My Letter To Suicide?

My Letter To Suicide?

A Poem by Kyline Freed

I want it to be over,
I sometimes wish I were dead. 
I've even tried.

I'm thinking about it more now.
I think it would just be better if I were gone,
That everyone would be happier,
That they wouldn't have to deal with the
Loud,
Annoying,
Me.

They wouldn't have to listen to me complain about
My family, or
My issues.

But most of all,

Me hating myself.

© 2015 Kyline Freed


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i also hope you don´t feel like that there are people that care about you. if you want to talk about anything email me if you want to talk my email is: [email protected]. i will always be there if anybody needs someone to talk to.

Posted 8 Years Ago


i hope you really dont feel like this, because thatd be terrible. suicide is never a good option. too many people would miss you and you world would lose a great life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I think that within everyone there is a voice in their head telling them that their family and friends would have a better life if they were gone. This is simply a lie that we all tell ourselves. We affect so many people and events on this earth and to think that we can slip away without causing pain is a fallacy. If we decide to leave this earth than people that we love and who love us will be hurt. Even if you have hatred for yourself that does not change your worth in the eyes of the people who love you. I think that most people have been in this dark place before. When you are in that state of mind people will try and tell you that you shouldn't feel the way you feel. But there is nothing wrong with feeling this way. Just know that you are not alone in this and that it is ok to express how you are feeling. Writing this poem is a very brave start.
Best wishes,
Kay

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sometimes people find some peace in thinking about non existence. But the fact is that we don't know if there is peace to be found there. At really awful times in my life I've also found myself thinking those kinds of thoughts. But I really believe that we are on a journey and are meant to see it through in its own unique way. Even the things that may seem hurtful or difficult can become amazing opportunities for realization. When I start feeling those dark ways now I just allow my mind to take a break and not think about anything. I think it's very important to continue on in this life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Okay.... I'm gonna go on a not-so-wild guess that you were in a fairly dark place when you wrote this. Suicide is... not a particularly good way of solving issues. I realised this because when I was at the age of 14-17 I often thought about it myself, often because i was small, bullied and felt like Miles W. that i would be single for the rest of my life, hell, once I tried to suffocate myself. In hindsight, I'm rather glad that I failed, because when a friend of mine succeeded in his suicide it changed my whole year group and our view on the subject (most especially because we had just received our GCSE results, and he did it the night before them. I can only speculate on his reasoning behind it now). It was a long time ago now, but at the time it hit me like I'd been punched in the face, stabbed in the gut and had all the air drained from my lungs.

My point is, suicide is not the solution to problems the like of which are in your poem, and so if you are thinking about it, don't do it. You might think things will be better if you were gone, (I know, I thought about it) but then when you consider what may actually happen, the amount of heartbreak and pain your friends and family would go through would be immeasurable.

I don't wanna sound like some preaching evangelist on the street, but suicide ain't worth it. The poem is great because you've expressed your innermost feelings in a way that hits hard. Its simple in its descriptions. You have a talent for writing. Embrace it, and hone your techniques further. Because, as your profile on the right there says your age, you have your whole life ahead of you, much of which will be unpredictable. There'll be good, bad, those moments where you'll be like "What?", but the point is, life gets better.

Don't give up! (on either life, or your writing)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Well then.....this is pretty dark....hopefully not a reflection of true feelings. If I were saying in response to this poem, you might think you are removing an annoyance from others live, but in reality, you are creating a pain far greater then what you think you are removing. People get used to a status quo, and they enjoy other people's company. Sometimes it feels like a bit too much for some, like when I was always complaining to my friends about the fact that I will be single for the rest of my life. It drove them nuts and annoyed them, but they still listened because friends do that. They will listen no matter what as long as they can help and support (wow, this review got really off track). Good style for writing it, just a very strange subject matter for me.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 8, 2015
Last Updated on October 8, 2015

Author

Kyline Freed
Kyline Freed

Imperial, MO



About
I am transferring all my work from this account to another due to some guy basically stalking me so if you would wish to add that account message me here and I will gladly send you my username. I .. more..

Writing