The End?

The End?

A Story by Cousitarian
"

Always has there been a feud as old as time. At the start, light and dark were first to exist. At once, they hated one another. However, as explained here, never has one won over the other.

"
There has been an ancient battle in this realm we mortals live within.

One that you and I currently experience.

Where there is light, there will always be darkness.

Yet, where there is darkness, there will also be light.

Is that not true, my friend?

If you do not believe in that which I say, then look at that around us today.

Nature itself reflects the truth in my words.

No, do not argue... Just watch closely... There! Do you not see it?

Observe as the sun rises over that hill at dawn, watch as its illumination makes everything cast a distinct shadow each.

Wait for night to descend upon all things at dusk, then notice how the moon appears along with the stars to shine from the emptiness.

Forever, light has come so close to driving out the dark.

For infinity, darkness has come so close to drowning out the light.

However, neither has ever killed off the other.

No, ever since old father time began ticking those many years ago, the two have battled each other without pause.

So, where you say there is no hope left for our world, I cannot agree.

For an elderly soul, such as me, has learned not to give in to my grief.

No, as I have learned from the light, I must continue to resist, to fight, to live, despite the odds.

You should feel the same. 

However, naturally, you lack the experience that I hold close.

Consequently, do not allow your misery as well as doubts to overcome your hopes, young one.

In time, you will understand that which I speak of.

Until then, take this sage advice I have.

Do not weep and collapse like the weak of heart. Stand tall and proud like the strong.

Then, and only then, will the light return to fight off this darkness that befalls us.

Then, and only then, will we live to see our troubled world born anew.

© 2012 Cousitarian


Author's Note

Cousitarian
Just a random thought that describes my feelings on how the forces of good and evil truly have been butting heads since everything began. When the night comes, the stars shine. When the sun rises, everything casts a shadow. Didn't really notice those details about the world until I thought through this for the first time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is wonderful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lucy Morningstar ♥

11 Years Ago

Oh my goodness, a LOTR fan? No wonder the talent ive seen in your writing so far :) In all the peopl.. read more
Cousitarian

11 Years Ago

Ha ha, you're too kind and I'm not that great. Still, many thanks and, yes, being a LOTR fan does he.. read more
Lucy Morningstar ♥

11 Years Ago

lol half the time when Im writing Im watching either Star Wars or LOTR for inspiration :P best movie.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 24, 2012
Last Updated on December 24, 2012
Tags: Dark, Light, Hope, Faith, Courage, Fantasy

Author

Cousitarian
Cousitarian

MI



About
Not the best, not the worst, at writing. Not old but young. Full of inspiration, imagination but not enough experience to make it big. It's not the money I work for nor ever really will. What I do is .. more..

Writing
Prologue... Prologue...

A Chapter by Cousitarian


Preface Preface

A Chapter by Cousitarian