed code I'm an amateur poet who's been writing for about three and a half years. Some of my influences include Edgar Alla.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Smoke Love Smoke

A Poem by Paul Bell


MASKS MASKS

A Poem by ReedWrite