Sobriety

Sobriety

A Story by CreatureKane
"

A short story about my recent change to sobriety. Day 6

"
December 16th, 2017. Sobriety - day 6

A wonderful day to be alive and sober. I am side days sober, and never did I think that I would make it to sobriety again. I am so glad that I have made it here, today I got to watch my best friend test for her black belt and I could not be more proud of her passing the test! She did such an amazing job. It took the first four days for me to get through my withdrawals from opiates, but since that has passed it is like every day I can actually see. I can actually start becoming me. I don't feel the need to be high all day every single day. The desire is still there but that is NOTHING without the feeling of needing it. I don't want to miss out on my life anymore, so every day for the rest of my life I will wake up and the first thing I will do is say "today I choose life, thank you." I have dealt with many trrrible things in my life and i know that Life can be hard, painful, mundane, and just downright miserable, but in the next moment it can be beautiful, kind, enchanting, exciting, and just perfectly sublime. I just have to learn to be able to tell myself when things get unbearable that I am not alone, this is just one chapter in my book of life and I will most certainly not let it be how my story ends. I am choosing today to believe that I am better than all the bad, the pain, the darkness, the hatred. There is absolutely no reason for me to let it control my existence anymore or let it ruin my perfectly good life. Woth the help of my deareast and closest friends and family j am learning how to be alive again, how to be real again. Life can be so much better than I ever imagined. Today was such an amazing day to be alive and sober.

© 2017 CreatureKane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am glad you found a light at the end of the tunnel. I used to be gothic, but left that life style behind me.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 17, 2017
Last Updated on December 17, 2017
Tags: Sobriety, Hope, life

Author

CreatureKane
CreatureKane

Writing
Fear Fear

A Story by CreatureKane


Pills Pills

A Story by CreatureKane


Addiction Addiction

A Story by CreatureKane