The Lost and Gain of Hope

The Lost and Gain of Hope

A Story by AdvisorGirl
"

I wanted to write something that had hope in it. I think you'll like it but you never know.

"

I walk around with harp in hand to lend a tune so all can hear.

When I hear with my own ears the sound of crying of sorrow.

I look and see there you are crouching in front of a flowing fountain.

Dressed in rags, and body covered in filth I watch as others ignore your angelic voice.

You cry out for money or for a job of any kind before being pushed falling to the ground and your face in your slender hands as your cry. 

I watch with pity in my heart but I walk with caution as I sit next to you stroking a gentle tune against the firm strings.

Your head raises and I gaze into those amazing dark chestnut eyes that are filled with confusion and sadness.

As I continue to stroke my harp I gaze at my hand with a smile on my face humming softly with the tune of hope. 

As the song continues a voice is heard.

I look at you and see your tender red lips moving.

Your voice is soft at first then it rings out.

Couples and singles stop and look as you rise to your feet singing the song of hope.

They gather and listen my smiles widens happily for once in my life.

As the song ends people applauded and dropped coins into your hands.

A tear of happiness rolls down those cheeks now.

I rise to my feet watching with joy and when the crowd disperses I walk over offering my hat as a coin holder and asking for a pleasure of another song.

Nodding you put the hat down at our feet as I pluck the strings gently releasing another sweet tune. 

© 2010 AdvisorGirl


Author's Note

AdvisorGirl
It may seem like it's not the end but it is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on January 29, 2010
Last Updated on January 30, 2010
Tags: The Lost and Gain of Hope

Author

AdvisorGirl
AdvisorGirl

OK



About
I'm a mysterious person and if you send me something it may take a bit to get back at you. I'm honest and I rarely get into fights. I love writing. My writing is a bit strange it's like a poem but in .. more..

Writing