Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kyline Freed

Chapter 3
    I step back in shock. How could this be me? I had only just met Eve and Andrew. How would they have a painting of me?
    “Krista?” I hear someone walking down the hallway. I turn to see who it is; it’s Andrew. “What’s wrong?” he asks noticing my face, but his facial expression completely changing as soon as he realizes what’s behind me. “It’s you,” he mumbles, his face softening. “Krista come with me, I- we need to tell you something.”
            “Why does this painting look so much like me, and why does she have flames all over her hands?”
    “That’s what I was going to explain, now please, come with me,” he says and then starts to walk down the hall towards where my bedroom is, he stops at the door next to mine. “Stand out here for a second while I go see if Eve wants to go for a ride while we explain all this to you. Then we don’t have to worry about being interrupted.” He opens the door and walks into the room. A few moments later he walks out but with Eve at his side.
    “Come on,” Andrew tells me, waving his hand in my direction while he continues to walk down the hall towards the staircase.

    As we are getting into the car Eve finally speaks up but in a whisper to Andrew, “I didn’t think this was gonna be the one Andrew, I didn’t think that Krista was her until she said that stuff about her other foster homes to me,” she pauses and starts to talk to me, not whispering this time. “Krista, are you sure you don’t know how those fires started?”
    I don’t answer for a moment. How am I supposed to tell her what I saw that one time? “I-I,” nervously I stutter.
    “Did you have like an outer body experience and sort of- how do I put this- like watched your hands catch on fire and then the people you were with fall to the ground burning?” she asks me as though it happened everyday.
    “Yeah, but it wasn’t really like an outer body experience, I was still like watching it from my eyes when it happened and then I passed out and woke up in a hospital, my hands all blistered up.”
    “Did it leave any scarring or burn pains?” She grabs my hands and pulls up my jacket sleeves and turning my arm back and forth checking for any scarring.
    “Andrew, this is her, she has the birthmark,” she turns to him and says, still holding my arms.
    “Where? I don’t see it,” he tilts his head and tries to look over Eve’s shoulder.
    “Right here,” she grabs my ponytail and moves it behind my shoulder and then points to where my birthmark is. My birthmark kind of looked like a brown sun or a paint splatter with a slight yellow hint to it, it is a really nasty looking color. “I saw it earlier but I just thought it was a normal birthmark; I just placed it when she said that she doesn’t get pains or anything.”
    “Do you really think this is her?” Andrew asks. Have they completely forgotten I’m here?
    “I do. Krista do you know what you are?” Eve asks, finally acknowledging me for the first time in like five minutes.
    “Of course, I’m a person.” To me it sounded like the dumbest question in the world.
    “No, like seriously.”
    “I don’t know. Why? Does this have anything to do with anything about my other foster parents?”
    “I think it does, but do you know that mural you were asking about?”
    “Yes,” I reply, remembering the painting of the girl that looked just like me. I pull my hair out of my ponytail. “Why? Is that me?”
    “Yes, but she’s also the lost Goddess of the sun.”


© 2014 Kyline Freed


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy universe, you're the twist master! I did not expect that coming!
Awesome, everything about the story is awesome

Posted 9 Years Ago


I was NOT expecting this to turn into a fantasy story! I like how you did that, it really adds a twist to the story that will keep people reading and wondering, "what will happen next?" I look forward to the next chapter of this story!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I read all chapters including prologue, thought to leave comment collectively for all the stories. The idea is good, the plot is well arranged here. I love the chapter where you have described the burning of foster parents, that was real intense. It was just lacking emotion. Watching someone dying near you is the most extreme emotion. Here, I found the girl very cold with her emotion, or it was something you wanted purposely? I loved the ending of 5th chapter, the Sun Goddess thing was different. I was expecting mutation.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kyline Freed

9 Years Ago

The lacking of emotion was on purpose, it was supposed to show that she has lived in so many foster .. read more
Mayank

9 Years Ago

True, I was thinking of that only. But she's a kid and it even takes army brats to get rid of all th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2014
Last Updated on November 13, 2014


Author

Kyline Freed
Kyline Freed

Imperial, MO



About
I am transferring all my work from this account to another due to some guy basically stalking me so if you would wish to add that account message me here and I will gladly send you my username. I .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Kyline Freed


Snow Fairy Snow Fairy

A Chapter by Matching Socks