Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Kyline Freed

When in my life did this matter so much? When was I able to just sit back and relax and not have to worry about the problems of today? I haven’t been living in a real home most of my life, I may have lived in houses but they never were really home for me.  As of today I haven’t lived in a ‘Home’ in ten years. I honestly haven’t cared, but according to most I should have been adopted by now, it’s not really my fault that every time I get angry I end up killing someone, I don’t even know how I do I just get mad, I black out and then by the time I’m conscious again my hands are scorched and blistered and the foster parents I had been with were dead.
    They tell me that the fires were caused by a gas leak or something in the oven catching on fire but how is that true if most of the time when the people died we were in my room, not in the kitchen, and how come when the fire happened there wasn't any sign of a fire in the kitchen. There was actually a point when we were in the living room fighting and all of a sudden I hear blood warming scream as high pitched as a recorder being blown into with all their might and a siren type sound coming out, then I looked down at my hands that one time I didn’t pass out and I saw flames licking them, I look up at my now quiet ’Parents’ and they are slowly, ever so slowly sinking to the ground their flesh sizzling from the fire that engulfed them, the stench of burning flesh filling the air. After my ‘parents’ had fallen to the ground I had looked at my hands and they looked the same as they did any other time this happened, but there’s one catch, my hands never have been scarred because of the fire, and they, not once, have hurt afterward.
    But this time there won’t be a story to back me up, to find me not guilty, mainly because I killed hundreds of people at once that last time.


© 2015 Kyline Freed


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This sounds interesting. A person with a proclivity for fire, and a degree of regret to it in the prologue. I wonder, having killed a few hundred people 'that last time' have we got a pyromaniac just waiting to burst out? lol
Sounds good and I'm intrigued enough to want to read more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A very interesting start to the story, what shocked was the last line
Until now, It's going very well the story!
Great work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This very reminiscent of King's supernatural children, The story 'Fire-started' a girl cursed with pyro-kenesis 'Rose Red's' Annie Wheaton, who specialized in telekinesis, and 'Carrie', who after being doused in pigs blood at the prom set the school and town ablaze. Now even though these ideas sound similar, it doesn't mean you can't give a unique take on the events or characters. My main suggestion would be to expand on this, instead of telling me a list of events, show me the scene of the bedroom fire. You can still begin with a first-person narration, simply have your narrator reflect on the events as they transpired. I hope this helps a little. Good luck in your future writing endeavors.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
GC
Marked this for reading later Kyline- sounds like a good one fire starter/carrie?

Posted 9 Years Ago


GC

9 Years Ago

movies from the 80s - 'fire starter' was drew Barrymore as a kid- the other sissy spacec mind contro.. read more
GC

9 Years Ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestarter_(novel) Stephen king wrote the story- if you like horror.
Kyline Freed

9 Years Ago

Ok I'll have to look into it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2014
Last Updated on January 20, 2015


Author

Kyline Freed
Kyline Freed

Imperial, MO



About
I am transferring all my work from this account to another due to some guy basically stalking me so if you would wish to add that account message me here and I will gladly send you my username. I .. more..

Writing