Chants: Chapter 5 - Promise

Chants: Chapter 5 - Promise

A Chapter by Crimson
"

A Fantasy/Adventure book about a 17 year old girl who wakes up to find everyone she loves is missing and the whole world, at least until she meets a mysterious figure in the shadows.....

"

It had been two weeks of training with Theo and August, most of the time it was Theo but August did progress checks. She had just finished with August and she'd managed, she wasn't sure how, to get August on the floor. August was scrambling to her feet, blatantly ignoring Cami's stretched out hand.

She looked over at Theo, " She's ready, do it in the morning. Report straight back to me." and then walked out, no other word.

*   *   *

"What did she mean! Do what! Is it bad! Did I do something wrong!" She had run over to Theo and was violently shaking his shoulders. To her surprise he let out a soundless laugh.

"It's cute when your worried, it's quite the opposite. She wants me to take you to one of my missions tomorrow, test it on real demons."

She let go of him immediately, " What, a real fight, with real demons.

I could die."

"No, no you can't. You just got the most experienced and talented Protector in England to the floor," -and with a smirk he said- "I guess that makes you the most talented Protector now." She pushed him away playfully, they both laughed and for a moment she forgot all her troubles, all about her parents, the fight, her sister, her aunt. It was just her and Theo, in that moment. He had a habit of making her feel that way.

*   *   *

Later that evening, Cami noticed who huge the corridors were everytime she walked through them. She felt particularly tired this evening, like her head would explode if she didn't go and lie down. She had been here for two weeks and already, it felt like home. Although all day she could have sworn she had seen her fathers figure looming in the different rooms. It was impossible, He is dead, she had to keep telling herself.

Earlier she had left Theo at the table, he had ordered chinese but the last thing on her mind was eating-

*   *   *

"Oh, no thanks I think I'm just going to go to bed, I feel really tired." Theo had pushed over a plate of Chinese food, which she did have to admit, looked amazing.

"Are you sure, you haven't eaten much today, are you okay?" An expression of concern and worry washed over his face, which didn't disappear.

"Yeah I'm sure, I don't know, I've been thinking a lot recently about my parents. Why they hid all this from me, they never did tell us did they-"- She had pulled up her knees on the chair, she had enough room seeing as the chairs were way too big for her anyway. She put her chin on her knees in thought.-"- what were they thinking. Then I remind myself of my Aunt and my sister, what their life is like without me.". She felt tears well up in her eyes but wiped them away with her hand gingerly. Theo had been surprisingly silent.

"Okay then, but promise me if you are going to bed then you don't go to that awful guest room with the smashed in window."

"Where else would I go-"

"You can stay in my room-" He said it so casually then added again- "Promise."

She was a little taken a back by his request but never the less she mumbled  into her knees before she got up and walked away-

"I promise"



© 2017 Crimson


Author's Note

Crimson
Sorry this is a bit shorter than usual :)
Also the block italics are a mini flashback

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on January 26, 2017
Last Updated on August 27, 2017


Author

Crimson
Crimson

United Kingdom



About
Hi! So. You have either come from my real life because I have told you to or you have stumbled on my page through the website. Either way, you should totally read some of my experiments! As you ca.. more..

Writing
Years- Blurb Years- Blurb

A Chapter by Crimson