She

She

A Chapter by Consp04

The girl in her early twenties looked for the umpteenth time at the horizon, where the sun was about to rise. The calm sea waves brushed against her feet and the salty winds blew her brownish-black hairs. Tears waited to jump out of her lotus leaf shaped eyes as she heard the heart-wrenching pleads of girls to save them from the undeserved death!

“Almighty Lord, why this injustice to us? When you always blessed us in our happy times, why leave us alone in our misery? Send another sweep of your blue water & let us all meet this inevitable- together & for and all!”

Alex shuddered listening to this painful plea. Truly, the prayers were last option for the residents of Tryln Cay. Exception, if the UK governmental officials forgot the enmity & dispatched military and medical help for the 108 helpless residents of Cay.

As the painful cries withered away, Alex headed towards the rocky outcrops where remaining islanders mourned over the 28th death since last seven days.

“Get up, Mr. Richard. Hayden & Hailey needs to be buried quickly!” Alex sympathized with the heart-broken father.

The man in her his late 40s wiped up his tears. Others had almost none of it, for they knew that fate for all of them was same! Men came forward with wooden planks to pick up the lifeless bodies. The coldness and helplessness in all of them was same, exception to Alex.

The small graveyard at the other end of the island looked like fair grounds. Freshly dug graves were being covered with mud, the old Father Paxon, reciting prayers.

Alex stood quietly in as the cold bodies of the two teenage sisters were lowered in the grave. I’ll die…even if untimely, undeservedly…I’ll be gone by the end of this day, just like all others! As she witnessed the deaths of all 28 people, who were like a family to her, Alex’s fear of death started decreasing. She was readying herself to see the way how others looked- black, pale, helpless, crying in agony and withering away!

She heard an indistinctive voice of thundering between funeral progress. Alex tried hard to analyse the sound and hoped somewhere the sound to be of relief. And just that moment, her brain gave a kick and she gasped, “A SHIP!



© 2018 Consp04


Author's Note

Consp04
Just one request...DO LEAVE FEEDBACKS!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on March 31, 2018
Last Updated on March 31, 2018
Tags: Adventure, Mystery, Humanity, Disease, Death, Decision, Relations, Brotherhood


Author

Consp04
Consp04

Mumbai, Kalyan, India



About
A student and writer. Loves to read and write novels. A psychology pursuing student BTW! more..

Writing
Coincident Coincident

A Book by Consp04