nostalgia

nostalgia

A Poem by Cosmic kid

A song
A season
A smell
It's odd how the smallest and simplest things can get us so sad
So worked up
They can remind us of the past
Of things, people, and places that we wish to get back.
But everything changes
You have to get use to it.

© 2012 Cosmic kid


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it! Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cosmic kid

11 Years Ago

Thanks
Hmm...I'll bet someone with bipolar could totally understand this...and that person might have just finished reading it...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a painfully truthful poem. It really touches basis with what memories we come across just in an average day and how we fight off the boiling feelings or give in to the hollowness left inside. It's also good advice, 'but everything changes -you have to get use to it' you've given us the kick in the rear to continue forward with living and searching for new experiences. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cosmic kid

11 Years Ago

Thank you I felt like it was too depressing so I added in the last piece of advice.
You are soooooooooo right. Only today I took a roof box for the top of my car to the municipal tip. I have owned the box for about 15 years but not used it for about five. It seemed to good to just junk. But it was in the way being so big. It was cluttering the garden. So I took it to the tip, today. But I felt really sad to see it go cos I remember all the holidays with my family when I needed it. It was like a little ritual fixing it to the top of the car. It was a man type job. You had to be a man, a dad to do this job, sort of thing. But now it has gone. I thought of all the holidays when i used the thing. I missed it. But I know how nostalgia is now. It had to go. Nostalgia is really important to us. But -- like the roof box -- we have to part with it, too, when the time is right. You are soooooooooo right. Everything does change, everything. kids grow up. We have to face it. The holidays are past. You are right, right, right, we do have to get used to it. Of course, another part of me was really pleased once the box had gone. i really needed to get rid of it about three years back!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cosmic kid

11 Years Ago

Haha yeah we all have to move on even if we don't want to.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 6, 2012
Last Updated on July 13, 2012
Tags: Song, season, smell, sad, nostalgia, change

Author

Cosmic kid
Cosmic kid

Ashland, MA



About
i hate mayonnaise. more..

Writing
Weeds Weeds

A Poem by Cosmic kid



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Antichrist Antichrist

A Poem by Muse