Serenity

Serenity

A Poem by Ebb and Flow
"

I wrote this poem while in a summer college program...unfortunately..the teacher kept the original and I had to redo it from memory.

"
A breeze across the surface water smells of
harmonious wet forest and eternal pond water.
A reflection off the surface reveals the wisdom of elder trees teaching the young
and inexperienced.
The calling of the feather kin draws pictures
upon the water.
The pitcures show of a time gone by long ago.
I look out to see the golden rod lilies that breath their essence for the forest to take in.
A turtle ever so stealthily sneeks his head above the surface water to catch a breath.
The insects of the lonely waters glide lazily in sync to the music of the wood around.
Each ripple through the surface sings a story of years gone by,
But I do not understand the words.
One day this pond shall be drained and the calling of the birds shall die away.
The insects too shall all die away or leave this place of beauty.
The trees will be cut and turned to mulch, and later that mall man dreamed of will be put upon the dead pond.
Looking back to the mystifying waters of sheepish life; a movement catches my eye.
I look up from my writing and his quick jerky movements a sight of beauty,
His frail wings carrying his slender body over the waters in search of his prey.
Now I sit alone in peace feeling one with nature.
A single word not spoken in the serene silence.
I search the pond my eyes absorbing the calm scene of rebirth.
We begin to leave but leaving is the hardest part.
I turn and look out one last time; tears peaking in hazel orbs.
I wish not to leave this place of real beauty, but forever I know my heart is held captive to the pond of senerity.

© 2008 Ebb and Flow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! That was utterly fantastic!!! Your descriptions were enchanting and created an ethereal setting in my mind. The imagery was vivid and clear, showing true serenity in this beautiful pond setting. It felt closed off, private, and sacred, a place not of the usual world, but not exactly holy or divine. It was a perfect blend of nature's beauty and the magic of dreams. Excellent job! This is my favorite of your writing, and one of my favorites in the Cafe at all! I loved it!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow! That was utterly fantastic!!! Your descriptions were enchanting and created an ethereal setting in my mind. The imagery was vivid and clear, showing true serenity in this beautiful pond setting. It felt closed off, private, and sacred, a place not of the usual world, but not exactly holy or divine. It was a perfect blend of nature's beauty and the magic of dreams. Excellent job! This is my favorite of your writing, and one of my favorites in the Cafe at all! I loved it!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 28, 2008

Author

Ebb and Flow
Ebb and Flow

Milton Mills, NH



About
The names Krystina Michelle Walters Poetry is one of my soul passions in life. Without its passion I wouldn't understand the beauty of the written word or that beauty of this world. "Words have.. more..

Writing