A Jump Away

A Jump Away

A Story by CompellingComposer
"

something from boredom

"

 It was time for him to reach his end. He stood at the edge of the building, only a jump away from life to death. The wind whipped violently across his face, giving his skin a burning sensation. The thought that he would soon be with Gloria again made his heart race. He had promised to always protect her. He felt that if he didn't have her to keep his word to, he had failed and had no reason to live anymore. His arms ached from cutting, but he paid them no mind, anymore. He wouldn't have to feel his physical or emotional pain anymore. He looked down upon the city. The city was busy, as usual. He saw the cars, the rushing, small figures of people, and the sounds of talking and movement. He heard footsteps behind him, coming for him. Instead of jumping, he felt the urge to turn around. He did so, and saw her. Gloria. There in all her beauty, the wind blowing her hair in all directions. She looked at him with pleading eyes. Without making a sound, she was begging him not to jump. She reached out a hand to pull him down, but he refused.

 

 “I’m sorry,” he said. “I just can’t wait anymore. I need you.”

 

 Then he jumped.

© 2010 CompellingComposer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 30, 2010
Tags: suicide, jump, megan, fiction, story

Author

CompellingComposer
CompellingComposer

NC



About
My name is Megan and I have been writing poems since 4th grade and stories since 6th. I'm very, very young, as I've noticed from the ages of my fellow writers on this site. Yes, I am only 13, but writ.. more..

Writing