My muse is ...

My muse is ...

A Poem by William Liston
"

a scribble in free verse

"
 
My muse is
the faint shadow
between a lonely sigh
and a falling tear

She's the night sky
without its stars,
the beauty in simplicity,
and the seconds 
barely lived 
before a waking dream

She's that moment
before emotions 
reach their palms,
the infinite specks of black
within a 
raven's feather

She's soft but haunting,
as her words,
crackling like shattered glass
beneath a falling sky,
whisper daisies in my ear
I love her more
than I love the sound
of a soft shower
misting grass
in vaporous breaths ~

more than I love the feel
of a woman's 
soft hips and 
smooth thighs
No,
my muse is not
the rose in fresh spring
or a soft blade of grass
in its dark green,

but she is
the radiant mystery
of a flickering candle ~
the sparkling glint in a flaw
like an infant
with one red freckle


© 2017 William Liston


Author's Note

William Liston
This probably makes no sense outside of my own mind, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this piece. Please leave an honest review. Constructive criticism is welcomed and encouraged.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I always say that when You write, it's not necessarily that all will understand You, but at the same time they should show respect to Your words. ( to the words in Your note).
As much as this poem is deeply personal, as much as I know that anyone who will come to read will relate and find him/her self within Your gentle words, You glow so brightly here, so elegantly, expressing Your true inner self with all its concepts in such a breathtaking way, it's not about Your muse, but also about You, behind these lines You stand with all Your characters, one persona through the tides, and just faithfully love her as she is, no more or less, because then it will slip from the enchanting ethereal luring perfection You dwell her in, she is a full of contradictions, but these contradictions what inspire You, because life is that way too, she can be heaven... but You wouldn't mind to taste a little bit of her hell too.
Your talent is Your ability to paint emotions with such a purely affective way, really powerful, You are a spiritual person.
My favorite poem of You till now, just perfectly gorgeous, sheer brilliancy!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

6 Years Ago

Light, I think you've explained this poem better than I ever could.
Thank you so much for you.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mum
it for sure gives your mind something to focus on. I could see everything I was reading. it is beautiful in its own way. great work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words.
This was written with deep intelligence. I connect with the idea of a muse, without mine i am paralyzed and art and expression becomes only a burden. Beautiful wording throughout.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words.
Your muse requires no criticism, Will. I found your verses quite awakening, and utterly beautiful.

"She is
the night sky
without its stars,
the beauty in simplicity,
and the seconds
barely lived
before a waking dream"

May you keep nurturing with awe and brilliance - it is a pleasure to see what unfolds!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Kelly.
Your descriptions of this woman is beyond material appearance, but the essence she bring in the world. It's not something you see so much in modern poetry, which is why I was drawn to that aspect, including the fact that every line was as beautiful as the next. This is kind of like how a person drowning in love would perceive the perfect lover, yet, these defining attributes makes the love seem out of reach. That cryptic ending is what led me to that belief, though I could be completely wrong. Anyways, nicely done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

William Liston

7 Years Ago

To be honest, I don't think there is a "completely wrong" when it comes to this piece ... it's rathe.. read more

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1038 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2017
Last Updated on June 12, 2017
Tags: woman, beauty, muse

Author

William Liston
William Liston

About
Get your own valid XHTML YouTube embed code I'm an amateur poet who's been writing for about three and a half years. Some of my influences include Edgar Alla.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee