Chants: Chapter 1 - The World's Gone

Chants: Chapter 1 - The World's Gone

A Chapter by Crimson
"

A Fantasy/Adventure book about a 17 year old girl who wakes up to find everyone she loves is missing and the whole world, at least until she meets a mysterious figure in the shadows.....

"

She woke up, her senses slowly leaping back to life. First, hearing.

The familiar sound of birds singing and traffic bustling mixed with the nip of cold air on her nose from the window left ajar made her feel the way you only know when you have a home. Slowly her mind adjusted to her surroundings and she was in bed, like any other day.

Only today was different.

-------------------------------------

Her name is Camille Decour, Cami for short. Today is her 17th birthday, although she never really looked forward too them anymore, it marked the anniversary of her parents death. They had been on their way to pick her up from a party and got in a big accident. It was only her and her sister left to stay with their aunt. Her aunt tried but it was straining at times, they never really had a connection, she always felt like a burden. A responsibility.

However this year she would get a present she never asked for.

--------------------------------------

Dread was filling in her stomach as she crept down the stairs. November 28 always was her least favourite day. She reached the bottom of the stairs and with a deep breath waltz into the living room.

Expecting to see her aunt, it sent a wave of panic through her when she wasn't there but she pushed the thought aside and went to get some toast. Unaware that no one would reply she said "I'm leaving!".Slightly disappointed in the lack of attention this morning, she slipped on her shoes and left the house. Weary and tired she slammed the door (as if to make a point) and continued down the street.Something was strange, it seemed that she had imagined the traffic in the morning, the streets were baron and empty. What had once been full of bustling cars now showed no signs of life. Panic rose inside her as she started into a run. She told herself, get to the school, there will be people there, it will be fine.

It wasn't fine.

*   *   *

As she turned the corner on smiths street, relief hit her like the cold and bitter November morning wind. She could see something, lit by the damp orange glow of the streetlamp (it was dark in the early morning nowadays).It was a shadowy figure, on the rooftops of the old terrace houses that looked abandoned of the family who lived there. It resembled a boy, well built and almost double her height. He looks trained, she thought to herself.

Before she could think about him anymore he had started running and jumping across the rooftops, he looked inhuman. She thought she saw the light catch on something, almost like a metal blade. A sword.

No, that would be crazy, she doubted. By the time she had dismissed that thought, he was gone he had started running again although this time she lost him. He was too fast for her to keep up with her eyes. She started to run after him, he wasn't getting away that easy, he was the one person she'd seen all day, he was being questioned.

She felt a sharp pain in the back of her kneecaps but before she could turn around to see what it was, she was on the cold, unforgiving ground. She tried to force herself to her knees but she noticed that someone behind her, a masculine, smouldering voice (the type you hear In movies) was saying something, under his breath but getting louder and louder each time.

"Et somno silentii....et somno silentii....et somno silentii"
She didn't understand what he was saying to her but as she tried to speak her voice was broken as if she was saying it, but it wasn't making any sound.

And then she was asleep, peaceful and silent in the darkness.

*   *   *

there was something unfamiliar about where she was, she was slowly coming back to consciousness and remembered everything.

Anger bubbled up inside her when she saw the boy standing over her. She hadn't seen in the dark but now he was so close to her she could feel his breath slightly moving her hair. He had messy dark brown hair and had strands falling into his face and eyes, that must be uncomfortable, she thought but bit her lip so she didn't say it. His dark green eyes reminded her of the trees in the park she used to play in as a child and draw when she got older.

The silence broke.

"Well, hi" said that familiar voice, he said it so casually, as if he hadn't just kidnapped her.

His face changed from unbothered to shock as she reached up and slapped him with as much force as possible.

"And what was that for" he asked, annoyingly, not acting as if it hurt him but amused him. He was smirking.

She didn't reply.

 



© 2017 Crimson


Author's Note

Crimson
Ignore grammatical errors or spelling please, focus on the story :)
Also:
' -----------' means extra info for the story
'******' means pause in the story
Words in italics normally mean thoughts

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Really good short piece. The part whee the man was jumping from rooftop to rooftop was really super cool - straight out fo something from an action movie.

The only thing which I would add - build up the suspense more when the perosn creeps up from behind. It bring so much more to the story. Also add some weather into it when the girl is walking on the street.

I like the ending bit it was well structured - good creepy build up as to who the mystery man could be.

Really cool short piece and I will read more of it.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crimson

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely try to do everything you've suggested :)
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

No worries, let me know when you have done so. Really enjoyed reading your work.

Mark.. read more
Crimson

7 Years Ago

Thank you :) I am currently in the process of writing chapter 4 and will try to include more of the .. read more



Reviews

Really good short piece. The part whee the man was jumping from rooftop to rooftop was really super cool - straight out fo something from an action movie.

The only thing which I would add - build up the suspense more when the perosn creeps up from behind. It bring so much more to the story. Also add some weather into it when the girl is walking on the street.

I like the ending bit it was well structured - good creepy build up as to who the mystery man could be.

Really cool short piece and I will read more of it.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crimson

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely try to do everything you've suggested :)
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

No worries, let me know when you have done so. Really enjoyed reading your work.

Mark.. read more
Crimson

7 Years Ago

Thank you :) I am currently in the process of writing chapter 4 and will try to include more of the .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 17, 2017
Last Updated on August 27, 2017


Author

Crimson
Crimson

United Kingdom



About
Hi! So. You have either come from my real life because I have told you to or you have stumbled on my page through the website. Either way, you should totally read some of my experiments! As you ca.. more..

Writing
Years- Blurb Years- Blurb

A Chapter by Crimson