Who Am I?

Who Am I?

A Poem by Sangeetha
"

this is everything that I am as a person and I know the hearts of many, and this is why.

"

WHO AM I?       By Sangeetha


I am a girl, like any other girl out there.


My appearance may look plain like my abyss for hair.


I am a human, like any other human out there.


I may seem mediocre, but my spirit is like the brightest flare.


I am cruel like all other friendly demon.


I am kind like all other faithful treason.


I am your reflection in the mirror.


I am your friend like no other.


I am the pain that you refuse to show.


I am your tears that on your cheek I flow.


I am naïve like the world’s youngest.


I am wise like the world’s oldest.


All this is possible, as I look not only with my eyes.

I Listen, to your inner voice, that to you it does not shy.


All this is possible, as I hear not only with my ears.

I See you as you are, because to me your soul is shear.


I know who you are, as like you I am the weak mighty.


But every day I must painfully wonder,  who am I? can you see me?

© 2016 Sangeetha


Author's Note

Sangeetha
hope you like this piece, its something that I found i had to dig deep to find.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your call into the sweet void of the soul's shadow seems to pull us all a bit closer to see, to discover who you really are, beyond just what our frail eyes can see. And yes, such discovery is for you as well, deeper every day into the wonder of you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Yes it's very personal everyone can see through other people's windows but we can't see through our .. read more



Reviews

Very deep and emotionally challenging. It is so true, all you've said. One may think they know themselves, but in the end, do they really? You are not just one thing, but hundreds of thousands of things bound into to the small container of a human body. One cannot ever truly know themselves nor can they know another.

Beautifully written, I am astounded by this piece. It spoke to me. I have been searching for myself for a long while, and only know do I realize it is a waste of time and I should simply embrace what I do know and hope, over time, I can discover more and learn from it!

Thank you for sharing this, it truly spoke to me, to my heart! Full ratings and I look forward to reading some of your other writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


first of all the poem is very well written, with very catchy use of words along with very thought provoking discoveries.... it's a question that haunted me many times in my life and i used compare myself with others but you know comparing with others made my life hell... then i discovered that it's not in others but inside me where the answer of this question hides... i can truly tell you that i know who am i.... very well done sis... full ratings.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Your call into the sweet void of the soul's shadow seems to pull us all a bit closer to see, to discover who you really are, beyond just what our frail eyes can see. And yes, such discovery is for you as well, deeper every day into the wonder of you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Yes it's very personal everyone can see through other people's windows but we can't see through our .. read more
I can really relate to this. So easily can I figure out who other people are, how they think, all that stuff,; but when it comes time to explain myself no words come.
Good job, I love all the oxymorons in this piece. It simply stresses the question: WHO AM I

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Exactly I know right it's just so hard to look within ourselves when it's so much easier to look on .. read more
Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your in pressing with me.
I believe many people feel invisible much of the time . . . thus I love your final question.

This is an amazing piece of introspection, well-written, & surprising in spots. "Abyss for hair" seems unusual & striking . . . hair must be thick & full, like one could fall into it & get lost. Kind = "faithful treason" this seems like an oxymoron to me & I'm having a bit of trouble imagining this.

Two of my favorite lines:
"I am naïve like the world’s youngest.
I am wise like the world’s oldest."

I love the way you paint a person to be at both extremes at the same time. So many people tend to view a person as being "all this" or "all that" . . . we are all contrasting oxymorons . . . you illustrate this in many interesting & thought-provoking ways.


Posted 8 Years Ago


Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Ooh thank you, you get my approach I thought no one else would get it but yeah I am so appreciative .. read more
I love the poem who am i ? And also your use of oxymoron,like friendly demon,its a nice piece well written
WHO AM I ?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Adesanya I really appreciate you coming down over to read my pieces..and yes I was.. read more
Adesanya Yewande

8 Years Ago

That would be lovely cause i also wish to know who you are
Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Sometimes I don't even know who I am. Theres ore to it than just "hi my name is blank and I like to .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2016
Last Updated on March 16, 2016

Author

Sangeetha
Sangeetha

Singapore



About
I like art anything to do with Creative processes I'm all over it. I also draw really well too. If you like my poems don't be shy to express ow you feel! more..

Writing
Ice Cream! Ice Cream!

A Poem by Sangeetha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Poster Girl Poster Girl

A Story by Tina H.W.