Angsty Cecilos

Angsty Cecilos

A Chapter by Taylor M.
"

Cecil and Carlos have had an argument.

"

     Cecil swallowed against the bile starting to rise up from deep within his throat. His amethyst colored eyes were glossy and moist, and they left small damp patches on Cecil's shirt as he tried to wipe his face with his sleeve. The radio host didn't want to say this, especially not on a public broadcast, but as he had stated before, it was his job to report the news. 'Not that what happened should be considered news' He thought to himself, pressing his eyes shut against the fabric of his white button-up top. Cecil raised his head and shook it slightly, remembering that the pre-recorded message from the sponsor would be ending soon. He didn't trust himself to speak. For once his smooth, articulate radio persona was quiet and seemingly hoarse with past crying. He noticed that the pre-recorded message was ending, an advertisement for Caprisun that involved a woman screaming and the sound of a crow in the distance. Cursing inwardly, Cecil flipped a little black switch on the sound-board.

 

    "Listeners, I feel that I should share something... personal with you." Cecil started. His voice was almost scratchy and shaking slightly. 'Damnit, Cecil! Pull yourself together!'

 

    "Carlos and I had a" A slight pause as Cecil struggled to find the correct term, "Falling out." There. This wasn't that hard.

 

    "Apparently he wants to 'take a break'. Which is completely understandable." 'Because I'm a mess and he deserves so much better', flashed through Cecil's mind.

 

    "But listeners, I don't even know what I did wrong!" Fresh tears were threatening to emerge, but Cecil fought them back, biting his lip before continuing. "We were on a date, at Big Rico's for our mandated one slice a week, and then it all just escalated."



© 2013 Taylor M.


Author's Note

Taylor M.
I can work on this but not my book report or social essay. I PROMISE I WILL ADD MORE

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on November 7, 2013
Last Updated on November 7, 2013
Tags: welcome to night vale


Author

Taylor M.
Taylor M.

Surrey, United Kingdom



About
I am a young writer who wants to be heard. I am a Whovian, and a Sherlockian. I hope you enjoy my writing, because I often get ambarassed by my work. I mostly write about romance, heart-break, suspens.. more..

Writing