A Stroll In The Park

A Stroll In The Park

A Story by Darkswing
"

This here is my third story. Do enjoy it. Its based on a dream that i had.

"
After a hectic day at work. I have finally received my two days off. i came back home exhausted and hungry at 12 in the morning. I quickly rushed to my fridge to check for some food and fortunately there were some chilled beers and some noodles that i cooked on the previous day. It still smelled fresh and was not spoiled yet. So i quickly warmed up the food as there was plenty for at least three men. I can't even seem to recall why i made so much of noodles. But still i heated my food up and picked up a bottle of beer and walked towards my hall in which a big LCD television and a very comfortable sofa with a small table in front was there waiting for me.

 I slowly sat on my couch and i switched on the television. I put the plate of noodles on the table and left to my bedroom to quickly freshen up for the later part of the evening before i go to bed. I returned back to my food fully dressed up for the night and fresh like a newly grown fruit. I sat and took up my plate of noodles and turned to my favorite channel which was Animax. I enjoy watching those manga.

 At around 2:30 am i started to feel drowsy so i switched off the television and cleaned up the table and as usual washed the things that was in the sink. After clearing up everything i was really exhausted so i left for my bed room and i rested on my bed and in seconds i drifted off to sleep.

The next morning i woke up around 12 am. I had the best dream ever. It was a real good night sleep. I didn't exactly know what i was supposed to do for the rest of the day. Until i could think of a good plan, i decided that i would spend some time watching a movie as it really was a busy and pressurizing week. So at least i spent a few hours watching some great movies. While i was busy watching a movie, i forgot to bring the milk and the papers inside and as i live in an apartment which is situated in a huge colony, there is no trusting anyone. But still i knew that i have really good neighbors.

I quickly got up and walked towards the door and as i opened it, i saw a couple of my neighbors standing in the far end of the corridor talking about something.
As i approached them, they began telling me what happened yesterday night, It seemed as though a person walked into the colony park at around 12pm in the night and was found unconscious six hours later.

When he woke up, he only said one word and that was "Akkada Dhayam Unnadi". Translated to english means "A Ghost Resides There". After hearing this i was both terrified and curious. As i loved roaming in haunted places and i wanted to see if what he said was true.

So i decided that i would spend the night in the majestic park filled with trees, a pond and a small outhouse for people to sit in. So i expressed my views to the neighbors and walked towards my house and before entering i made sure that i would pick up the papers and the milk.

The whole day i spent deciding my plan for the day and i also informed my best friend regarding the experience that one of our residents faced.He too sounded excited and also requested me to let him join in on this little investigation with which i agreed. A couple of hours later there he appeared in front of my house excited and ready but i had to calm him down so that we could wait for 12 am.

So we spent that day talking about our jobs and about various relationships that were going on at work and believe it or not it was funny as most of them were baseless. Still we ordered some take out food and bought a bottle of vodka to celebrate after the investigation.

Still the whole day just passed with you talking and ordering and dancing with music blaring in the house. At around 11pm, we started to get prepared for the stroll in the park. So at exact 12am we left the apartment and we took the lift to the ground floor. Within seconds we reached from the 6th floor to the ground floor.

As we got off from the elevator, we quickly ran to the park as after that little incident, security became a little tight. So still we somehow managed to enter the park and as we entered a fog began to appear through which after a few minutes we couldn't see anything. Still gathering our wits, we proceeded ahead. While we were walking along the path in the part we got lost and firstly we couldn't see anything and secondly we never actually roamed the park before. But still like a bunch of musketeers. We began to proceed.

Slowly, we heard a voice behind us which sounded like it was far away and after a second or so we heard it again, it was a voice that said "Leave", but this time it sounded closer. Every second it began getting closer and closer until one moment when it was just a few feet behind us we turned back only to see a woman in a red dress with no feet staring at us with her red eyes and she was mouth less. The best part was that her hair was over her scarred face. She looked aggressive. We began running but we couldn't find a way out. Suddenly we came upon the pond. We were exhausted and it was still foggy, so we quickly decided to take a breather. So we rested beside the lake.

For a few minutes it was calm and suddenly we heard something on the water. We tried to see but we couldn't. Still the sound got more closer and closer and suddenly we could see only footsteps on the water walking towards us and as we turned we were frozen and scared as we seen the woman just standing with the skin of her mouth peeling open like as if when you stretch a piece of skin. How it expands and breaks in between. We were scared for our life.

We just jumped up and ran like anything. Slowly we reached the outpost, and we just ran inside it and locked the door. The room was dark, so we were just checking for a lighter. When my friend found its in his pocket and as he lit it up We were facing each other and next to us was the woman standing there staring at us. We just lost it as she was just standing there staring at us and suddenly we dropped the lighter. We quickly looked for it and when we did, we lit it up only to find the woman standing at the corner filled with blood saying to get out.

As soon as we exited, the fog was then lifted and we quickly ran out. As we reached the elevator we could see the woman following us. We quickly close the elevator door and this time it took very long for us to reach on top and while we were going up we could see her standing behind us. As we reached the floor we quickly ran to my room and we never went to the park again and we see that woman sometimes and as we couldn't take the sightings anymore. We left that place.

But before i could leave. I was told that actually there was a woman who used to live in the apartment a few years back and what happened was that some guys raped her and did some unspeakable things to her and at the same time they even cut off her mouth and left her in the park so that she wouldn't be able to say who did this to her. But by morning she was found dead. I was so depressed to hear that. I figured that i would stay there and give her company until the end of my days as what she really wanted was someone to talk to and till now we became the best of friends.

© 2016 Darkswing


Author's Note

Darkswing
As previously mentioned. Please pardon the way i write and if any mistakes or improvements at all please do tell me

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 9, 2016
Last Updated on September 9, 2016

Author

Darkswing
Darkswing

Secunderabad, Telangana, India



About
Greetings, I bid thee welcome, ladies and gents to know a little something about me. Here are some of the words you can use to describe me with : Solitary Author (In Progress) Horror Fanati.. more..

Writing