Brother

Brother

A Story by CreatureKane
"

A short writing of some reflection (today) on the day my brother died in 2005.

"
This was a day like no other, April 21st 2005, nothing could have prepared us for the pain and suffering that we were about to face. I was 12 years old and When i walked into that room and saw you lying in that bed, cold as stone and white as a ghost; I thought surely this is a joke there is no way that this could be real. The shrieks and cries of family broke any thought of it not being real. I couldn't believe that you, my eldest brother, was gone at the young age of 22. You were so full of life and I had barely just begun to get to know you. Your life was cut short by a terrible tragedy and it cut me deeper than any knife ever could. I was but a child, so young, so confused. I had no idea how to process what was happening.

Today I can't remember your face, i cant hear your voice. I know you are real but it is like you never existed. You are hardly spoken of, none of your stuff has any remnants of you left. I wish i had got to know you for longer than the last year of your life but I am also grateful that I did get to know you for a whole year of your life. I wish you had been able to live. It was ruled as an accidental overdose, but was it? You were the smartest most tormented man that I have ever known still to this day. Even if you knowingly and intentionally chose to leave this world and us with it, it is okay. I believe I have come to understand why you would have chosen that; the world can be a very cold and cruel place, but it can also be so very wonderful and amazing. I am no longer choosing to follow in your footsteps. I am choosing now to not just see the bad and focus on the pain. Nothing will take my love and admiration for you away. You will always be my sweet amazing big brother and you will always be held high in my heart. Never forgotten. I love you so very much. I hope you have found peace and some tiny bit of happiness my dear sweet brother.

© 2017 CreatureKane


Author's Note

CreatureKane
I am not very good with grammar or writing in general so please be kind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ena
The law of attraction says like attracts like.If you think positive and believe in good things,they will be attracted towards you.It's bit difficult as I am too trying to apply it.You are on a new amazing path full of positivity.All the best for a wonderful life ahead.
:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CreatureKane

6 Years Ago

It most certainly is not easy but the best things in life never are. I believe that i am prepared th.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ena
The law of attraction says like attracts like.If you think positive and believe in good things,they will be attracted towards you.It's bit difficult as I am too trying to apply it.You are on a new amazing path full of positivity.All the best for a wonderful life ahead.
:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CreatureKane

6 Years Ago

It most certainly is not easy but the best things in life never are. I believe that i am prepared th.. read more
this is so sad, I am very sorry for your loss.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CreatureKane

6 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate your sympathy. Unfortunately it has just become part of my life. I can't let.. read more
Karmee

6 Years Ago

I've lost my parents and my grandparents I know the grief
oh this is wonderful, I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CreatureKane

6 Years Ago

Thank you! 😄 I have a couple more that I'll most in the morning.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2017
Last Updated on December 16, 2017
Tags: Loss, death

Author

CreatureKane
CreatureKane

Writing
Fear Fear

A Story by CreatureKane


Pills Pills

A Story by CreatureKane


Sobriety Sobriety

A Story by CreatureKane