A Night At The Movies

A Night At The Movies

A Story by Darkswing
"

This here is my second short story and its based on a theater. Do enjoy this and share this if possible.

"

I just returned home from my last exam. I was so excited. For the past two weeks i have been dying with exams. Now finally i feel free. I quickly freshened up because my family were actually taking me for a special treat outside. As i reached the restaurant that i have never seen before. I believe it was just opened. So we began ordering for food. As soon as the food arrived to our table we began eating and the food was amazing. I just couldn't stop eating but eventually i had to stop as i couldn't eat anymore.

After that delicious meal, we returned home and fell into a nice and a deep sleep.
The next morning began the glory days of our freedom. When i woke up, i quickly decided that i would plan for a movie night with my friends. So I quickly gave my friends a call and they all have accepted it. After talking and planning with everyone on the phone. I quickly freshened up and decided to spend the rest of my day with my family. So i began the day with a lovely family breakfast and following after that we decided to have a lovely family picnic at a lovely park that was near us. So all of us left the house at 11:30 am for a picnic that was planned for the afternoon. As we entered, we were just enjoying the radiant rays of the sun, the soft blowing wind kissing our face, the sight of lovely trees and the birds that was resting on its branches, and the soft touch of the grass that grew on this park. It was a wonderful place to be in. It was like a second version of heaven. It was so peaceful and people who gathered there enjoyed every bit of that amazing park.

 We slowly picked a spot up the hill and we set our picnic basket and both my parent's rested on that hill just enjoying the park together. Both me and my small brother decided to wander within this amazing park. After an hour or so, we all gathered at the spot and began eating our lunch while feeling the wind press against our bodies and fill our minds with peace. At around 5pm, we left that peaceful place and entered into the world of troubles and violence. Never could we forget that feeling until our next picnic to that peaceful place.

 While on our way home, I asked my dad to stop by a theater in our area so that i could book the tickets for the 10pm show. As i got down i quickly ran to the tickets counter and checked for the movies.

I quickly bought four tickets for a movie and at that time there was no one around except the guy who looked scary but still i bought the tickets from him and quickly entered the car and returned back home. As i reached home, i gave a call to my friends and informed them about the movie at that time. They all agreed. So until then, I spent the evening playing video games. At around 8:45pm, i left to get freshened up and in a few minutes i was ready. I quickly ran out of my bed room and i ate my dinner.


At around 9:30 i left for the theater, its about a ten minutes walk from here. So i began sprinting as i always hated to be late for anything. Just as i reached the theater i saw all my friends standing in a group and waiting for me but what was surprising was that there was no sight of anyone around. It was about 9:37pm when i reached. So i split the tickets to his own respective owners and then we began hugging each other and talking about their exams and also cracking jokes on each other. We had fun until 9:56pm and then we entered the movie hall and found and sat on our respective seats. Therefore, the movie began.

Well luckily our seats were on the upper deck and there was no one there except us in the whole theater. We sat on the second row. While the movie was playing i began to feel my chair moving pushing me ahead even though i wasn't making it do that. I quickly pushed the chair back and began to watch the movie. After a few seconds, i could see something move around me. Suddenly i was feeling very cold and my friends did too and to our surprise the A/c wasn't on.

Still we dismissed what was happening and were busy enjoying the movie. Suddenly we began to see the movie to change and to our horror we could see ourselves on screen and on the screen from behind us we could see a white shadow of a woman with her hair over her face walking towards us from behind. We were scared to death as we began to look back but we did not see anyone but when we looked at the screen we see that apparition. We began to scream and we left that theater and as we exited the place and looked back we were shocked to see that the theater was abandoned and it didn't look like it was in business
was a couple of years.

We just began sprinting to our respective houses and as we looked back we could see the guy and the woman chasing each other in the building. I was just frozen and i quickly ran to my place and told my parent's this. My dad believed me as he thought that the theater was back in business and through which he actually let me go to buy the tickets and to watch the movie.

He began narrating the story of that theater saying that it was once an amazing theater but was later poisoned by a couple so evil that they used to kill people in there. Everything the police showed up they escaped and no one could see their face as it used to be covered but one day it got too far that the police cornered they and they took their lives and after a few days that theater began to be haunted by those evil people and it has been haunted for 30 years. I was scared too death after hearing this. I promised my self that i will never pass that building again.

© 2016 Darkswing


Author's Note

Darkswing
As i said before, Any grammar mistakes or improvements please let me know. Please do pardon the way i write.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 9, 2016
Last Updated on September 9, 2016

Author

Darkswing
Darkswing

Secunderabad, Telangana, India



About
Greetings, I bid thee welcome, ladies and gents to know a little something about me. Here are some of the words you can use to describe me with : Solitary Author (In Progress) Horror Fanati.. more..

Writing